Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » U.S. Midwest Region Introductions and Discussions » Fishing Reports Midwest Region » It was just a maintenance trip...

It was just a maintenance trip...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It was just a maintenance trip... Empty It was just a maintenance trip... on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:55 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
It was just a maintenance trip... 2016-011

Last night I put new line on all my reels. Plus I bought a new rig and wanted to try it out. I wanted to do this before I go fishing this weekend. This morning it looked as if the only chance I would have to get on the water would be at about noon today. Not exactly a good time to fish for Bass, but a good time to go and do some final adjustments to the new Cumberland and try the new Okuma rig.

My biggest concern was getting skunked! I figured I could just use the maintenance trip excuse if I did. Wink

As I expected it was hot! The water temp, however, was superb at 77 deg. It felt really nice to get in the water.

As soon as I paddled out I made a few final adjustments to some attachments and set up my rigs.

First cast and BLAM! A nice 15 inch Bass gobbled up my Texas rigged plastic worm. I couldn't help laughing out loud. Razz  I was pleased that I got rid of the skunk on the very first cast.

Third cast and I get a large strike but he grabs some serious air spits my worm back at me. I couldn't believe the action I was getting in the heat of the day. But by no means was I complaining.

My technique was simple; toss my wiggly right to the edge of the moss beds and let him drop. This apparently was irresistible to the Bass as they slurped up worm after worm, putting on the good fight.

This impossible battle continued for two hours! Not all made it to the tube for a lap dance but most of them did for a total of 22 Bass!

I was giddy as I drove home. I have chuckled at people in the past for fishing during the heat of the day and then complaining because they couldn't even get a bite. Never again will I tell them they were wasting their time fishing during the heat of the day.

So if you're thinking that going Bass fishing during the heat of the day is futile...think again!

2It was just a maintenance trip... Empty Re: It was just a maintenance trip... on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
What a great afternoon of fishing.
Thanks for sharing.

It was just a maintenance trip... Ladopu10

It was just a maintenance trip... Image11
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3It was just a maintenance trip... Empty Re: It was just a maintenance trip... on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:03 am

Mscustomflies

Mscustomflies
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Sounds like a fun filled 2hrs

4It was just a maintenance trip... Empty Re: It was just a maintenance trip... on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:45 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
It was pure exhilaration.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum