The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» $5 buy in Jack Pot what are your thoughts
by TobyB Today at 1:56 pm

» Looking for INPUT to build a special E-Zine Issue (Buyers Guide).
by kin Today at 11:09 am

» Tube jig rig
by HugeEuge57 Yesterday at 10:37 am

» This is a bad day on the water
by TobyB Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:02 pm

» Rod Action what works best from the tube.
by jeffcpr Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:43 pm

» Lake Gregory Sale
by jeffcpr Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:17 pm

» Bartlett lake AZ
by HugeEuge57 Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:45 pm

» Long Sleeve FTFF Shirts
by jadejou Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 am

» Fished LAB last night
by SP Dan Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:22 am

» Progressive Web App (PWA)
by jeffcpr Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:40 pm

» LAB Saturday 1/11/20
by ed5000x Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 pm

» First Spinner Bait Bass
by ed5000x Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » New World Record Redear caught!

New World Record Redear caught!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New World Record Redear caught! Empty New World Record Redear caught! on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Komori

Komori
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Here's the new World Record Redear Sunfish from Lake Havasu, 5.80 lbs!  The previous record was 5.55 lbs and was also from Lake Havasu in May 2011.  I don't know who the guy is that caught it or what he was using, I'm sure we'll find out soon.  I'll bet he was bass fishing with a plastic worm.  Pretty impressive panfish at almost 6 pounds!  One of the only positive things about the Quagga Mussel invasion, those Redears love to eat them.  Pure protein!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:44 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

3New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
That thing is a beast

4New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:18 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Holy Toad!!

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

5New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:46 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
That hubcap is massive thanks for sharing.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:21 am

What a massive Panfish , Thanks for Sharing

7New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:54 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
That sucker is massive!!! DAYUM king 

8New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Monstrosity of a redear.

9New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
We're gonna need a bigger pan......

10New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:21 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Hey, Jeff - maybe you can hook one and get towed around the lake in your tube.
Might be worth the drive out there...

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

11New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Komori

Komori
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
David, I'm seriously trying to figure out a camping/float tubing trip to Havasu, just to fish for a big Red! Fisherman catch 2 to 3 pounders all the time there. One pounders are average!

12New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:42 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:David,  I'm seriously trying to figure out a camping/float tubing trip to Havasu, just to fish for a big Red!  Fisherman catch 2 to 3 pounders all the time there.  One pounders are average!
Are there campgrounds and public access? I heard something about limited access?.....

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

13New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Man I could just imagine the fight that Hubcap put up .. Redear go all out when they fight ! Btw was the fish released ? Doubt something that big would be eaten .

WES

14New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Komori

Komori
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
No Wes, the fish was kept to make a mold for a replica mount.  And yes, Redears do put up a really good fight!  The initial run that they make right after they are hooked is usually very strong. If you are using light tackle, they will make your spinning reel drag scream!  Large Bluegill will fight longer, but Redears are the real drag pullers.  This is one of the reasons I fish primarily for big Bluegill and Redears with ultralight tackle.  It's just so much fun!

15New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:45 am

@Komori wrote:No Wes, the fish was kept to make a mold for a replica mount.  And yes, Redears do put up a really good fight!  The initial run that they make right after they are hooked is usually very strong. If you are using light tackle, they will make your spinning reel drag scream!  Large Bluegill will fight longer, but Redears are the real drag pullers.  This is one of the reasons I fish primarily for big Bluegill and Redears with ultralight tackle.  It's just so much fun!

New World Record Redear caught! JessesbigRE

Oh I agree Redears are drag pullers and put up a heck of a fight. Why I always carry an ultralight rod with me and panfish gear as well . Shame they kept the redear for the mold I would have thought they could of took the Appropriate measurement needed for the mold . Aww well maybe thats not how it works .

WES

16New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:12 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We're gonna need a bigger pan......

lol! lol! lol!

17New World Record Redear caught! Empty Re: New World Record Redear caught! on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:16 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:David,  I'm seriously trying to figure out a camping/float tubing trip to Havasu, just to fish for a big Red!  Fisherman catch 2 to 3 pounders all the time there.  One pounders are average!

That camping idea sounds great!!! I would like to set up an outing like that. one whole day of tubing. Overnight camp and tube again!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum