Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » San Diego reservoirs

San Diego reservoirs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1San Diego reservoirs Empty San Diego reservoirs on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Does anyone know which San Diego freshwater spots are float tube friendly? I've looked and searched but can't get any definitive answer.

2San Diego reservoirs Empty Re: San Diego reservoirs on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Look up Barrett Lake. It is a catch and release only lake that has California strain black bass. You have to get a ticket through ticketmaster and they are only open in the summer months on wed, sat, and sun. Sometimes the bass fishing can be very good as this strain can be very aggressive. Do a google search if you want to go. A lot of other San diego lakes also are float tube friendly. San Vicente is another I can think of off the top of my head.

3San Diego reservoirs Empty Re: San Diego reservoirs on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:18 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I know there are some SD guys here I hope they chime in soon but I agree with david886720 Barrett and San V went off last year as well. Of course, San V had been closed for years and was primed to go off. I will see if I can find you more info this is a good idea lets list the lake that are FT friendly in SD.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4San Diego reservoirs Empty Re: San Diego reservoirs on Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
I have put in a call and left a message with the Parks department that's in charge of the reservoirs and sent an email to them both done yesterday I've yet to hear back from them

5San Diego reservoirs Empty Re: San Diego reservoirs on Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Lower Otay, Lake Murray, San Vincente Resevoir, Lake Hodges, Sutherland Resevoir, El Capitan Lake, Lake Miramar, and Lake Barrett, I think I got all of the lakes that allow float tubes. Some are still closed. Check to see which days the lake you pick is open. Otay and Hodges are open Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. I think Murray and Miramar are open 7 days a week. Not sure on the others.

6San Diego reservoirs Empty Re: San Diego reservoirs on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:04 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Go to San Diego.gov then scroll down to Parks and Recreation. All the info is there.

7San Diego reservoirs Empty Re: San Diego reservoirs on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:05 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Sorry. I don’t know how to post links.

8San Diego reservoirs Empty Re: San Diego reservoirs on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:14 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Kobra thanks for posting all this here is a link i found in the Sandiego.gov link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

9San Diego reservoirs Empty Re: San Diego reservoirs on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:35 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
You’re welcome Jeff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum