Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Float tubing while sick?

Float tubing while sick?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Float tubing while sick? Empty Float tubing while sick? on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:54 am

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Any of you guys get on your tubes despite being sick? I caught something weeks ago and it's lingering but I've been dying to get out again... sucks because being sick really takes a toll on you. Between being sick and having family events to attend to, I can't seem to catch a break.

Anyway, I think it could potentially be miserable trying to do this while sick but I guess it all depends lol. The saltwater and breeze might actually not be such a bad thing for the lungs!

2Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:09 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
With a fever never again. Did that, got the chills in the wind, hard to breath, hard to kick, built more character than I wanted.
With a cold? Could go either way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:23 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I have been before but I think it depends on what kind of sick. If you are flu-ish and achy, hell's to the no.

If you have a lingering cough from a bronchial infection and otherwise feel fine, sure.

If you have a cold and are just congested and all, I would and have gone.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

4Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
I have been grounded for two weeks. Pneumonia or not pneumonia. Depends on which Medico is talking, and when. Happy to say that chest x-ray yesterday was negative, so maybe soon. Meanwhile, I am practicing my casting in the warm sun (hit the piling not the boat, Bob), and soaking up knowledge from the likes of SPDan and GT so I will be ready. (Who would have guessed that patience is a key factor; and that "don't leave fish to find fish" is a truism?)

It is a personal call; but, I agree with Jerdon about fever. It can turn sour in a hurry. In my case--see age--I am cautious, and wimpy. Besides, it is supposed to be fun.

5Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:11 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Ya head cold what ever flu like sympotms hell no. When I was younger nothing kept me from the water. As i get older I think I am smarter ...... I think.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:47 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
It's your call jplee3 ... you'll know when it’s the correct time for you to return to fishing!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 am

Logan

Logan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I have been under the weather with a lingering cold/sinus infection and hit the water a little this weekend trying to get some fish. I regretted it, lol. My equilibrium was thrown off by the rocking back and forth. Cold had me clogged up and then I got dizzy. So, I got off the water. I'm going to wait until I get back closer to 100%, but that's because I'm a baby.

8Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
No wonder I got skunked, you probably got them all sick...

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

9Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 am

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Something's been going around for sure... I have a lingering minor cold at this point. Could be acute bronchitis since I have been coughing throughout the day and wake up with some congestion still. At this point, I don't think whatever I has should be enough to prevent me from going out but definitely not quite 100% either. I'm planning to hit the surf at San Onofre with a friend this Saturday too, so yet another missed opportunity on the tube.

Another thing I signed up for is the Halibut Surf Derby (http://crystalwaterstackle.com/halibut-surf-derby-1/), which is directly at conflict with my float tubing adventures... well, if I want to take it seriously at least. I'm pretty sure halibut caught off the tube don't count LOL.

10Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:42 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Halibut off a tube is KILLER bounce bounce bounce Ask SPDan
If you can get in the zone go for it, screw the fever part.....not good..........GT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum