Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Float Tubes, Pontoons, and Equipment Reviews » Prices in Montana

Prices in Montana

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prices in Montana Empty Prices in Montana on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:18 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Okay fellas,
As you know I been in Montana for almost a month. I'm gonna be heading back to Cali in a few more weeks...why? I have no clue lol
But I'm going back lol anyway the fishing gear in Montana is at ridiculous prices. New and used.
but I find immaculate gear in Pawn shops and thrift stores at great prices.
I've already bough so much stuff.
There's one more thing I want to buy, but I want some advice or feedback.
I found a brand new in box Cumberland for $130.
But I've seriously been thinking of switching over to a pontoon or yak.
What are your thoughts? I've only ever fished from tube.
Can some give me pros and cons?
Should I just buy both? lol

2Prices in Montana Empty Re: Prices in Montana on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:50 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
I bought a yak last March.
I can travel much farther than in the tube, but the yak is plainly uncomfortable to sit in.
I use my tube 8 times as much just for the comfort.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Prices in Montana Empty Re: Prices in Montana on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:05 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
It all depends on your needs, do you want to have speed or stealth. Do you want to be in the water or out of the water. My thought are this with the Tube especially or the Pontoon boat you can be partially in the water which is good when dealing with current and windy situations. The Yak you are at the mercy of the winds and current. Yes a tube especially and a Pontoon are slower then a Yak but if you can not move as far or as far you tend to concentrate on presentation to the fish in your area more. Comfort is always important and I feel that the Pontoon is the best at this just my 2 cents. Then there is transport and storage to think about one breaks don the other does not. Only you know what you are looking for so I hope this helps.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Prices in Montana Empty Re: Prices in Montana on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:20 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
OK if your a yak person, go with the top end models, best suited for fishing, 2500-3000 $$. On the other hand, a cumbie is $130, u can fish in small areas that u can't with a yak, portability goes to the cumbie. One thing I have learned is u have to be organized to tube...........just my 2 cents............GT

5Prices in Montana Empty Re: Prices in Montana on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:OK if your a yak person, go with the top end models, best suited for fishing, 2500-3000 $$. On the other hand, a cumbie is $130, u can fish in small areas that u can't with a yak, portability goes to the cumbie. One thing I have learned is u have to be organized to tube...........just my 2 cents............GT
I feel ya.
Because of my portly figure I've had to learn how to be more compact.
Taking only bare necessities.
The pack rod I found is great cuz now I only need the one rod to fly fish or switch to spin.
But I feel for that reason I might like a pontoon.

6Prices in Montana Empty Re: Prices in Montana on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:45 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It all depends on your needs, do you want to have speed or stealth.  Do you want to be in the water or out of the water.  My thought are this with the Tube especially or the Pontoon boat you can be partially in the water which is good when dealing with current and windy situations.  The Yak you are at the mercy of the winds and current.  Yes a tube especially and a Pontoon are slower then a Yak but if you can not move as far or as far you tend to concentrate on presentation to the fish in your area more.  Comfort is always important and I feel that the Pontoon is the best at this just my 2 cents.  Then there is transport and storage to think about one breaks don the other does not.  Only you know what you are looking for so I hope this helps.
Hey Jeff thanks for the insight I might just buy a toon and another tube especially if the price is right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum