FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float tubing while sick?

+3
Alakai
Jerdon
jplee3
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Float tubing while sick? Empty Float tubing while sick? Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:54 am

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Any of you guys get on your tubes despite being sick? I caught something weeks ago and it's lingering but I've been dying to get out again... sucks because being sick really takes a toll on you. Between being sick and having family events to attend to, I can't seem to catch a break.

Anyway, I think it could potentially be miserable trying to do this while sick but I guess it all depends lol. The saltwater and breeze might actually not be such a bad thing for the lungs!

2Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:09 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

With a fever never again. Did that, got the chills in the wind, hard to breath, hard to kick, built more character than I wanted.
With a cold? Could go either way.

3Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:23 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have been before but I think it depends on what kind of sick. If you are flu-ish and achy, hell's to the no.

If you have a lingering cough from a bronchial infection and otherwise feel fine, sure.

If you have a cold and are just congested and all, I would and have gone.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

4Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have been grounded for two weeks. Pneumonia or not pneumonia. Depends on which Medico is talking, and when. Happy to say that chest x-ray yesterday was negative, so maybe soon. Meanwhile, I am practicing my casting in the warm sun (hit the piling not the boat, Bob), and soaking up knowledge from the likes of SPDan and GT so I will be ready. (Who would have guessed that patience is a key factor; and that "don't leave fish to find fish" is a truism?)

It is a personal call; but, I agree with Jerdon about fever. It can turn sour in a hurry. In my case--see age--I am cautious, and wimpy. Besides, it is supposed to be fun.

5Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:11 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya head cold what ever flu like sympotms hell no. When I was younger nothing kept me from the water. As i get older I think I am smarter ...... I think.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:47 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

It's your call jplee3 ... you'll know when it’s the correct time for you to return to fishing!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 am

I have been under the weather with a lingering cold/sinus infection and hit the water a little this weekend trying to get some fish. I regretted it, lol. My equilibrium was thrown off by the rocking back and forth. Cold had me clogged up and then I got dizzy. So, I got off the water. I'm going to wait until I get back closer to 100%, but that's because I'm a baby.

8Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No wonder I got skunked, you probably got them all sick...

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

9Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 am

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Something's been going around for sure... I have a lingering minor cold at this point. Could be acute bronchitis since I have been coughing throughout the day and wake up with some congestion still. At this point, I don't think whatever I has should be enough to prevent me from going out but definitely not quite 100% either. I'm planning to hit the surf at San Onofre with a friend this Saturday too, so yet another missed opportunity on the tube.

Another thing I signed up for is the Halibut Surf Derby (http://crystalwaterstackle.com/halibut-surf-derby-1/), which is directly at conflict with my float tubing adventures... well, if I want to take it seriously at least. I'm pretty sure halibut caught off the tube don't count LOL.

10Float tubing while sick? Empty Re: Float tubing while sick? Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:42 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Halibut off a tube is KILLER bounce bounce bounce Ask SPDan
If you can get in the zone go for it, screw the fever part.....not good..........GT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum