FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway

+8
TobyB
SP Dan
jplee3
Tony G Fishing
jeffcpr
Alakai
Jerdon
Ornery Bob
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I've been busy playing with these tubes and I've tried a few designs and colors and I have the beginnings of an offering.

I've been working with the colors that I like and I will be adding new designs later.

I noticed when looking at pictures of anchovies and other types of baitfish, that the "silver with black on top" is a common configuration.

I've also noticed that when I see baitfish in the water, it's usually just a small flash of reflected light, so I decided to use lots of large glitter flakes, to get those flashes of light.

So far, they've all tested well, but now it's up to others to try them and see what they think!

HERE'S THE GIVEAWAY!

I'd like to pay it back and pay it forward to all FTFF members for their support of this forum and this great sport.

I have 24 "sample packs" with one each of the six different colors that I will send to the first 24 FTFF members who want them. I will even pay the shipping.

Just PM me with your name and address and I will be happy to mail you a free sample pack. Or you can email me at ornerybob44(at)gmail.com (be sure to include your forum member name).

Please be aware that I'm purposely making these unrigged and untrimmed so you can rig them and trim them as you like.

It's very easy with a pair of scissors to trim them swim bait or HUB style or you can also cut tentacles like a traditional tube bait.

You can rig them with internal jig heads, or not.

Unrigged, they float, so you can stick a hook in them and toss them as is for a top water bait, or stick a jig head in them for a bottom hugger. Obviously there are lots of ways you can rig these.

So here they are (better photos to come). I plan to keep working on these and hopefully have them for sale at the first of the new year. Until then, they are only available to FTFF members with this free offer.

Please remember these are all individually handmade and so each one is slightly different. They aren't being cranked out with factory precision. It's just me. Some are a little longer and some are a little shorter, but they're all at least 4 inches long. Length is random and not color related.

Again, PM me through the forum or email me with your name and shipping address and I will be happy to get a sample pack out to you.

Thanks to all FTFF members!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Merry Christmas Bob.

Great idea

3Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Heyyyyy BOB!! I was curious how you were coming along with your tubes!! I'm so down to give them a try! They look great.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

4Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:16 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thanks Bob they look great come on guys get your Ornery Bob Tubes and be the first to try them out.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Very cool Bob! baits looking good! salute

6Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:29 am

Bob's baits work amazingly! I love that I can customize them. I also like the durability. I think I got 6 spotties before changing out the bait. Held out well!

Sent from Topic'it App

7Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I still have yet to try out more from the earlier batch you made and handed out at our last FTFF meetup at HH! I think I only fished the red colored one but not for a long enough time on that outing. I haven't even made it out enough to try more. If we ever happen to cross paths at a future event (or just plan one), I'd be willing to try out any new designs you'd like to have "tested" Wink

8Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:54 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I’d like to give them a try Bob.
I’d be willing to devote an entire session to your bait.
I’ve been reading a lot of good chatter online about your home poured baits.
I’ve kept all of my Owner lead heads from the HUB’s and so
I will try to match those together.

This is very generous of you!

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

9Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

A dozen sample packs went out today, so there are still 12 left. Any leftovers will be donated to the Forum for Jeff to give away as he likes, but this offer is still good for one more week!

10Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:59 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

12 went out that is pretty good, come on guys hit up OB for some sample baits and let everyone know what you think.
So far so good nice work Ornery Bob.

11Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Okay they won't last I want some dming now

Sent from Topic'it App

12Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thank you Bob!!
Mine came in the mail today.

13Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:34 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Got mine as well going out tomorrow already.

14Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:00 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Nope ... didn’t arrive today ... you lucky dawgs!!

15Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Got mine today! I'm a happy panda! Don't know about you guys, but my Dec fishing times are slim. I'm looking forward to getting out in the harbor with Bob's baits!

Sent from Topic'it App

16Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Just received mine in the mail today. Looking forward to getting the heads and getting them on the water.

17Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Bob, received mine yesterday. Will be trimming and installing jig heads today. Will be fishing your baits at HH Friday.............GT

18Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks bob, I got mine yesterday too. The garlic scent filled my office to the point where people were avoiding me lol. I look forward to trying them out soon.

19Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:48 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Trimmed and jig heads inserted...........GT

20Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:50 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

They look great

Ready to role buddy good luck.

21Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:14 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Jeff....wanting to see how the solid blue and green work...........GT

22Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:28 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Thank you for your generosity Ornery santa Santa!

I found mine in the mail this evening!

SP Dan     <"))><

23Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I feel like I'm just getting started with these and I appreciate you guys testing out this first generation. I'm having fun making them, but none of it matters if you don't catch fish with them.

I've been playing with different ways to trim them and came up with a swimbait trim where you cut a slice up the middle as usual to install the jig head, but then you cut away a section from the bottom of the tube, leaving some at the end of the tube to flap around.like a tail.

I'm also working on a crawdad/crab color without eyes to be primarily trimmed tentacle style. Because the plastic floats, when trimmed tentacle style, the jig head end sits on the bottom and the tentacle end floats up and presents the tentacles reaching up like crab claws. Just the smallest twitch gives great action. Of course those familiar with fishing conventional tube baits know this, but it was new to me.

Thanks, guys! I hope you have fun and catch fish!

24Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

You’re a good man Bob. Very generous of you to give out free baits that you made. Wish you nothing but the best in getting everything dialed in and much success in your business venture.

25Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Empty Re: Ornery Tubes FTFF Giveaway Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

This is really great of you Bob! Looking forward to giving them a try asap

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum