Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » FTFF Tackle Shop-Classifieds, Fishing Shows » Classifieds » Wanted: float tube

Wanted: float tube

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wanted: float tube Empty Wanted: float tube on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:10 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Looking to buy a float tube for my 11yr old daughter who started tubing with me, as of now i bumm my friends so we can tube together. But would like to get her a good used one so she can float with us. PM me if you have something. Thanks

2Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Welcome to the site, I am sure something will pop up soon for you. Hey good job getting your daughter out there with you. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:53 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Thanks Jeff! Its been awesome hanging out and fishing with her,Fishing really has brought us closer together. Thanks for a great forum!

4Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:48 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here are a few thing that might be still on craigs list

5Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
The second link ED posted is the best deal!!!

I would stay away from the round tube....go with the open front.

sonarbp

6Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:16 pm

@n2deepfsw wrote:Thanks Jeff! Its been awesome hanging out and fishing with her,Fishing really has brought us closer together. Thanks for a great forum!

Bring her out to a fishing event and have some fun! As some of the others here already said, by all means do not get a closed front Donut tube. Especially for a youth. The open front U shaped tubes are so much safer getting in and out. Where have you been taking her tubing at?

7Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
i think the round one is a good kids one i had my son in the open front one he flip my buddys daughter used the round one and she looked a lot safer but to neach his own and if i want to get one for my son i would get a round one untill he grow out of it just my 2 cents
but sonar has been tubing way longer than me i have only been doing it sence febuary so just consider the spects and i say go from there
the lost lake u tube from bass pro shop has a safty belt that goes from the set to the from appron bar and that keep the tube on top of my son i thank god for his to be a strong swimmer i dont know but it looks like you really sit low in the round tube keeping the weight down low but when my son flipped it was his fault he reach for the sea scooter and grab the trigger and his arm were over the top support bar and push him back causing the tube to flip and he was in the water lol funny now but not at the time so i say round tubes for lil people and open tubes for bigger people but like i said i could be wrong and if any one had anything to add or anything to say different please let me know cause ii want to get my son back out there thank ed

8Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
well you see there is thing i missed i think lc is right but i am not sure on that safty belt that keeps you from slidding out

9Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Ed, I have to disagree with you on this one. The round tube is a "DEATH TRAP". I do have one and will never let anyone use it. The main reason I say it is a "DEATH TRAP" is due to the fact if for some reason you flip or roll the tube it is very very difficult to get out of the tube leaving your head under water! Plus you sit further in the water than most tubes.

Open tubes are much safer....if something does go wrong you can get out of the tube.

10Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:05 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
point taken and i do agree i guess i was thinking it would be harder to flip a round tube than an open one. thanks for your info i will not be getting another round tube i will stick to open front tube i will now have to convince my son that the open one is still safer thanks sonar oh and are we doing the harbor this weekend i know the other post would be better to ask but i am here lol

11Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Really would like to join you but I popped another bladder....waiting for my new tube to arrive! Thumbs Up

12Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:13 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
New tube what are you getting What a Face

13Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:New tube what are you getting What a Face

A new Nav II....it is $40 for the bladder or $150 for new tube...got the new tube. Think I might order the bladder anyway just to get the other tube back in working order.

14Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:22 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Cool deal bro.

15Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:36 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Ed5000x- thanks for the heads up on the caddis nevada I'm going to get her that one.
Lagunacoconut- yes, I've taken her out 3x in Huntington harbor 5 minutes from my house. She has caught sandies and 1 small halibut. Yes, were going to team up for the tourney I need the help! Haha

16Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:09 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ed5000x- thanks for the heads up on the caddis nevada I'm going to get her that one.
Lagunacoconut- yes, I've taken her out 3x in Huntington harbor 5 minutes from my house. She has caught sandies and 1 small halibut. Yes, were going to team up for the tourney I need the help! Haha

your welcome but i cant take the credit on that one it was sonar a very good guy who told you about the tube to get i just put up the link buddy
everyone here is so helpfull and willing to do so i am new to the game as well and help were i can so thanks to very one and there point of views. this forum has help a lot for me as well as the next guy
Thanks Ed Thumbs Up

17Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Well thank you too sonar sorry I missed giving you props too. Ed I do agree this is a great forum! I'm happy I found it, everyone is very helpful!

18Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:48 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
no thanks needed....just want you guys to get the best gear for your $$$. remember you will need to get a life vest for your daughter to wear while on the water and a whistle.

19Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
She's been using her wakeboard vest and I hooked the whistle on the vest. Thanks again for info.
Question: do you have to periodically put little air in bladder of the tube to keep it solid? Or is it supposed to stay full like the start the whole time?

20Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:45 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
You should not need to fill the tube once you are in the water, there will be some change in the pressure from morning till afternoon. As the day heats up the tube should get fuller, and if it was warm and then cools off you will loss some air. Not enough to make a big difference, but this has been my experience.

21Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:56 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Maybe I'm underinflating the tube? How much air should I put in the tube? Should I make it medium-hard or stiff?

22Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:12 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Question: do you have to periodically put little air in bladder of the tube to keep it solid? Or is it supposed to stay full like the start the whole time?

Good question...but there are many things to remember when inflating your tube.

1. Type of pump used to inflate:
I recommend you get a good double action hand pump. This is the only way to inflate the bladders properly with out the use of an air compressor. If you are using an electric pump or one that plugs into your car that is fine but it will only inflate your bladders about 70% you will need to top them off with a hand pump.

2. How much to inflate:
I recommend that you inflate each bladder just until it is firm but yielding. If you over inflate it can lead to big problems such as popped bladders. If you under-inflate this can lead to problems also…That is what I just experienced a couple weeks ago. Didn’t have my hand pump so I used my buddies pump, didn’t inflate the bladders enough so when I was on the water the bladder was not in its proper shape causing uneven pressure on the seams. This lead to me getting a tear in a main bladder.

You have to remember also that air expands and contracts as you go so if you inflate until it is firm and you get in the cold water the tube will contract. You didn’t lose air, it just got “smaller” but as you fish and the sun comes out the air will warm again and expand.

If you inflate your tube till it is firm to the touch and begin fishing and the tube contracts a little you should be find. But if after awhile you notice your tube getting softer you might have a leak. If you do have a leak that is a pretty easy fix if you catch it fast enough.

23Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:03 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Thanks sonar for answering my question. I was using a Colman electric pump and didn't top off with anything else. I'm going to check if I do have a small leak today when I get home.

24Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
n2deepfsw you can get a double action pump at walmart for around $10 or $15 bucks. It has all the adapter to fit most valves and is faster to use than the electric pumps. I can inflate all three of my bladders in my tube in under 10 minutes.

Might want to pick one up and add it to you float tube gear inventory! Thumbs Up

25Wanted: float tube Empty Re: Wanted: float tube on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:n2deepfsw you can get a double action pump at walmart for around $10 or $15 bucks. It has all the adapter to fit most valves and is faster to use than the electric pumps. I can inflate all three of my bladders in my tube in under 10 minutes.

Might want to pick one up and add it to you float tube gear inventory! Thumbs Up

Yes i got 2 of those pumps and the adapter for the valves i had to sand them down to fit my tube but it was easy
Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum