Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Float Tubes, Pontoons, and Equipment Reviews » Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO

Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:38 pm

stuartr

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I just thought I would pass this along to you guys on here. I have a Creek Company Round Boat float tube that this summer the fabric on the cover split it isn't a tear. I contacted Creek Comp via email and had to send pics 3 times before they would respond to me. Then finally a guy named Chris sends me a email back saying it isn't a defect. The pic shows that the material is separating and hasn't been snagged. I called this morning and as soon as I got on the phone he began to yell at me and tell me that he can't replace a product that has been left in the sun for 20 yrs. I told him it is only used 4 or 5 times a summer and is stored under my house far away from being in the sun. He them proceeded to call me an ***hole. I asked to speak to the owner and he told me he was the boss and he was the only D**n one I could speak to. I think this is REALLY poor customer service and I for one will NEVER buy another product from them. I just wanted to pass this along so that you guys won't spend your hard earned money with this trash company. I should have known what it would be when they ignored my 1st and 2nd email. So now with this said anyone know a good brand of tube to replace this piece of junk with?

2Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:49 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Welcome aboard stuartr.

Sorry you get to start off on a negative note.
I had the exact opposite experience with Classic Accessories Cumberland.
I bought it through Cover Bonanza and got a discount by being a member on this board.
I had stitching come undone on the end of my Cumberland. I emailed them a pic, they got back to me by email the next day with a number to call. The kind lady walked me thru the online form and 2 days later emailed me a confirmation that my claim was good. And they had already sent a replacement.
5 days from contact and I had a brand new tube.
So yea, I like them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:03 pm

stuartr

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Thanks for having me Jerdon. I promised the guy at Creek Comp that I was going to put this on a bunch of fishing forums and I saw this one was for float tubers. I thought where better to put this to let anyone know not to buy their junk. I Just don't want to see anyone get ripped off. Their customer service is terrible and I won't stand for it. I will however look at the classic boats. I will be needing a new one and don't want to put out a ton of cash. I only use it maybe 4-5 times a summer.

4Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:30 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Stuartr you cannot go wrong with the Cumberland from Classic Accessories. As for Creek Company I cannot say either way if the have good or bad customer service. I have used there ODC 420 and it is a good product, but the Cumberland is far better. I have spoke with Chris a few times and never had any issues with him, but I have no experience beyond just the few time I had spoken to him. They are a sponsor on our forum, but have never really contributed to our forum. Maybe it is time to rethink our arrangement.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:18 am

Creek Company -- Stitching is known to come apart on there tubes , it is well documented online with complaints , including myself  .. I will say they stitched me back up charged me to ship the tube back and forth (lost my tube for a month) and in less then a week on the water the stitching came apart on a different pocket   Shocked   , Now My ODC 420 sits in the garage ...  and i could not be happier with my new Deluxe Fat Cat from Outcast .. wished i grabbed the super fat cat though Smile

I will not recommend a Creek Company product to anyone , i am sorry there Customer Service was good at first , but they became very rude and it was my fault the pocket fell apart , yup i had 1 plano 3600 box in the pocket and a pair of plier's Evil or Very Mad

But as others have said  Classic Accessories is great with customer Service and they have a good tube with the Cumberland  .... why they are so popular

6Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:30 pm

stuartr

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Well I found some new info and it seems that the Chris clown that cussed at me on the phone is the President of the company or just a coincidence that his name is Chris too. Here is the info someone sent to me.
Contact name:
Chris Timmerman

Contact title:
President

So I guess it is a dead deal. So beware any purchases from this fool and his company. It isn't the fact of not getting the tube fixed now. I just don't care to be called a a**hole on the phone by a business.

7Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:33 pm

stuartr

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Thanks Misfit. Glad I am not the only one that experienced the rudeness from this company. Sorry you had a bum experience and I will be looking at Classic.

8Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:06 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Thanks Misfit. Glad I am not the only one that experienced the rudeness from this company. Sorry you had a bum experience and I will be looking at Classic.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Cumberland if you liked the Belly Boat style.

The Cumberland comes with a ONE YEAR warranty as opposed to a lifetime. That said, they aren't advertising something they will not back up.

I hope this helps.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

9Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:20 pm

stuartr

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
My last sounded a little wrong. I didn't mean I was glad you had a bad experience. Just glad to hear it wasn't just me and my charming personality that he went off on!

10Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:21 pm

stuartr

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
BTW I saw at walmart this evening they had a classic tube for 78 bones can't remember the model name. Anyone familiar with this one?

Lookedit up it is a Teton? Is it worth the $$$?

11Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:49 pm

hombre_jaguar

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Sorry about your bad experience, I hate how that feels. Just my 2 pennies: I bought a used fish cat 4. The og blue one with foam seat and couldn't be happier. Both origonal air cells popped a year apart, after I over inflated them, my fault. When I called they answered the phone right away and in five minutes they took my address and shipped me a new air cell next day, only cause I called later in the day. Free shipping and it arrived in a few days. I would highly recommend these guys. Also they researched and upgraded the air cells with slightly larger ones that won't pop.

12Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:11 pm

filippodg

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
+1 for Cumberland from Classic Accessories. Great tube and AWESOME customer service! Smile

13Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO Empty Re: Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO on Sat May 14, 2016 11:09 am

salinefly

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I couldn't be any more unhappy with a company ... I have dealt with their customer support thugs twice and the second time they literally ended up telling me to shop with outcast instead of replacing their faulty bladder on my ODC 420 tube. The first time I dealt with them pictures were not good enough and I had to send a cut out of the damaged seam section from the bladder via certified mail ... Tracking showed it as delivered but the support guy said they didn't have it and it took 7 weeks to finally get a replacement bladder ... After the same exact seam blow out happened a second time and they gave me the run around I decided to take the guys advice and get an outcast tube. I recommended creek company to a friend and he has since bought 3 of their boats ... The old ODC the new one with smart valves and a pontoon boat ... He told me all 3 have had mystery leaks and have needed support .. Somehow he has no complaints about support from them but personally if I had 3 products from a company and all 3 had failures I wouldn't be purchasing more of those products. I can't stress enough how lame creek company is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum