FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Using kayak oars for float tube

+7
ODCtuber
ed5000x
Vagabond
Dano67
jeffcpr
BASSGEEK
jtderr
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Using kayak oars for float tube Sun May 22, 2011 3:40 am

jtderr

FTFF Gathering Officer

I read on the net that you can use the oars like are used for kayaking with a float tube.Do any of you have any experience with using them?

2Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Sun May 22, 2011 8:08 am

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i think thats a "poontoon". never seen anyone use it with a uboat or poontoon float tube. Dano and LC may have seen that.

3Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have never seen this before I believe it is for a pontoon boat also. But there if there is a will there is a way.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Sun May 22, 2011 8:40 am

Dano67

Dano67

BG is correct, would be tough on a float! Bigger flippers is the answer!

5Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Sun May 22, 2011 9:18 am

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've seen it done at Irvine Lake. They are usually not used till you hit Pontoon Boat size but if you have a float tube that sits you high enough out of the water and is stream line enough and you buy the longest kayak paddle you can find which I believe is about 240cm it kind of works. The paddle moves you along and your fins now are used to guide you in the direction you want to go... honetsly it seems like more work than it's worth just go buy a dive scooter like Ed has.

6Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 am

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

"poontoon" i didn't find spell check! pontoon.... hahahaha

7Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Sun May 22, 2011 1:06 pm

jtderr

FTFF Gathering Officer

Ok thanks I had my doubts but wanted to ask for sure

8Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Sun May 22, 2011 8:31 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well this is what i got cause i is layz

I use it to go from one side of the lake or harbor to another but then i kick when i am fishing . It is just tied to a d ring so it dont float away. And i can tow a person with no problem is actually help me travel straighter it like when you add a tail to a kite
Ed

9Using kayak oars for float tube Empty float tubes with paddles/oars Mon May 23, 2011 2:26 pm

ODCtuber

ODCtuber
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

**Not trying to hijack the thread, but wanted to show there are some with built-in oars and then some out there.**

I don't read Japanese and have searched all over but cannot find them in the U.S.

There are more of a selection in the floater section even some with trolling motor mounts

10Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Mon May 23, 2011 3:31 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i use yak ores with some success in my round tub but its a pain in the A.. but i am getting a t.u. pontoon style tube and will let you all know

11Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Mon May 23, 2011 5:35 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

ODCtuber wrote:**Not trying to hijack the thread, but wanted to show there are some with built-in oars and then some out there.**

I don't read Japanese and have searched all over but cannot find them in the U.S.

There are more of a selection in the floater section even some with trolling motor mounts

Thanks buddy that is great wish I read Japanese as well but none the less very interesting indeed.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Mon May 23, 2011 5:59 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i contacted them for their English catalog i know they have one. might not have it right now because of the disaster that happened.

13Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 pm

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

the disater is all over the news crazy tornado!

14Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:24 pm

NulodPBall

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Well this is what i got cause i is layz

I use it to go from one side of the lake or harbor to another but then i kick when i am fishing . It is just tied to a d ring so it dont float away. And i can tow a person with no problem is actually help me travel straighter it like when you add a tail to a kite
Ed

Hello,
Can you describe or post a picture of how you use this?

15Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:10 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I don’t believe it’s a very good idea to use oars with a float tube.
Good luck to you whatever you say to do.

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

16Using kayak oars for float tube Empty Re: Using kayak oars for float tube Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:19 am

Dannicus

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Although I have never tried kayak paddles, my float tube came with oars. It is a hybrid tube designed to be used by either kicking and/or oars. To be honest, I took them off and don't use them. They worked fine until I put my storage bags, fish finder, hod holders etc... on the tube. These additions even on a tube designed for oars made them impractical so I can't imagine how a fisherman would make use of kayak oars? Of course I could be wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum