FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Live scope in your glasses
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lake Perris Island

+4
Fisher
dayhut
TheAsianGuy
Komori Jeff
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Lake Perris Island Empty Lake Perris Island Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Has any of the Perris regulars ever launched from the rocky point, just south of lots 11/12 and kicked across to the island?  This looks like a lot shorter way to get across the lake to the island than kicking from the launching ramp at lots 11 & 12.  I guess it depends on how far you have to walk and carry your stuff from the closest parking area, plus the area is all rocky, and probably hard to climb down to the water to put your 'tube in..  I'm just trying to find a shorter, quicker way to get to the north side of the island in a float tube. I'd love to come in from the east side somehow.

2Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:55 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes, many times. However, every time, you're risking your chance of getting bitten by a rattler (4 close instances) during these hot days, or slip-trip-fall-sprain your legs/ankles from the hidden moss patches or loose rocks carrying your gears (too many to count). Not a fun thing. I rather be safe and kick off the ramp or beach, although, it takes a few minutes more to get to where I'm going. It can be a tough thing on windy mornings and days, but I rather suffer muscle fatigues than broken body parts and venomous bites.

3Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I knew Leo would respond. (thanks bro) I guess if I use my "float tube cart" to take all my stuff from my parked truck down to the water's edge next to the rocky area, and then take it back up and lock it into my truck, that extra 100 foot area to kick across would not be a big deal.  If it took about 20-30 minutes to get across, then fish the end of the island for 3 to 4 hours, I ought to be able get get back before the winds pick up, which is usually around 12 or 1:00 PM. (Don't want to get halfway back and get a leg cramp!) And hopefully I'll have a limit of panfish by then-Ha!

4Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 pm

There are tons of Bluegill beds and Redear all over that rocky point , from 5 - 40ft off the bank and the pan fish are not shy about biting  ..  I hope to get out to perris this week , but work is not cooperating with me going on my 9th day straight ..

Hope that helps you a little , in case the wind is not working in your favor and its close to home Smile

WES

5Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey thanks Misfitdog! That's good to know. Are you from the IE?

6Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:33 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Tube cart, Jeff? What is this mysterious apparatus you speak of?
Got any pics?

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

7Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:41 am

Komori wrote:Hey thanks Misfitdog!  That's good to know.  Are you from the IE?

Indeed I am , I live 3 miles From lake Perris on the Moreno Beach Side , Been fishing there for Years

8Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:50 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jeff, kicking the extra distant is indeed a wiser approach. Leg cramps are truly a pain when you've reached your limits. Make sure to get some legs workouts regiment going. Make sure to have at least 1 day of full leg rests to recover before putting them to the stresses. Always bring with you a bottle of hydrating electrolyte fluid (Sportaid/Gatorade?) and 4 bananas. eat 2 roughly about 30 minutes before you hit the water, 1 after 2 hours of kicking, and 1 again after 1 hour of kicking. There's a unique method to that method to prevent cramping. I do a lot of cycling, roller blading, and endurance cardio. This is the only way to keep up with the lactic acid based cramping pains.

dayhut wrote:Tube cart, Jeff? What is this mysterious apparatus you speak of?
Got any pics?

David, Jeff has a very interesting design, that looks like a framed-wheel barrel system. I just incorporate mine directly into the base of my FC4, utilizing 2 wheels for stability, rather than 1.

9Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:59 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

"David, Jeff has a very interesting design, that looks like a framed-wheel barrel system. I just incorporate mine directly into the base of my FC4, utilizing 2 wheels for stability, rather than 1."

Got any pics, Leo?

10Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:40 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

David, this is my mod based on various contributed mods in this forum:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jeff's design is something like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nothing short of interesting designs at this site.

11Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:49 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Both look very promising. I confess to liking the two wheels best, as I am often often hiking it. Bigger wider dual wheels are my thing.
You guys impress the heck outta me.

12Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

get in at the police station launch ramp and kick to the island from there thats what i do

13Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher- That way is a much further way to get to the north side of the island! But now I'm thinking that maybe I'll just fish around the point south of lots 11/12. I've never concentrated on this area, so it might just be an ok spot. Plus I know of some sunken orange trees & roots in this area that has produced some nice crappie for us in the past..

14Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:03 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jeff, have you try kicking off from the beach, on either side of the rocky point, and go from there to the northern part of the island? I've done it a few time, and suffer a bit of a sandy experience between my toes, and slightly rough launching during slightly windy days, but it gets you to the productive sites a lot quicker. I have to specialized spots at the northwest and north-center of the island that I always go for in hunting those elusive carp, cats, gills, and following the crappie migratory patterns to study them a bit more. I wish I have a better fishfinder and an underwater cam to visually study them a bit more.

I found an unsual large amount of habitat migration patterns between the rocky shore point to the northeast area of the island during windy and hot days, along the buoy line. You might want to check for it this year. Plenty of apex hunters roam that migratory zone.

15Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:41 am

TheAsianGuy wrote: I wish I have a better fishfinder and an underwater cam to visually study them a bit more.

Let me know If you guys are looking at Underwater Cameras , I can get you some amazing deals on Go Pro , Even Sony Action Cameras (which I think is Better then the Go Pro) Its what I do Smile

Has anyone Been able to get out to Perris Recently ? Been so busy with work and Finally on a Day off , I just don't wanna head up to the Lake Today and deal with Drunks on the Water Wink

WES

16Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:23 am

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Let me know If you guys are looking at Underwater Cameras , I can get you some amazing deals on Go Pro , Even Sony Action Cameras (which I think is Better then the Go Pro) Its what I do Smile

Has anyone Been able to get out to Perris Recently  ?  Been so busy with work and Finally on a Day off  , I just don't wanna head up to the Lake Today and deal with Drunks on the Water Wink

WES[/quote]

Wes, about how much can you get the go-pro's for?

17Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Black Edition Hero 3 -- $149.99

Silver -- $99.99

18Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Misfitdog wrote:Black Edition Hero 3   --  $149.99

Silver  --  $99.99

insane.. will have to get a hold of you soon!! salute 

19Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Silver  --  $99.99

How do I go about getting my hands on one?

20Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:08 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:

Silver  --  $99.99

How do I go about getting my hands on one?
I want one too!

21Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:27 pm

jgarcia9785

jgarcia9785
FTFF Gathering Officer

Fished Perris this morning. 8 fish total, ranging from 1-5 lbs. Used a watermelon seed 6 inch lizard on a Texas rig and drop shot.

22Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:30 am

I will work on Go Pros and other action cameras accordingly , as this is my discount for selling the darn things Smile .. buying like 4 in a row may raise some eyebrows lol

WES

23Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:21 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Let me know. I would love to get the silver edition as well. $99!! INSANE!

24Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:46 am

Leo , PM sent

I will be Traveling a ton over the next 2 months making that money , But I will still check in here and there

WES

25Lake Perris Island Empty Re: Lake Perris Island Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:59 am

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Are you rigging a Go Pro to see deep water fish ?
Thanks
red1952ford

Misfitdog wrote:
TheAsianGuy wrote: I wish I have a better fishfinder and an underwater cam to visually study them a bit more.

Has anyone Been able to get out to Perris Recently  ?  Been so busy with work and Finally on a Day off  , I just don't wanna head up to the Lake Today and deal with Drunks on the Water Wink

WES

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum