» Dave Scadden Rampage Pontoon Boat to sell
by SP Dan Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 am

» Spotties at Huntington Harbor 8.18.19
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 pm

» LAH Wed After Work 8-21-2019
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm

» Anouncement for the 2nd Annual HUB Tournament in Oct
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 pm

» How many Women Float Tubers do we have here?
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

» FS: SevenBass Design Element Float Tube Package Deal!
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » New Member - Question

New Member - Question

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Member - Question Empty New Member - Question on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Hi! Well I finally took the leap and got a pontoon style float tube. I have been doin' a lot of research on how to set her up and such, and came across this site. You guys seem pretty cool and helpful so I decided to join. I originally grew up in Southern California, and have lived in Colorado for almost a decade now; love it. Here is a little more about myself from a webiste here that I contribute to. I also make short films about fishing. When I can post a link I will let yeah guys know...

The new love of my life is a Colorado XT. The only problem, is I am having a heck of a time with the valves. Here is the post I made on my other site, seeing if anybody here can solve the mystery:

"Well, I am slowly gettin' my pontoon together, and am starting to get frustrated using the valve that came with the boat. The valve style is a "Halkey Roberts valve". So, supposedly it has a setting that will allow air in, but not out. I have yet to figure this out.

When I turn it a quarter turn (clockwise) I get the valve up, and can fill it with air even though air is trying to escape. When "down", I can't pump it up?

The problem with this is that when you get it nice and firm, you have to QUICKLY close the valve, and even then it looses it's firmness that fast.

Any idea as to what I am doin' wrong. I have researched the sh*t out of this, and have not found much?"

2New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:17 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I am sorry I guess I should know but right now I am not sure about the valve you are talking about. I have a valve on an old tube some years back that sound similar to what you have. Might sound funny but I would pump it up full place my finger over the valve so I would not lose to much air. Then I would pucker up and blow at lest this way I have my fingers on the lock and when I had it full I could lock it off. That sound weird I know, I am sure someone else will have more info for you soon, but it worked for me, well good luck and welcome to the board.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Yeah, my buddy told me the same. It is really frustrating. It seems construction wise, that it is a great idea. I can bleed air out by pushing it down which will be great on hot days. Just wish it would fill up like it is supposed to.

Thanks! Seems like some serious anglers in here!

Anybody fish Lake Isabella? I miss that lake.

4New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Welcome to the boards. What type of pump are you using? I did a quick search and you are supposed to be using a special adaptor with your pump. Maybe this is the case?

5New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Nah, the company is nice enough to include the adapter and it's all locked in right.

6New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Welcome to the boards. What type of pump are you using? I did a quick search and you are supposed to be using a special adaptor with your pump. Maybe this is the case?

Oh, and I am using a foot bellows style. I am thinking about going with one of the electrical styles but my buddy says they don't work all that well.

7New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:41 pm

paledun

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Catman 1979, I work at the sportsman warehouse by the citadel mall. I am off until fri. but if you would like to bring it by fri. or sat. evening between 5:00pm and 9:00 pm I'm sure we can work out the issue.

8New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Catman 1979, I work at the sportsman warehouse by the citadel mall. I am off until fri. but if you would like to bring it by fri. or sat. evening between 5:00pm and 9:00 pm I'm sure we can work out the issue.

Oh, well that's where I got my foot bellows, so I blame you hahahaha!!! Thanks man! I am off until then as well, are you in on Saturday morning?

9New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:39 am

paledun

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Sorry I wont be there until Saturday after 5:00. But I will be there all day Sunday. I'm George and I work in the fishing Dept.

10New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:36 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
If you are on FX hit me up on my email.I work overnights and won't be able to get over there until Tuesday night...

11New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:01 am

paledun

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
sorry not a Fish Extorter member. And sorry to say that tue. and wed. are my days off. So I hope to see you soon to get you ready for ice off

12New Member - Question Empty Re: New Member - Question on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:47 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Ha! From the evil "other" site huh? Smile

Ready like a Freddy, got the valve figured out. If yeah ever want to drop a line I have Tuesday through Thursday off, and Friday up until 2PM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum