FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo!

+5
Dano67
Vagabond
fever
smith's handpoured baits
jeffcpr
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Well, after much thinking and thinking and thinking if I wanted a Fish Cat 4 Deluxe, our Salt Gathering trip sure did help make up my mind. Also a phone call to my buddy Dano made the decision easy. Picked Danos brain about the goods and what he like about the Fish Cat 4 and decision made! After work today, I stopped by Bob Marriott's and pick up my new Fish Cat 4 Deluxe! I did get it in Red. I tube the salt more often than I do in the fresh and the RED stands out like crazy. I want to be scene in boat traffic areas! Now, to rig a new tube and figure out how to mount all my gear, sounder, HD cam once again! Fun Fun! Pics coming when I can get some rigged photos!

LC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:03 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nice work bro everyone is growing up so fast here Very Happy

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Omgosh so I couldn't wait... I'm un-boxing it now and filling her up! Christmas in April!

4My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:13 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

pretty new toy!!!

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

5My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

jeffcpr wrote:Nice work bro everyone is growing up so fast here Very Happy

Ya it was a no brainer for me yesterday. I was tubing with Dano, Madbasser and Monster and all 3 had this tube. Mad was in a ODC420. Even Dano commented how low I was sitting in my Caddis Navigator VI. When the boat wakes would come by, I was moving like significantly more then the others. Also, I was kicking my butt off and not moving near as fast through the water as Dano and Madbasser. So Fish Cat 4 here I am! Very Happy

6My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:31 pm

So I guess I will turn this into a mini review! Here are my impressions on the OutCast products so far, the Fish Cat 4 Deluxe! I opened the box and right away I noticed the material is way heavier and more durable than my Caddis. I proceeded to inflate the Fish Cat and it was cake! Out of the box with no messing with the bladders nothing. Just inflate and go! This is my first at really looking at a Fish Cat 4 Deluxe up close. I can already tell I am going to only have my legs in the water!! No more half my body as aqua drag! A warmer, drier and better ride! The tackle compartments are larger which is a bonus! The area behind the seat back is perfect for a small tackle organizer, life vest etc.

I inflated my baby and put a coat of water proof seal over the nylon mesh areas of the tube. This helps A LOT in UV protection and sheds water off like crazy! Makes it dry a lot faster after a rinse! The inflatable bladders are easy to inflate and looks like it will be a comfortable ride for my bottom side! So back to the material. The material is amazing! The bottom sides are thick and slick. I'm not afraid of landing toothy critters anymore! The size is nice and perfect! This Fish Cat is amazing! I can not wait to get her in the drink!

LC Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So when is it getting wet is the next question.

8My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 pm

jeffcpr wrote:So when is it getting wet is the next question.

I don;t know Jeff! When is the next gathering?? Wink

9My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice ride LC, I like the red Very Happy

10My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:15 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey LC, tell me more about what you sprayed it with, where do you get it from?

11My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice man, congrats. The delux costs a bit more but the inflatable seat and back rest are so much nicer than the foam blocks in the standard model. Such a pain to pull those out all the time to get them to dry.

12My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Dano67

Dano67

wait you pull yours out to dry? That seems like a lot of work. Very Happy

13My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:46 pm

fever wrote:Hey LC, tell me more about what you sprayed it with, where do you get it from?

Thanks Fever! I like the red too! Smile I use a water proofing spray I buy at Sport Chalet. It's in the camping department. It is used to spray of gear, clothing, tents, etc. You can either get the aerosol powered cans or manual spray bottles. Both are the same. I have been doing this on all my tubes. The vinyl areas shed the water and repel the water so much better. Like it never really soaks into the material. Just sits up on top. I inflate my tube, spray it on real good and let it dry in the sun for about an hour. Make sure you do not over inflate your tube to do the spraying as the sun will add more air pressure to the bladders. Thats all I do. Works awesome. The spray does not have to be any specific brand. Big 5, Sport Chalet, Dicks, all have them. Heck, it's available at Walmart too! Very Happy

14My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Vagabond wrote:Nice man, congrats. The delux costs a bit more but the inflatable seat and back rest are so much nicer than the foam blocks in the standard model. Such a pain to pull those out all the time to get them to dry.

Thanks and I am excited! I sat in the tube in my workshop and it sure is comfy with the inflatable seat and back! Smile

15My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Dano67

Dano67

I found the replacement inflatable seat and back, $110.00. Think I will just have to buy a new tube and sell mine.

16My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Dano67 wrote:I found the replacement inflatable seat and back, $110.00. Think I will just have to buy a new tube and sell mine.

Wow that is expensive! It's more cost effective to just sell your tube and buy a new one! Fish Cat's I bet will have a great re sale value!

Meet you at BPS tomorrow so you can buy your new Fish Cat! Razz

17My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:09 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice lc congrats
i want to how it float for you it looks really good and strong Thumbs Up
i like the seat its adjustable right man you are going to be cruising in that red convertable Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

18My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Congrats LC on the new ride!! The red is cool.
U will be amazed at how much of a differance the hight makes is casting and pitching. It makes it so much easier to pitch baits into hard to reach places.
The differance is night and day.

Also the V-design with the raised bow makes it super quick in the water. The drag is really minimized. And since u are out of the water u will be warmer in cold water.

Totaly a win-win. Super happy for u man and we all know u will put it to good use.

19My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:00 am

Dano67

Dano67

I know of a very little used blue FishCat 4 with a custom rod rack coming up for sale soon. Anyone interested?

20My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:15 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dano67 wrote:I know of a very little used blue FishCat 4 with a custom rod rack coming up for sale soon. Anyone interested?

And do you know of the price as of yet.

21My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:26 am

Dano67

Dano67

no not yet. Will keep you posted Smile

22My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:47 am

ed5000x wrote:nice lc congrats
i like the seat its adjustable right man you are going to be cruising in that red convertable Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Red convertable! That is awesome! That's what I'm going to name the tube. The Red Convertable! Thanks Ed! Now let's get another gathering soon and go fishing! I say we go to LAB!

23My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:51 am

Madbasser wrote:Congrats LC on the new ride!! The red is cool.
U will be amazed at how much of a differance the hight makes is casting and pitching. It makes it so much easier to pitch baits into hard to reach places.
The differance is night and day.

Also the V-design with the raised bow makes it super quick in the water. The drag is really minimized. And since u are out of the water u will be warmer in cold water.

Totaly a win-win. Super happy for u man and we all know u will put it to good use.

Thanks Mad! Thanks for all the words in the areas why I bought this tube! You and Dano share the shame thoughts about this tube. I am happy I finally picked one up. In NPH the other day, man fighting the wind and the current and the boat wakes in my pontoon caddis was like terrible. I was frustrated and with I just could not have a comfortable fishing day. It's about having a fun and good experience on the water. Can't wait to get her wet! Smile

24My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:52 am

Dano67 wrote:I know of a very little used blue FishCat 4 with a custom rod rack coming up for sale soon. Anyone interested?

If you wish to part it out, I will take your rod rack! Very Happy Man you have a nice rack!

25My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Empty Re: My New FISH CAT DELUXE! Woo Hoo! Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:17 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
ed5000x wrote:nice lc congrats

Red convertable! That is awesome! That's what I'm going to name the tube. The Red Convertable! Thanks Ed! Now let's get another gathering soon and go fishing! I say we go to LAB!

Too The Lab Batman! Oh Wait That Too The Batcave! Holy Crap My Bad Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum