Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Freshwater Fishing tips and tricks » Not a good day fishing

Not a good day fishing

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not a good day fishing Empty Not a good day fishing on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:02 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The wife got her large Rattle trap stuck on a piece of concrete and called me over.
I nudged it loose, reeled it in and cast out. Man did that baby fly, caught me off guard actually a little bit of a head turner. I'm thinkin' man look at that thing go... wtf is that? Half the effing pole is gone!
Ok, lets wrangle that piece back in here some how. It's only a couple weeks old and I didn't remember until my daughter pointed out the shaft didn't come apart like a two piece. It had actually split.
Ever try to catch half of a fishing pole bobbing in the water?
It's not easy. I tied on the biggest topwater I have and the hooks just slid right on past. Brushed up against it and laughed while I reeled it back in.

I can say that I have never seen that happen before, ever.
Pinnacle Pro Series... f-you. Love the reel, screw the pole.
Ok, I'm lying. I loved that pole, we were made for each other. I found a perfect rhythm with this combo while she was reading and knitting between fishing. I was liking it better than my good stuff until it went flying into the abyss.

That was after 4 hours of bad luck with a 12 year old neighbor that has never been fishing and has zero discipline. After 20 casts this girl was still landing on top of her own head or between her toes.
I have probably taught maybe 50 people how to cast in my lifetime and I have never seen anything like this.
I have a new respect for people who volunteer for this torture.
Whole trip 15 minutes down the road probably cost me 50 bucks in tackle alone. I have maybe 10 stories I could tell just from today that would have you scratching your head. The wife stepped in, level headed as she is and tied on some of those lead head jigs you get with a new Shakespear rig from Wallmart that my kid had tucked away because they are PRETTY. lol
By 5:00 I, me, I, wanted to go home. Get me the hell out of here!

Our catch... my daughter got a little Bass and some jabloke 20 yards away pulled up 3 really nice cats. Easier to do if someone isn't crossing all four of you families lines at the same time and reeling and pulling as hard as they can because they think they got their first fish! lol

2Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Dam that sounds like a rough day buddy so rough I am feeling better about my skunk strip today. So sorry about the rod and about the day you will get them next time.... pale if there is a next time  lol! 

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Sorry to hear that, but good on you for teaching a kid!

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:54 pm

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
"A bad day fishing beats a good day at work"

5Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:45 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Done it many times, and save for one kiddo that has fishing blood in her, it's a nightmare! At least you took a kiddo fishing, may be a future angler right there!!

6Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:57 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
the3hermanos wrote:"A bad day fishing beats a good day at work"
X2

7Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:28 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
the3hermanos wrote:"A bad day fishing beats a good day at work"

In dlobo's case, I think he wished he was at work.  lol!

Sorry about your rough day brother.

8Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:13 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I'm telling you that I was walking around and saying that little saying over and over to myself.
I looked at my wife and said... you guessed it. I'd rather be at work.

Man this little girl really wanted to keep going and my 10 year old daughter is so nice that she kept giving her real tackle and lures. I thought I was going to cry.
Cha-ching, five minutes later cha-ching, 1 minute later cha-ching.
I think this girl is just hitting puberty so she has that, ya ya ya, I got it attitude. Can't barely finish a sentence. Not snobby just weird.
Tell ya what, start them young, real young.
All four of my kids, 8-girl, 10-girl, 21-girl, 26-boy <<(Biggest freshwater catch in the family at Lake Dixon) had a pole in their hand as soon as they learned to walk. Man has that paid off.

Sorry to hear you got the skunk Jeff. Well not really .lol

9Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:07 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Update: I'm not a big return guy, I think I have returned something twice in my entire life. It's been bugging the hell out of me since I bought that rod and reel combo for my wife. Took the rod back with no receipt and got a replacement rod. They even let me swap out the reel and not take the whole package setup which mattered to me because I had the reel it dialed in for her and spooled up already.
You can talk S**t all you want about Wallmart but the customer service seems to be pretty good.
Yes, I shop at Wallmart. That's where us poor folks go and a $65.00 setup was a big purchase for us.

10Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:46 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Update: I'm not a big return guy, I think I have returned something twice in my entire life. It's been bugging the hell out of me since I bought that rod and reel combo for my wife. Took the rod back with no receipt and got a replacement rod. They even let me swap out the reel and not take the whole package setup which mattered to me because I had the reel it dialed in for her and spooled up already.
You can talk S**t all you want about Wallmart but the customer service seems to be pretty good.
Yes, I shop at Wallmart. That's where us poor folks go and a $65.00 setup was a big purchase for us.
walmart rips, they have a pretty good bait selection!

11Not a good day fishing Empty Re: Not a good day fishing on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Walmart and Big-5 are the only places we ever buy gear!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum