Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Want to say hello to this forum and introduce myself :)

Want to say hello to this forum and introduce myself :)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FrankB1

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I'm Frank and I'm looking to get into float tubing or inflatable pontoon for some local lake fishing. I moved from Pittsburgh Pa in 2009 to Wasilla Alaska.
I have approx 85 lakes available to me that contain wild rainbow, arctic char, landlocked salmon, grayling and pike. I havent fished all that much in the past few years due to bear paranoid syndrome (haha) and associated combat fishing when the salmon are running. So the lakes are mostly overlooked here.

Anyway, I'm looking to either get a float tube or a frameless pontoon. My local Sportsman Warehouse is somewhat limited.

I've been looking at the Creek Company Voyager frameless pontoon...does anyone here have one or know anything about them, its on sale now for $389, usually 500-600 I think.

I'm also considering Creek Company ODC 420 Ultralight tube...anyone have experience with these. Or any other recommendations would be great!

Thank you

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Awesome welcome! the odc 420 are awesome tubes i got a couple buddys who use em. Plus the light enough to carry fully inflated on your back. Really helps on long trips to the water. Im sure there will be some other guys to chim in on this good luck man.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Greetings Frank, and welcome. If you're looking for a smaller float tube, such as the ODC420, a good tube to play with on the water. A few of my friends have them, and love them. In comparison to the ODC 420, I also compare with the Fish Cat 4, a bit pricier, but for some good reasons. After using both, I favor FC4 a bit more, but not a whole lot. However, tossing the Cumberland into the mix, if I'm on budget, I go with the Cumberland.

Now, for the Voyager, it's a great starting frameless pontoon. The material is not as strong as the Dave Scadden Escape, but it's a great intro to short range fishing excursion, with perfect transportability. Dave Scadden pontoons have a bit greater durability, but the costs can be life consuming. I have a Dave Scadden Sunrise, and I can pretty much sleep on it if I have to, but it's a pain.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Welcome to the site cannot wait to see some pictures from your spot in the world. The Creek Company framless sounds like a great deal, and you cannot go wrong with a 420 IMO. I am sure what ever way you go you will be happy.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
welcome to the forums

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum