FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team Freshwater strategy thread

+5
Misfitdog
jeffcpr
Jerdon
Urban Cowboy
bigfish
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Got geared up yesterday and my buddy just let me borrow his bait caster. I'm taking three rods to Puddingstone for some lone wolf action. Anybody fish there? I know Jeff has. Maybe y'all know some hot spots? Maiden voyage for that body of water.

http://dfiinsurance.com/

52Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Wed May 25, 2016 7:01 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Wish I could be of help but I have not fished there in some time buddy.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

53Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Wed May 25, 2016 9:08 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It's hard to say since very few of us fish that lake. On foot, I fished the east shore and did well, but from a tube, I fished the cove for some mix success. A lot of people finesse the lake with drop shots or an ika. I've caught my tube fish on senkos pitching to small pieces of visible structure. The lake does receive some decent bass fishing pressure and it is a known lake for power boating. However, don't be afraid to power fish it too. I've had great success fishing rat l traps and spinnerbaits burned through flats with boulders. Also, did well fishing small stick baits as well in the same areas.

I don't know how far you can venture in the lake though. I've never personally tried to kick around outside of the cove, but I've heard some people say you can only fish in the area marked sailboat cove...while others told me you can fish all the way to the other launch next to the dam. On both sides of the dam there are some great structure. On the south side, there is an island that used to be a picnic area. Always looked promising from the road, never fished it on foot since there is no fishing from shore there. Next to the north side of the dam, there is this huge patch of trees not too far away from the launch. People have told me stories of the pigs they see in there but are unable to effectively target due to all the stuff in the water. Would be a good idea to ask to see where you can actually go before having the lake patrol hassle you (they're known to be pretty strict).

Best place to look for good info is by searching here. Fishingallday? Was his handle and he gave very detailed reports on the areas he fished. Good luck out there and remember to have your pfd.

54Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Wed May 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Now that is some great info! Thank you so much. Just stocked up on Senkos and I'm also gonna try some Berkley Havoc "Thin Dawgs", as well as some crank baits lipless and lipped. We will see what the bass want Saturday. On the Fishbrain app, people have been absolutely killing it at Puddingstone. I'm seeing two or three 4 pounders daily. It's why I want to check this lake out so badly. The Perris bite has been picking up nicely too according to the app and what I've seen on here, but Puddingstone is out of control right now. I shall do my best to help slay the salty dogs!

55Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Wed May 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Berkley havoc "flat dawgs" I meant to say.

56Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 3:47 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have no doubt you'll do well Urban Cowboy. Just get out there and throw what you know. Team Freshwater is gonna take it all home!

57Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 5:26 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Because we're not the only one's waiting for tournament day!

58Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 1:18 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Still waiting on one contact for Team Freshwater.

If your still thinking you'd like to join the team you need to sign up! It's never too late. The last alternate isn't an alternate anymore. Just do it!!!

Ruling clarification: Artificial lures only in the tournament---no live bait.

Don't forget to click those pics. If I get enough I can make a nice album to record the event. So come on guys, use up that digital space and click! Click! Click!

Be prepared. Some things to consider:

Hydration (water, Gatorade or whatever wets your whistle)

Food (sandwiches, snacks, power bars or even donuts)

Rain gear

First aid kit

Spare rod/reel

Smart Phone (camera)(clear lots of space for all those fish pics)

Back-up battery for phone

Permanent marker (so that you can write/display code)

Patch kit

Emergency Whistle

Dang! Is it tournament time yet?

59Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Last Video For you all , Catch a Giant  !   or how about 2 in 1 cast ....

Last edited by Misfitdog on Thu May 26, 2016 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

60Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Question, what time can we expect the code..........GT

61Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 6:39 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sooooo...still need an alt?

62Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 6:56 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

kin wrote:Sooooo...still need an alt?

Why, as a matter of fact we do! Shall I consider you an official Team Freshwater 1st Alternate?

63Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 8:44 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeap...I got a hall pass!

64Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 8:56 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

kin wrote:Yeap...I got a hall pass!

Very cool! PM me contact info and where you are going to fish.

65Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the team kin!

66Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks BigFish and welcome to the winning team Kin!

67Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 9:26 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Pm sent

68Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Wes with his daily videos is keeping the morale high.
How many of those do you watch a day?

69Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 10:05 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard freshwater....Kin

U going to float the cumbie?.....GT

70Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard freshwater....Kin

U going to float the cumbie?.....GT

71Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Thu May 26, 2016 10:31 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes sir, need to see how it acts in the fresh!

72Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Fri May 27, 2016 4:41 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Morning Coffee

So, here we are...the day before tournament time! I'm glad everyone is as stoked as I am for the Tournament. I've tripled checked everything and polished all my lures. It's time to get on the water and slay some Bass!

I'll be leaving the house at about 5 a.m. tomorrow. I will send the code to everyone at that time. That will be 3 a.m. for Ca. Once I'm set up on the water I will have at least a half hour or more sipping coffee and waiting for Tournament start time.

I get good cell service on the water. So if there are any problems or questions don't hesitate to contact me.

I am going to send everyone a text message late this afternoon. This will be a test message. I will need you to respond so I know that your number is good and you're still on for the tournament.

We have a great lineup this year. I feel confident we are going to have a killer showing. As it stands we are fishing three waterways; Perris, Puddingstone and The Pit Pond. This is our lineup so far:

Bigfish contact info (Pit Pond)

Fishin'fatty contact info (Perris)

FishOn contact info (Perris)

GT contact info (Perris)

Jaded contact info (Pit Pond)

Jerdon contact info (Perris)

Misfitdog contact info (Perris)

Muffin 5150 contact info (Pit Pond)

Spartagus64 no contact info

Urban Cowboy contact info (Puddingstone)

kin contact info (Puddingstone) 1st Alternate

Dress for the weather team. Here in Nebraska we are having some interesting weather. We spent last night in a Tornado Watch. The same is predicted for tonight with stormy rain after. This is going to make some interesting photos and video.

Don't worry about Nebraska. I used to practice extreme Mountaineering and Jaded...well he's just crazy. Muffin 5150 won't be real happy, but she'll be there for the team.

I'll be online tonight if anyone has any questions or just want to talk it up. I will also be posting any last minute changes if needed.

73Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Fri May 27, 2016 4:53 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It seems to be self appointed, but Misfitdog is the Morale Officer for Team Freshwater.

Great job Wes!

74Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Fri May 27, 2016 11:56 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It looks as if I'm going to get pulled away this afternoon. Everything is going well team. I never heard from spartagus 64. kin will now move into a team position. This will give us 10 confirmed members on the water tomorrow morning.

Welcome aboard kin.

Look for the code transmission at 3 a.m. California time. Don't forget to have a tag of some sort made. Also don't forget to have a marker with you if you aren't still at home.

I can't stress enough how important it is to get a good pic with the code. Verify the pic before releasing the fish. I made the mistake of not verifying last year and it cost me three fish!

I will still send a test text this evening. Please respond with a 'got it' so I know we are connected and everything is fine.

I hope everyone takes lots of pics of interesting Tournament Day stuff. In this way we can all enjoy something from all locations. To make national and international Tournaments work we need to use the technology that makes it possible in the first place. Pics are also the only way spectators can enjoy the Tournament.

If something cool happens and you want to send me a text, go ahead! I am hoping to recreate the Team Freshwater experience with a timeline using pics/texts/stories. I may not answer the text, but I will use it in the timeline. You can start texting at 3 a.m.

The plan is to do more of this type of event. The only way the rest of the world/sponsors can witness the events are if we document them with technology. In the future there will likely be a media person from the forum to compile and publish this stuff. For the moment it's me. Feel free to send anything and everything to my email address.

I will try to log on tonight after I return from my engagement.

This is your Freshwater Team for 2016:

75Team Freshwater strategy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Freshwater strategy thread Fri May 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Light wind blowing right now.

Go TeamFreshwater!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum