Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Float Tubes, Pontoons, and Equipment Reviews » Do you Anchor?

Do you Anchor?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you Anchor? Empty Do you Anchor? on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:15 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Do many people use anchors here? Was seeing some videos about people rigging up and dropping 3 lbs anchors while fishing

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

2Do you Anchor? Empty Re: Do you Anchor? on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:48 am

Mo2vation

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I don't anchor in salt water Bay fishing.

I do, however, frequently clip on to things: Docks, Buoys, other structure. If the current is too ripping to keep myself in place through my kicks, its surely too fast to anchor. So I clip off.

In Freshwater lakes I will occasionally anchor, as the only thing moving me around is the wind.

- Ken

3Do you Anchor? Empty Re: Do you Anchor? on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I don't anchor, but I know most of the kids are nowadays. I have not even tied off to anything in the salt either..... OK that is not true I have. The anchor would be great idea and if you have room for it or would think it would help go for it. There are all kinds out there but I think the rock sack would be a simple useful option.
Just pull up on shore grad some stones place them in your bag and anchors away my boy. Just don't forget the rope. What a Face

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Do you Anchor? Empty Re: Do you Anchor? on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:24 pm

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
If you fish the lakes up north. It is nice to have a claw anchor handy when the winds pick up or your day can be shortened. I used mine a couple of years ago and it saved my day.

5Do you Anchor? Empty Re: Do you Anchor? on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:36 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't anchor in salt water Bay fishing.

I do, however, frequently clip on to things:  Docks, Buoys, other structure.   If the current is too ripping to keep myself in place through my kicks, its surely too fast to anchor.  So I clip off.

In Freshwater lakes I will occasionally anchor, as the only thing moving me around is the wind.

- Ken

Instead of writing the same thing over again, I just copied Ken's.
We do the same clip thing (except I use a 30 lb retractable dog leash) and no anchor thang.

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

6Do you Anchor? Empty Re: Do you Anchor? on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
I don't anchor any more. I have found if the wind is too hard to kick against line management becomes a problem as well (wind knots). The problems just seem to compound fighting the wind.
I try to plan my routes to take advantage of the wind. Kick out against it and let it blow me home.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum