The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » U.S. West Region Introductions and Discussions » Fishing Reports Western Region » SP Dan's Solo Session At LAB Sun 9-23-18

SP Dan's Solo Session At LAB Sun 9-23-18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 SP Dan's Solo Session At LAB Sun 9-23-18 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:59 pm

SP Dan

Launched at 70th Place LAB BSP, Sunday 9-23-2018

I conducted a solo session today.

I like to start each session-off by taking a few moments to calm my thoughts and to consciously remind myself of just how truly BLESSED I am to be here today! Amen.
Let the fishing begin!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gray light: 0600 hrs
Miles Kicked On FT: 3.74 miles

Calories Burnt: Approx 928 if we had been walking so I'm going to guess approx 1,200+ calories burnt today.
Swell: SSW
Air Temp: 62 deg to 76 deg, clear to cloudy/cold and back to clear sky's
Water Temp: 68-69 deg
Session Duration: 0450 hrs until 1250 hrs (8 hrs).
Sun Rise: 0641 Hrs, Sun Set: 1847 hrs.
Wind: 0600 hrs 12-mph SW, 1200 hrs 7-mph WSW.
Tidal Coefficient (CE): 82 in the morning,  a higher average
Bait Presence: massive amounts of 1-3" shiner bait in the water everywhere.
Sea Dog Presence: non to report.
Sea Bird Presence: minimal, just a few diving birds
Dolphin Presence: none to report.
Surf: 1-2 ft, Swell: 1.1 ft, Sec's Between Sets: 14
Large Leaf Kelp Beds: none to report
Tidal Conditions: 0500 hrs  0.3 ft, 0600 hrs 2.0 ft, 0700 hrs  3.2 ft, 0800 hrs 4.2 ft, 0900 hrs 4.7 ft, 0930 hrs HT 4.7 ft, 1000 4.6 ft, 1100 hrs 4.1 ft, 1200 hrs 3.2 ft, 1300 hrs 2.2 ft, ... etc.
Isolunar: Minor period from 0449 hrs until 0559 hrs and the Major period was from 1026 hrs until 1326 hrs.  <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Note:  The bite actually occurred between 0500 hrs and 0730 hrs. Then it was sometimes over an hour between bites.
Bait used: 3/8 oz Sardine Green Silver, 1/4 oz Sardine Green Silver, 1/4 oz Glow Green and 1/4 oz Mint colored HUB's with Bio-Edge scent along with Hot Sauce.
I also used the Drop Shot rig with a 4" Gulp Watermelon Minnow 12" above the weight.

Equipment used:

Float Tube used: Cumberland FT w/ a DIY rod rack and hard-top lap tray

Fins used: Force Fins

Choice of waders: none, I wear board shorts year round

Fish Finder used: Deeper Pro+

rods selected: B"n"M SharpShooter's, rated 4#-8#, 6', 1-pc.

Reels selected:(2) two Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500 reels and (1) one Diawa Ballistic 2500 reel, all spooled with Diawa Samurai #30 braid (8 carrier) line w/ a 5 ft long 12 lb Seaguar InvizX Fluorocarbon leader while using the RP knot to connect (tie) the fluorocarbon and braid together and the Improved Cinch knot for tying-on the bait.

SP Dan's Fish Count: 40 fish total, 3 different species and 4 legals on "SS Stitch":

(33) Spotty's, the best were 14", 14', 15" & 16"

(4) short Sandy, best was a 10"

(3) short Greenback Mackerels, best was a 9 1/2"

PS ... I only post one of each species unless there are multi legals, PB's or NS (new species).
PSS ... I am a sportsman dedicated to being a 100% CPR (catch, photograph and release) angler.
PSSS ... I only show photo's of the fish and not of myself because it's really all about the fish?!   Cool

Thanks everyone for taking the time to either view and or reply to my posting!  salute     

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2 Re: SP Dan's Solo Session At LAB Sun 9-23-18 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Jerdon

33 spotties, you weren't fishing, they were committing suicide. I love that saying.

Good day out Dan thanks for sharing.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: SP Dan's Solo Session At LAB Sun 9-23-18 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Alakai

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
I posted but now I don't see it.

40 fish!! What a killing! Great job. I see that you used a new watermelon bait, gonna have to see how you fish just in case HUB is not going well for me at some point. Great report as usual

4 Re: SP Dan's Solo Session At LAB Sun 9-23-18 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:20 pm

SP Dan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:33 spotties, you weren't fishing, they were committing suicide. I love that saying.

Good day out Dan thanks for sharing.

Hi ya Jerdon,

Very Happy  Ha ha ha! I am very pleased to report ... that there was no suicide committed on this day!
They are all still very much alive, swimming around happy and free to eat each other again!
I came out looking for a good fight and so did they!! Ha ha ha!  lol!

I had decided to cut the leader lines on two of the Bass; that I had landed, due to the fact that I would have probably damaged the fish further if I had attempted to remove the deep set HUB hooks.

Yes, I realize that two of the Bass will probably have sore throats for the next couple of days until the HUB hooks either rust and or fall out of their throats.
So ... hopefully they should continue to live long and healthy lives in the LAB waters.  Smile

I understand that this oxidation process usually takes 3-4 days for this to occur.

SP Dan     <"))><

5 Re: SP Dan's Solo Session At LAB Sun 9-23-18 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:21 pm

SP Dan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I posted but now I don't see it.

40 fish!! What a killing! Great job. I see that you used a new watermelon bait, gonna have to see how you fish just in case HUB is not going well for me at some point. Great report as usual

Hi ya Alakai,

Thanx for the positive feed back on my report.

I've been using the Gulp Watermelon Minnow for probably the last 8 years and mainly as my Drop Shot bait. I first started using it when I was surf fishing on Team SWAT and it was extremely effective then as well.

Give them a try.
The only thing that I can guarantee is it can't hurt to give them a try! Thumbs Up lol

SP Dan <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum