Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Using kayak oars for float tube

Using kayak oars for float tube

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Using kayak oars for float tube on Sun May 22, 2011 3:40 am

jtderr

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I read on the net that you can use the oars like are used for kayaking with a float tube.Do any of you have any experience with using them?

2Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Sun May 22, 2011 8:08 am

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
i think thats a "poontoon". never seen anyone use it with a uboat or poontoon float tube. Dano and LC may have seen that.

3Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I have never seen this before I believe it is for a pontoon boat also. But there if there is a will there is a way.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Sun May 22, 2011 8:40 am

Dano67

Dano67
BG is correct, would be tough on a float! Bigger flippers is the answer!

5Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Sun May 22, 2011 9:18 am

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I've seen it done at Irvine Lake. They are usually not used till you hit Pontoon Boat size but if you have a float tube that sits you high enough out of the water and is stream line enough and you buy the longest kayak paddle you can find which I believe is about 240cm it kind of works. The paddle moves you along and your fins now are used to guide you in the direction you want to go... honetsly it seems like more work than it's worth just go buy a dive scooter like Ed has.

6Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 am

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
"poontoon" i didn't find spell check! pontoon.... hahahaha

7Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Sun May 22, 2011 1:06 pm

jtderr

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Ok thanks I had my doubts but wanted to ask for sure

8Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Sun May 22, 2011 8:31 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Well this is what i got cause i is layz

I use it to go from one side of the lake or harbor to another but then i kick when i am fishing . It is just tied to a d ring so it dont float away. And i can tow a person with no problem is actually help me travel straighter it like when you add a tail to a kite
Ed

9Using kayak oars for float tube Empty float tubes with paddles/oars on Mon May 23, 2011 2:26 pm

ODCtuber

ODCtuber
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
**Not trying to hijack the thread, but wanted to show there are some with built-in oars and then some out there.**

I don't read Japanese and have searched all over but cannot find them in the U.S.

There are more of a selection in the floater section even some with trolling motor mounts

10Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Mon May 23, 2011 3:31 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
i use yak ores with some success in my round tub but its a pain in the A.. but i am getting a t.u. pontoon style tube and will let you all know

11Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Mon May 23, 2011 5:35 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:**Not trying to hijack the thread, but wanted to show there are some with built-in oars and then some out there.**

I don't read Japanese and have searched all over but cannot find them in the U.S.

There are more of a selection in the floater section even some with trolling motor mounts

Thanks buddy that is great wish I read Japanese as well but none the less very interesting indeed.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Mon May 23, 2011 5:59 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
i contacted them for their English catalog i know they have one. might not have it right now because of the disaster that happened.

13Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube on Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 pm

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
the disater is all over the news crazy tornado!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum