Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Salt water Fishing tips and tricks » Hookup Bait 'repair'

Hookup Bait 'repair'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hookup Bait 'repair' Empty Hookup Bait 'repair' on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 pm

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Hey guys,

Was curious what other things can be done for mending HUBs besides using mend-it. I have UV Knot Sense and Shoe Goo - do you guys think either of those would work? Gorilla glue? Anything else?

2Hookup Bait 'repair' Empty Re: Hookup Bait 'repair' on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 pm

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Has anyone tried a heat gun on low?

3Hookup Bait 'repair' Empty Re: Hookup Bait 'repair' on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Would be worth looking into these options, I have some tubes that need repairing I might try the glue gun if I get the chance this weekend.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Hookup Bait 'repair' Empty Re: Hookup Bait 'repair' on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hey guys,

Was curious what other things can be done for mending HUBs besides using mend-it. I have UV Knot Sense and Shoe Goo - do you guys think either of those would work? Gorilla glue? Anything else?

Sorry but I don't catch as many fish as you do so never had the chance to wear a bait down... lol! lol!

I have seen people use super and gorilla glue but it just cracks on them later. Maybe a drop of silicone or something?

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

5Hookup Bait 'repair' Empty Re: Hookup Bait 'repair' on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Has anyone tried a heat gun on low?

Low?? Now that I am a totally seasoned "professional" at melting soft baits I just bought heat gloves rated for 932 deg to deal with these plastics.

You need to get to 350 degrees for molten but likely 300 for tacky. I would think you would need some serious temperature and patience if you are going this route. Maybe the glue gun that Jeff mentioned? flexible epoxy?

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

6Hookup Bait 'repair' Empty Re: Hookup Bait 'repair' on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 pm

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Thanks guys. I just tried hitting it with some UV Knot Sense - we'll see how it holds up. I originally bought it to repair/reinforce my fly line but figured it could probably work for this as they say it can also be used to repair flies and replace worn epoxy. It does feel harder on the spots where I applied it but I don't think that should affect the action much.

7Hookup Bait 'repair' Empty Re: Hookup Bait 'repair' on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:38 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Let us know when you get it back in the water as to how it holds up.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Hookup Bait 'repair' Empty Re: Hookup Bait 'repair' on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:41 pm

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Let us know when you get it back in the water as to how it holds up.

Will do - I won't be able to hit the water tmrw but am planning to hit the surf on Monday, and I have every intention of fishing the 'repaired' HUB upon doing so just to see how well it holds up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum