Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » U.S. Midwest Region Introductions and Discussions » Fishing Reports Midwest Region » Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond

Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:56 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
7-10-2016 Pit Pond Report

Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond 2016-110

What do you do when it seems like all your doing is house painting, Landscaping and Hotrod building? Go fishing! And so that's just what I did.

I awoke very early Sunday morning to prep everything for fishing. Hot coffee with my favorite music to sharpen my fishing psyche. Sip coffee, run through the checklist and load it all in the truck.

I arrived at the Pond ready to slay some Bass. The first thing I noticed was the weed beds and moss. As I had predicted earlier this year, they are in full blown mode!

This is usually bad news to a lot of Anglers as so many of them don't know how to fish in the weeds. This however, is good news to me. I love to fish in the weeds. That's where the Bass like to hang out!

The air temp was very nice at 66 deg. The water was a perfect 80 deg. With everything setup on the tube I started my fishing day.

I began with a Top water frog. After only a couple of casts I got a beautiful attempt by a rather large Bass that was near sighted. My green frog was making nice little hop frequencies on a moss bed when Mr. LMB erupted through the moss! It was a beautiful thing to behold...except he misjudged the frogs location by about six inches. Sad

I took this to be a bad omen. So I decided to throw a plastic worm out and let it drop. WHAM! Bass on! I fought him to the tube where he did a nice lap dance and posed for a pic. I said goodbye to pepe le pew and sent him on his way.

It was a perfect day of fishing! I alternated between my frog and worm. I had lots of action on the frog. I even caught two LARGE Bull frogs on it! I wanted to get pics but they are incredibly strong and slippery. No sooner than I got the hook clear and they launched themselves back into the water.

I hooked a rather large Bass under an overhanging tree on the water. We fought for about 15 seconds when he dove hard and snapped my line.

Lots of great strikes on the frog, but ultimately the plastic worm was King. Four Bass for the worm and two for the frog. I guess if you count the frogs, it was four to four!

Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond 2016-111

Thanks for checking out my report...Tight lines!
Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Bass_s58

2Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:20 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Great pics and thanks for sharing!
Very scenic spot you got there. What and line pound test are you running on the frogs?

Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Ladopu10

Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Image11
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing
Nice outing! LOL@near sighted Thanks for sharing! keep up the good work

Tony G Fishing

4Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:12 am

Markiemark9

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Sounds like a great day! I'm in Omaha and new to bass fishing in the area. Been fishing Wanahoo, Walnut Creek, and Louisville SRA with fair results but would love to pick your brain as well as expand my horizons!

Also, I'm predominantly fly fishing which has been fun.

5Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:48 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Markiemark9,

Check your pm, sent you a message.

We have a Nebraska chapter: Hooked in the Heartland

I would love to include you as a member!
Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Bass_s61

6Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:34 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Great report! I had no idea bullfrogs would attack your frog! Lol

7Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:06 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
@david886720 wrote:Great report!  I had no idea bullfrogs would attack your frog!  Lol

It's quite the confidence booster...I am no longer wondering how well I am presenting my artificial frog. If my technique attracts frogs, it must look pretty dang good!
Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Bass_s67

8Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:19 am

Hunt

Hunt
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
My son and I have both caught frogs on frog lures. I'd rather catch fish.Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Img_5410
This was one he caught in 2008.

http://www.integrity-traders.com

9Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:11 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
So did the frog put up a good fight Shocked

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Final_10
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

10Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:27 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
The real fight is when you are handling them! They are slippery and strong...oh, and pissed off! Frog legs are delicious. But you need enough to call it a meal.
Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Bass_s68

11Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond Empty Re: Sunday Morn at the Pit Pond on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:10 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Now that's some fun stuff right there!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum