FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Today at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Today at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Today at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chollas Park for the kids (untill noon)

+3
Madbasser
smith's handpoured baits
ed5000x
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chollas Park for the kids (untill noon) Empty Chollas Park for the kids (untill noon) Mon May 02, 2011 10:42 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

(San Diego) –May 14

MEET ME AT THE LAKE is a unique half-day festival-style FREE youth fishing event open to the public and held at various local city lakes throughout the year. This powerful outreach program caters to urban kids and their families who may not otherwise have access to viable fishing opportunities. The Daniel Hernandez Youth Foundation provides a large team of volunteers who work tirelessly to prepare, plan and operate each event to ensure that all participants have a fun, memorable and safe day of fishing.

Meet Me at the Lake events are successful because:

1.Catfish or trout are purchased and pre-stocked by the foundation in the park waters a day in advance of each event to ensure the greatest chance of catching a fish.

2.Rods and reels, hooks, line, and sinkers are available for FREE on a “loaner” basis for each child participant who doesn’t have their own equipment.

3.A wide variety of effective baits and tips on how to use them are provided FREE of charge.

4.Numerous volunteer anglers are on site and mingle with the kids to offer fishing tips, outdoor education, moral support, positive role modeling and encouragement.

5.Volunteers prepare and serve a FREE lunch provided to all participants and their families.

6.Rare experiential opportunities are provided FREE of charge for the kids such as hands-on nature exhibits and police and fire equipment demonstrations.

7.Generous sponsors provide fishing gear and other great prizes that allow each event to end with FREE raffle for the kids.
Typically, more than 250 youths and their families participate at each Meet Me at the Lake event. For the majority of these kids, it is their first experience fishing. The face of a child who has just caught their first fish is unforgettable. The heartfelt gratitude of the parents, many with limited resources, is very rewarding. The chance to offer their child a outdoor experience, that just might change their life, is priceless.

Other meaningful activities are provided such as the Aquarium of the Pacific’s Traveling Sea Habitat where youths can see and touch live marine animals and learn about personal environmental responsibility. Local Fire and Police Departments provide firefighters, police officers, vehicles and equipment to interact with youths and give the kids a kindly perspective on authority. Various other activity booths offer kids the chance to practice their casting, knot tying, and learn more about our local waters and the animals that live there.

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

WOW!!!
how fun & wonderful!
always great to hear of people getting our young folks " HOOKED " on something besides drug!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Amen to that SHPB's.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Very cool indeed

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

sign me up! I want to help.

http://bassinthehood.com

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

CPT Kirk wrote:sign me up! I want to help.

hey kirk i usally go to the local one and take the kids i am not sure if i am going to san diego but if i go i will let you know and we can take some kids down there its a blast i never seen them so far but i go to at least 3-4 a year plus this last friday is the over night moon light fishing at santa fe dam i got a few people going so i am the host got to be there for sure on thre 27th of this month Thumbs Up

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

smith's handpoured baits wrote:WOW!!!
how fun & wonderful!
always great to hear of people getting our young folks " HOOKED " on something besides drug!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I would equate fishing to heroin addiction. Just saying. LOL!! lol!

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ya man i some times find my self jonsen for a fish. i can just see it now "some kid walks up to waxon at one of these things all shakey and runny nose asking for some "fish man you got any" hahaha that would be cool.... hahahahahah clown just clowen

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

BASSGEEK wrote:ya man i some times find my self jonsen for a fish. i can just see it now "some kid walks up to waxon at one of these things all shakey and runny nose asking for some "fish man you got any" hahaha that would be cool.... hahahahahah clown just clowen

"Ya kid...the first one is free...but after that you come see me I'll keep ya in the fish" ha! Better sow some pockets in my trench coat.

Twisted Evil What a Face Shocked

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

waxon67 wrote:
BASSGEEK wrote:ya man i some times find my self jonsen for a fish. i can just see it now "some kid walks up to waxon at one of these things all shakey and runny nose asking for some "fish man you got any" hahaha that would be cool.... hahahahahah clown just clowen

"Ya kid...the first one is free...but after that you come see me I'll keep ya in the fish" ha! Better sow some pockets in my trench coat.

ICE PACKS!
don't forget the ice packs!
the cops wouldn't have a hard time findeing the "fish pusher"
"car 54 just roll down the window. you will know when you find him"
PEHEW!!
silent

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

smith's handpoured baits wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

ICE PACKS!
don't forget the ice packs!
the cops wouldn't have a hard time findeing the "fish pusher"
"car 54 just roll down the window. you will know when you find him"
PEHEW!!
silent

Eeeeeeew! The imagery...the smellagery!! Too funny!! Oh and the flies!! Hey I'de be a walking bait wagon. Not that I'm not already!! pig

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

something smells fish lol Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum