Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Invites, Fishing Events, Forum Gatherings, and other Tournaments » Contest, Fishing Events and Tournaments » Sav-On Tackle Trout Event 1-18-19

Sav-On Tackle Trout Event 1-18-19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sav-On Tackle Trout Event 1-18-19 Empty Sav-On Tackle Trout Event 1-18-19 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:10 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Had a chance to go to the artificial bait trout event at Sav-On tackle last night.
They went through different techniques and how to fish them such as hard baits, mini-jigs, drop shot and minnows. Best of all they were both float tubers and spoke of the benefits of float tubing to the audience with a particular emphasis on Eastern Sierra float tube fishing. Very beneficial, I thought it was an incredible event and happy I attended. Spoke to a few after about tubing since even though the event was about trout fishing, I heard the speakers getting questions after about tubing and the fins he was using on his tube (force fins btw)

Approx Head Count - 50 (place was packed and parking was worse)
Speakers - Two Sav-On tackle employees that specialize in trout, steelhead and bass fishing
Sale - 15% off terminal trout tackle and 10% off of rods and reels. Ultralight Heavyweights were there selling at $0.50 a piece for their mini-jigs or $35 for 60 (I know, ?? guess you are paying for the little plastic box)
Raffle - TWO Phenix fishing rods, reel and a bunch of Ultralight Heavyweight baits
Kid Friendly? - Minor cussing in the crowd, speakers were professional and did a great job.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

2Sav-On Tackle Trout Event 1-18-19 Empty Re: Sav-On Tackle Trout Event 1-18-19 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:32 am

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Very cool! Thanks for the summary. I forgot how fun trout fishing can be when you're fishing with lures and not so much bait and wait with PB. And it gets even crazier if you ever get into fly fishing for trout... entomology, tying your own flies, casting techniques, finding structure to locate fish, not to mention all the fly gear you'll "need"

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum