FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Today at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BigMaxFloats Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Mod To My Cumberland

+8
Litefoot
mthaubs
kobra
GT
Hunt
jeffcpr
Jerdon
SP Dan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:45 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Looks great so you used the spay and not the paint on type?

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

27Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:19 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Correct.

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Litefoot likes this post

28Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:11 pm

haitech

FTFF Gathering Officer

Dan,

Just checking in to see how this mod is holding up for you.  I would like to do this on my brand new Cumberland float tube along with UV protectant before I launch this baby in the water next week.

Thanks,

Hai

Litefoot likes this post

29Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:38 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I need to scrape off and replace the flex seal twice per year because after a season of expansion and contraction, the rubber spray begins to crack and separates from the fabric of the tube.

Personally, I wouldn’t waste your $ money on UV protection for the tube.

Just my 2-cents

SP San     <“))><

30Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:18 pm

haitech

FTFF Gathering Officer

Dan,

So you don't see any fading of the fabric over time due to the Sun exposure?

Hai

Litefoot likes this post

31Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:50 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Yes the colors do fad a bit.
It seems to be an important issue for you, so I say go ahead and put UV protection on if that’s what you want to do.
After all ... it is your float tube.
I’ve heard of people having tubes for 3 to 5 years and the biggest concerns have been the zippers and the stitches failing.

Last edited by SP Dan on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Litefoot likes this post

32Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 pm

haitech

FTFF Gathering Officer

Dan,

If it's not an issue I will not waste my money, just want to see what the feedback are with people who have the float tube for awhile and are actively using it. I've finished my Flex Seal modification per your recommendations.

Thanks,

Hai

Litefoot likes this post

33Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:04 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I found that the Flex Seal last longer if I leave my float tube inflated at the same constant pressure without it going through the expansion and contraction as in deflating and then be re-inflating it again.

Litefoot likes this post

34Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:18 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

One of the things that I have tried myself and I’ve also heard of other people saying they’ve tried is to use a zipper lubricant on all of your pocket’s zippers and your bladder’s zippers.

It will help your zippers to last longer and try not to over stuff your pockets by causing a lot of pulling pressure on your zippers.

Litefoot likes this post

35Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I agree with Dan on the zippers for the Cumberland. Don't over stuff and use something to lubricate. I am five years into my Cumberland and the biggest issue is the zippers. I has faded quite a bit and I changed out the Boston valves 2 years ago. No punctures from fish or otherwise, but I did need to re-sow the seams at the front twice. Their customer service is outstanding if you need it.

Litefoot likes this post

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

36Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:44 pm

Mermaid

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hello tubers!
I just sprayed the second coat of flex seal on my Cumberland end caps (thanks for the info). It looks like it’s going to work pretty well but I also had another thought and wanted to see if anyone on here has tried using seam sealer like the kind you use on tents. I thought that might be a good way to further protect the seams from getting roughed up. Has anyone tried that or any thoughts or feedback about that would be appreciated! 😊

jeffcpr and Only Dinkss like this post

37Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:38 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Mermaid wrote:Hello tubers!
I just sprayed the second coat of flex seal on my Cumberland end caps (thanks for the info). It looks like it’s going to work pretty well but I also had another thought and wanted to see if anyone on here has tried using seam sealer like the kind you use on tents. I thought that might be a good way to further protect the seams from getting roughed up. Has anyone tried that or any thoughts or feedback about that would be appreciated! 😊

Interesting I don't know if this has been discussed before. If you try it please let us know how it goes.

Litefoot and Mermaid like this post

38Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:46 pm

Mermaid

FTFF Gathering Officer

I will report back! I will likely wait until this wears off since the seam sealer might not adhere as well to the flex seal, so I’ll get back to you on this! Thanks for replying! Anyone else have feedback? Thanks! 😊

39Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Only Dinkss

Only Dinkss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Wow this is an awesome idea!! Now you really have me thinking. Cant wait for the update!!

Litefoot and Mermaid like this post

40Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:44 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thank's for the information Guys  sunny

41Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:10 pm

Mermaid

FTFF Gathering Officer

so i used Seam Grip-WP purchased at academy in the tent area. my flx seal was dry (everywhere except for the bottom which doesn't seem to be drying, any suggestions appreciated). I went over the seams that get the most rock scrapes, so hoping this will add to the durability.  I will take it out this weekend and report back! Thanks for all the info!

Last edited by Mermaid on Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : photo upload)

Litefoot likes this post

42Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:51 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey that looks great did it ever dry up just wondering.

Litefoot likes this post

43Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:31 pm

Mermaid

FTFF Gathering Officer

The seam sealer is dry but the flex seal on the gray underneath PVC still is tacky. I’m really not sure what to do with it at this point it has been several days… I could put some flex tape on there but I really don’t think it will hold in the water. I could cover that part with seam sealer, will just see how it progresses. Thoughts, suggestions appreciated!

Litefoot likes this post

44Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Could it be the Flex seal itself maybe a poor batch. And can you wipe it clean to start over later. I am sure this is not an exciting options just wondering

Litefoot likes this post

45Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:34 pm

Mermaid

FTFF Gathering Officer

Could be. It dried on all the canvas beautifully but just not the pvc. Wiping that part off is a good idea, thank you! I have another day before I am using it so I’ll see how it is and decide. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for the suggestion!

46Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:47 am

Mermaid

FTFF Gathering Officer

OK I'm reporting back, after spending about 7 hours on the water on Saturday, the flex seal held up nicely. The seam sealer did as well. The PVC on bottom with flex seal never dried up, it stayed tacky so i put Gorilla tape on it so it wouldn't collect little stones and dirt. That worked well too and stayed on in the water. So I think it is a total win! Thanks everyone for the info and feedback! Bonus, I caught 4 good sized large mouth, 2 really nice stripers, and a huge drum. so a fun day on the lake! Tight lines! Very Happy

47Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:36 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Mermaid  if you spread powder or sand  corn starch powder works.  sunny

Mermaid likes this post

48Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:26 am

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I maid a trip down the River from the RiverSide useing a yellow jerk bait  with 3 treble hooks.The stripper stuck my tube with his spines I'm glad I was using my guide line Drifter it has 2 bladders 1 inside the other one saved my butt.  Stopped to check the tube strap broke lost  One fin I had to kick across the riverMissed my landing target by about a 100 yd Moral to the story BE SAFE And prepared [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Be safe

SP Dan likes this post

49Another Mod To My Cumberland - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Mod To My Cumberland Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:58 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

That sounds like quite the adventure there huckleberry Rick! lol
Yes, that’s so true … always prepare for the basic unknowns! Thumbs Up

Thank you

Litefoot likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum