Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » FTFF Tackle Shop-Classifieds, Fishing Shows » Local & On-line Sales and Fishing Shows » Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet

Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Everything you need to stock up your boat....Great Prices!

June 5th Sunday ONLY!

Kayak GEAR...Thule, Yakima, Cobra Kayaks!, Malibu Kayaks, Hobie...

Scuba gear -- STEEL tanks

Fishing stuff....

Ok Minney's is located in Costa Mesa at the end of the 55 South a little past Grant Boy's on the left hand side. You can't miss it because there will be about 2 blocks of people selling fishing and boating stuff like a big yard/garage sale.

They do this once a year and I have gone 3 years in a row and never been disappointed. I've gotten rods, reels, tackle, lures, pelican cases, tools, camping stuff, kayaking stuff, marine coolers and other crazy useful stuff. I've also seen for sale there inflatable boats, float tubes, pontoon boats, kayaks and canoes.

My advice if you go...They usually start around 6AM but I get there before sun up while people are still setting up to score the best deals or get the good stuff before it's gone. I usually bring a small hand cart with a crate or canvas bag to carry stuff because you never know what or how much stuff you might buy and a trip back to the car to unload is precious time wasted! If you are unsure about buying something don't think you can come back to it later because it will be gone you have to make a decision on the spot, flip a coin call a life line negotiate a better price but decide then. If you can't get there the first 2 hours then don't bother going because there won't be anything left.

And if you see me there and I don't say hi or you say hi and I just wave back and run don't be offended, when I go to these things I am focused, looking for certain things, looking for deals and cracked out on caffine. I'd not even notice my own mother standing there yelling at me.

2Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:43 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Always good info Vagabond, thanks for the heads up.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:43 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Cool, any lure making stuff usually? Like lead melters and jig molds and stuff?

4Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Dano67

Dano67
If you find a Curado 300e7 for $100.00 can you pick it up for me? Please!!

5Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Madbasser: Yes actually I bought a couple of my led molds there 2 years ago and a friend bought some hooks, fur and thread for making jigs. Most people that go are fishermen so stuff like you are looking for will sell fast.

Dano67: Sorry bud nothing personal but I no longer pick up stuff for people, I used to do it at these sales and the gun show but just got burned too many times trying to get my money back or people saying well it's kind of what I wanted but I wanted one in better shape.

6Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:38 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I am going to tring to go but no promises

7Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I am going to tring to go but no promises

Cool hope to see you Sat and Sun then, and bring the kids Sunday they can carry things for you Very Happy

8Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:45 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I am going to tring to go but no promises

Cool hope to see you Sat and Sun then, and bring the kids Sunday they can carry things for you Very Happy

I like the way you think Thumbs Up

9Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Dano67

Dano67
Sorry, Sad I was joking.

10Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:32 am

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sorry, Sad I was joking.

No worries Thumbs Up

11Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Not sure if any of you guys made it but me and my dad got there at 5AM and were running around with flashlights to look at everything but it paid off. Pops bought a bunch of tools for work, he ended up walking the place back and fourth about 4 times.
I ran into a bunch of people that I only see at these events wich was cool. I ended up buying a couple rods to replace the ones I broke this weekend, a bunch of new Pelican brand flashlights, a Mercury trolling motor for the yak or pontoon boat, 10 pound kayak anchor, 2 vintage stag handle hunting knives, a beefy fighing belt for mudmarlin, and a few scotty fishing acessories. Everything I only spent about $80.

If you needed big salt water tackle it was a good sale, had alot of rods and reels for that.

12Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
sounds like a productive day! Thumbs Up

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

13Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:12 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Dam i forgot all about that and i was going to take the family i got up at 10 am and i didnt even remember until 6pm i wish i coul;d have made it Crying or Very sad

14Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
hehe I should have sent out wake up texts! don't worry bud they have swapmeets like this a few times a year. Next up is that one you posted about, we should hit it then fish somewhere out there maybe. Then coming up is another one at Peter's Landing off PCH I think.

15Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet Empty Re: Minney's Yatch Surplus Swapmeet on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
sound good i want top check sound thing like that out never been to a swapmeet were there only fishing and boat stuff

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum