Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Float Tubes, Pontoons, and Equipment Reviews » A deeper Review of the Maxxon XPW 240

A deeper Review of the Maxxon XPW 240

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A deeper Review of the Maxxon XPW 240 Empty A deeper Review of the Maxxon XPW 240 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:39 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
So I have been lucky enough to get the ability to test and review some really great boats recently.  I have recently been using the XPW 240 from Maxxon Inflatable.  So let me start with this hybrid boats might be expensive but they are so worth every penny.  A hybrid is a float tube that is bladderless and tough.  So many think that bladderless boats leave you with the possibility of catastrophic failure, and I was concerned about this as well.  But once I inflated the first Hybrid I was confident that I would be safe.  These boats are built to last.

The Maxxon Inflatable XPW 240 is a drop-stitch flat float tube that is unusual looking.  Once you get on this boat and kick offshore you quickly notice this Hybrid boat is one solid and stable boat.  The size of the XPW 240 is almost 8' long and 4' wide and weighs 40 pounds.  Right away you can see that this is a large inflatable that can seem tough to move from the truck to the water.  First, it packs down into a bag that can be put in the trunk of a car with a lot of room left over.  Also, you can simply carry it to the water as it has 2 handles perfectly placed to make it balanced and light when you carry it.  

The XPW 240 when on the water is just so comfortable and moves like a dream.  I have been in float tubes for a long time they move with such easy it's amazing.  So I really thought at first it would take more work and effort to move this boat in the water.  I figured I would be tired after struggling to kick this big inflatable in the water.  Well, there is nothing further from the truth.  These flatboats glide over the surface of the water and have not drag.  I remember being in the sling seat float tubes way back when.  Those had drag as half your body was in the water, so it stands to reason the less of you in the water the less drag.  Of course, besides you not being in the water, there is less tube in the water as well.  This boat sits right on top of the water.

The XPW 240 by Maxxon Inflatables is one of the top leave boats on the market.  I can safely say you will be happy with a boat like this any questions please ask I am happy to share more details.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2A deeper Review of the Maxxon XPW 240 Empty Re: A deeper Review of the Maxxon XPW 240 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
How does the comfort factor compare to the Cumberland? Say a 6 hour session direct butt to butt comparison.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3A deeper Review of the Maxxon XPW 240 Empty Re: A deeper Review of the Maxxon XPW 240 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:54 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I have pulled 6 hours on this boat and I can say it is not bad, the only things is you need a little time on it to get it set up right but it's not bad.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum