by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:14 am

» Float Tubing waters with gators
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:42 am

» Big News Maxxon Pricing has changed.
by jeffcpr Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 pm

» Another Mod To My Cumberland
by Jerdon Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 pm

by SP Dan Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:00 pm

» FOCL Float Tube Derby Bass Tournament: Castaic Lake :)
by ronniek524 Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:32 pm

» My Braided Line Epic Failure
by OldMan Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

» Beginning of a budget tube
by 87tpita Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:22 pm

» LAB Sunday 9-15-2019
by SP Dan Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:12 pm

» Preferred Species
by OldMan Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 am

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube and Pontoon Tips, Tricks and Mods » Leg muscle workout for better stamina

Leg muscle workout for better stamina

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leg muscle workout for better stamina Empty Leg muscle workout for better stamina on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:58 pm

Komori

Komori
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Didn't know what section to post this question..  Is there anyone out there that knows human anatomy well, that can tell me what leg muscles are involved when we are kicking around in our float tubes, and what exercises should we do to help strengthen those muscles so we can go farther with less effort.  Also maybe this will help those of us that get those terrible "Charlie horse" leg cramps when we are trying to kick back to the launch area and we still have half a mile to go..

2Leg muscle workout for better stamina Empty Re: Leg muscle workout for better stamina on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:10 am

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Hey Komori I believe you use you quads and hamstrings mostly but you also use the muslces in your feet idk what all of them are as well as your calves and shin muscle to control your ankles and feet. As far was workouts go resistant bands would probably work well as well as weights so long as you essentially imitate the motions you use when kicking. Lastly, running with ankle weights helps to build both muscle in your legs but increase your stamina so it's two-for-one!

3Leg muscle workout for better stamina Empty Re: Leg muscle workout for better stamina on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:47 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
ride a bicycle too

4Leg muscle workout for better stamina Empty Re: Leg muscle workout for better stamina on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Just fish more period and that will fix your problem.

5Leg muscle workout for better stamina Empty Re: Leg muscle workout for better stamina on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Make sure you keep hydrated.  Sitting in a tube on the water with the sun beating down on you will de-hydrate you pretty fast.  I had cramping issues until a friend told me to drink a lot of water while tubing.  Since I started to keep hydrated, I haven't had those issues.
Both of the suggestions above will really help with endurance.  Put those together with hydrating, you will be fine.

http://www.mike-luther.com/

6Leg muscle workout for better stamina Empty Re: Leg muscle workout for better stamina on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
This is a cool topic we need to work on this and see if we can come up with a work program. I teach sports medicine i will see if i can find some extra info for us to use. Understand my education is in emergency medicine so my knowledge of sport medicine is small.  Embarassed still in the learning process, but lets see if i can find some info.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7Leg muscle workout for better stamina Empty Re: Leg muscle workout for better stamina on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Make sure you keep hydrated.  

All that hydration creates another problem that every tuber knows all too well; Potty Stops!

I load up on calcium the night before to prevent leg and foot cramps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum