FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reccomend any Waders?

+5
bootsknocka
.:LOLLY:.
JsFishSlayer
just_for_the_halibut
jjvalencia
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reccomend any Waders? Empty Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:07 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey guys I am looking into buying some waders real soon but need some help choosing which ones to get what would you recommend I'm 5'5 and want some decent waders to float tube. Any Reccomendations? Thanks for the help! salute

2Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm

just_for_the_halibut

FTFF Gathering Officer

yes by my many years of fishing and experience i would go with any waders of good feeling to you but personally i prefer Patagonia waders of high quality. good luck Thumbs Up

3Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

just_for_the_halibut wrote:yes by my many years of fishing and experience i would go with any waders of good feeling to you but personally i prefer Patagonia waders of high quality. good luck Thumbs Up

Ohh why thanks very helpful. Haha we gotta get out soon! salute

4Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Depends on how much you're looking to spend. Got a Particular price range your shooting for? A pair of breathable waders is a good start since it's about to start warming up.

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

5Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

JsFishSlayer wrote:Depends on how much you're looking to spend. Got a Particular price range your shooting for? A pair of breathable waders is a good start since it's about to start warming up.

I would say no more than 100 if that's an ok price.

6Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Keep an eye out for sales then. That's what I did. Bass Pro shops was having a sale, and I got mine for a good deal.
They're similar to these here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But mine have more padding than these, same brand though, and I love them.

7Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

JsFishSlayer wrote:Keep an eye out for sales then. That's what I did. Bass Pro shops was having a sale, and I got mine for a good deal.
They're similar to these here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But mine have more padding than these, same brand though, and I love them.

I will and thanks those look awesome! And very good price!! Thanks

8Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

jjvalencia wrote: I will and thanks those look awesome! And very good price!! Thanks

Anytime. I would still shop around a bit, and take some advice from folks that are more experienced than I am. I'm fairly new to this myself.

9Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:04 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Get some breathable waders with stocking-foot. You can always layer up on your clothes when the weather is too cold. I am currently using some from Hodgman that I got for under 100 and no complaints here. Although, some with a zipper in the front would be super nice!

These are the ones that I have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 am

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Get some breathable waders with stocking-foot. You can always layer up on your clothes when the weather is too cold. I am currently using some from Hodgman that I got for under 100 and no complaints here. Although, some with a zipper in the front would be super nice!

These are the ones that I have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will look into those thanks for the advice! Thumbs Up

11Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 am

bootsknocka

FTFF Gathering Officer

Frogg Toggs makes waders.
I recently purchased their breathables with stocking foot. About 120 bucks. I am in Indiana and the water is still 45-50 degrees. Threw on a couple of extra layers and was comfortable.
And they have a zipper pocket, and velcro pocket on front, very convenient

12Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 am

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

bootsknocka wrote:Frogg Toggs makes waders.
I recently purchased their breathables with stocking foot. About 120 bucks. I am in Indiana and the water is still 45-50 degrees. Threw on a couple of extra layers and was comfortable.
And they have a zipper pocket, and velcro pocket on front, very convenient

Thanks guys you guys are extremley helpful! I will also check some of those waders out! Thanks Again!! Thumbs Up

13Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have some frog toggs also got them from sports chalet for 50 % off look around your local stores for sales

14Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya i would check local stores its about to be summer time so the waders r goin to start goin on sale

15Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I will check out my nearest store thanks for the info guys!! Really Helpful salute

16Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:42 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

THIS MIGHT BE A REALLY DUMB QUESTION BUT HEY I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL. WHEN FISHING WITH WADERS SAY I GET BREATHABLE WADERS WITH STOCKINGFOOT DO YOU WEAR ANYTHING ELSE ON YOUR FOOT OR DO YOU JUST PUT ON YOUR FINS? ALSO WHAT FINS DO YOU GUYS USE WILL ANY KIND WORK? I AM A LOT CLOSER TO MY FIRST OUTING!! Very Happy

17Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Under my waders I wear socks and over my waders i wear water shoes to protect the neoprene booties while walking around. Fins tend to be a personal preference thing but I wear hot spot fins.

18Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 am

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I wear zip up dive booties over my stocking foot (neoprene) waders. I did follow several recommendations, and started wearing thin dress type socks under, and over my waders. This really makes it easier to put them on, and take them off. It especially helps with the dive booties.
I use Force Fins.
Mike

19Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:21 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So far, all the waders I've used, Froggs Togg Hellbender by far the superior one at the $100 mark. Free shipping, no tax, I'm 5"11", 175lbs, and fitting into a Medium perfectly. Plenty of bending, walking, jumping, wading, running, wild dance without the fear of rip. So comfy during the winter, it's not funny. Great during the summer, as long as the crotch area is submerged. Otherwise, be ready for a freaking sweat-fest.

20Reccomend any Waders? Empty Re: Reccomend any Waders? Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:41 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

ALRIGHT COOL GUYS THANKS A LOT PRETTY HELPFUL! I AM GOING TO HIT BASSPROSHOPS BECAUSE I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY WADERS YET BUT I FINALLY FOUND SOME ONE TO TAKE ME! THANKS AGAIN salute

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum