FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The first of 3 float tube derby's at Castaic is April 5th

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

You going Devil Dog? I can't make the April derby but will make the one in June.

Anyone else plan to fish in it?

sounds like fun , there a few other lakes having tubing derby's coming up

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yeah I'm going but I'll be in my boat weighing the fish this time instead of sitting on the shore entering the weights as their called in. I've helped out the last two three years, part of being a member of the friends of castaic lake.

On other news theres some fish that are land locked in the lagoon, they are planning on a saturday to let float tubers in there and catch the fish and help in getting them into the main body of water. When this comes about I'll post it

Devil Dog wrote:On other news theres some fish that are land locked in the lagoon, they are planning on a saturday to let float tubers in there and catch the fish and help in getting them into the main body of water. When this comes about I'll post it

Sounds good , they did something to that effect last week @ Perris they brought in the DFG and shocked over 70 fish in the Pond before the fish became locked in . as they draw the water down a bit each week .

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The ground is too soft to get a backhoe in there to dig out a trench, next best thing is getting tubers in there to get them out

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Devil Dog wrote:Yeah I'm going but I'll be in my boat weighing the fish this time instead of  sitting on the shore entering the weights as their called in. I've helped out the last two three years, part of being a member of the friends of castaic lake.

On other news theres some fish that are land locked in the lagoon, they are planning on a saturday to let float tubers in there and catch the fish and help in getting them into the main body of water. When this comes about I'll post it

Devil Dog that very cool that your helping out. Do you live up at castaic or the Santa Clarita area since your a member of friends of Castaic?

I just purchased my annual pass for Castaic and I'm looking to find local fellow FTFF members to fish with that live up in the area.

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No I live in "charming" aka Tujunga, its like 30 miles there from here but it's like 75 miles to irvine, guess which one I fish more? Yup Irvine LOL

9Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:09 am

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Devil Dog wrote:No I live in "charming" aka Tujunga, its like 30 miles there from here but it's like 75 miles to irvine, guess which one I fish more? Yup Irvine LOL

Tujunga is a nice town. Just on the other side of the mountain from SC.

Any time you want to meet up and tube the lagoon let me know. Myself and Yellowrock fish irvine occasionally as well as the harbors so if you ever want to join us you and I can carpool down.

10Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 am

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Here's the updated flyer with the current sponsors on it.  Notice Phenix rods is now sponsoring this event as well, first place will get one of their rods at each event.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

a young kid (mid teens) caught a 22.04 striper today at the derby, left my phone at home waiting for wife to send me the pics taken with her phone and camera.

12Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

KVD in the making! Awesome! Smile

13Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Devil Dog wrote:a young kid (mid teens) caught a 22.04 striper today at the derby, left my phone at home waiting for wife to send me the pics taken with her phone and camera.

Whoa.... Nice. I thought that the lagoon didn't hold any stripers. Can't wait to see the pictures.

14Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:56 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

awww I just saw this topic! I missed it! Sad

15Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey all I'm having a heck of a time with my desktop so if you happen to have me on facebook (like Jeff does) look at the pics there.

16Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Devil Dog wrote:Hey all I'm having a heck of a time with my desktop so if you happen to have me on facebook (like Jeff does) look at the pics there.

I hope Jeff will post the picture on the FTFF Facebook page

17Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Little late notice but the 2nd float tube derby is this saturday, we had some issues with water level and WINDS in April thus not allowing us to launch any boats, we had kayakers out there doing the best they could to get to the tubers to weigh in the fish.  I along with the tourny director (guess you can say I'm the asst director) went out last friday to check the water levels, get my boat tagged and we were able to launch it, we putzed around for about 2 1/2 hours seeing a dead turtle floating out there.  So with that said I will be out there again in my boat waiting for the tubers to blow the whistle to weigh in a fish, hope to see some of you out there.  By the way part of the first place winnings is a Phenix Rod not sure if it'll be the baitcaster or the spinning rod, up to the director as to which one he brings.

18Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yellowrock wrote:KVD in the making! Awesome! Smile

No there is a kid named Darin Manning that is doing really good out there, look for that name in the future, the kid is like 14/15? He talks the talk and walks the walk!

19Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:35 pm

JOER210

JOER210
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks for the info Devil Dog I hope to make the next derby

20Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Empty Re: Castaic lagoon bass float tube derby's Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Cool if you make it just look for the boat that has Marine Corps stickes on the consol and on the back lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum