» Dave Scadden Rampage Pontoon Boat to sell
by SP Dan Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 am

» Spotties at Huntington Harbor 8.18.19
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 pm

» LAH Wed After Work 8-21-2019
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm

» Anouncement for the 2nd Annual HUB Tournament in Oct
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 pm

» How many Women Float Tubers do we have here?
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

» FS: SevenBass Design Element Float Tube Package Deal!
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Share Your Photos & Videos » Conan's Floater with Canopy

Conan's Floater with Canopy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:32 am

Conanjhg

Conanjhg
New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Hi Everyone.
I'm a keen bass angler and have had my Explorer series float tube, for over three years now. I regularly browse the Internet for new ideas on improving my tube.
After Googling and looking at different pictures, I realised that I'm probably the only angler who has thought of creating a roof for my tube.
Here is a quick illustration of how to build it, and the three modification stages involved:
1) Just arm rest
2) Arm rest with rod holders
3) Arm rest, rod holders, and sun roof
I hope that this will inspire other tubers all over the world to get out of the harsh rays of the sun, while spending hours on end on the water, like myself here in hot South-Africa.

The construction cost very little and all material was purchased at a local hardware shop.
. PVC pipe (white)
. PVC Cement (glue)
. Velcro
. Tiny hole Shade Cloth

The Construction is completely stable and does not hamper my casting in any way. I have been using it for over a year and a half at every opportunity I get. Most parts can be dissassembled and will fit into your normal small sedan car, flat in the trunk.
Conan's Floater with Canopy 10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:17 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Nice job! That looks very well thought out

3Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:07 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
That is pimptastic! Great design work and looks like it works pretty dam well.

4Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:02 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Nice work bro welcome to the board I like your idea and I am sure you will start seeing more ideas like this. Thanks for sharing I will get you some info on posting pictures as soon as I can.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:28 am

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
That is one of the nicest pimped out tubes I have seen. I got to ask though....wind a problem? That water looks pretty glass smooth ;-)

6Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:35 am

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Very nice tube love the roof.

http://bassinthehood.com

7Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
looks bitchin is it hard to cast

8Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That is one of the nicest pimped out tubes I have seen.   I got to ask though....wind a problem?   That water looks pretty glass smooth  ;-)
The wind was my concern.  The lakes here in So Cal are notoriously windy in the afternoon  and that roof looks a lot like a sail!  Also with rods on both sides and a roof overhead, how do you cast???  Hooksets???

I love the arm rest idea.  I'm always smashing my tackle pockets.

9Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 am

Conanjhg

Conanjhg
New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Hi guys thanks for the positive feedback! Red Smile 
I do not know what the sail is called but I experimented with some different kinds, and this one does have small little holes in it to let the wind and air straight through.
So floating and tubing is really a breeze.
The Canopy is a little shorter than it looks so I can still pick the rod up all the way to 12 o clock, as your hands are always in front of you anyway, for straight casting and hook setting.
I side cast mostly and have NOOOO problemo, even with 4 rods on the float.
I started off with the arm rests as you know, your arms get tired after catching SOOO many fish, right??!! HAHAHA
Thanks guys for having me here and hope I inspired some off you with some more ideas
Tight Lines salute

10Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:33 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
This thing is BADass!!!

11Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:06 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Freaking awesome! Just not friendly for fly rodders.

12Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:17 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Pretty sweet.............for a guy like myself who has had skin cancer, might be a given. Great pics!

13Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:12 pm

sdbaybassn

sdbaybassn
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Too cool for school man.

14Conan's Floater with Canopy Empty Re: Conan's Floater with Canopy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:28 am

dexter419

dexter419
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Love the idea, but looks like a b!tch to get into...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum