FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Today at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BigMaxFloats Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

One of the best tubes out there

+5
david886720
TobyB
SP Dan
Jerdon
jeffcpr
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1One of the best tubes out there Empty One of the best tubes out there Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:46 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to fish quite a few float tubes now. These have been test ridden to check them over and review new products and report back what I think. Now it has moved into selling some of these boats well. There have been some amazing inflatable boats I have had the opportunity to test ride, but there is one that still is on the top of my list for a few reasons.

The Classic Accessories Cumberland Float Tube has is still on the top of my list as best float tubes. I am sure if you have used one in the past you can agree this is one heck of a great tube. The Cumberland is on the top of my list for a few reasons.

1st - The pockets, they are large and the double zipper opening allows you to load the boxes up and still get to what you need when you need it.

2nd - The foam, seat some don't like it but I have never had an issue it is comfortable and keeps you high out of the water.

3rd - It ready to go - It has been years since I have had to put together a float tube. Recently 7Bass boats showed up and I had to assemble them. It's tough to line up the bladders in the boats. The Cumberland is great because you don't assemble them together they are ready right out of the box.

4th - They just work - I have not had an issue in the years I have been using them. They are built well and if you take care of them they will last you a long time.

There is not much I don't like about the Cumberland it is just a great float tube and at just around $150 it is the perfect entry level boat. Just wanted to put this out there anyone has anything to add post away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I agree the Cumberland is a great tube, but it was an upgrade for me.

Here is a review I started in 2014, that is 5 years ago, and it is still fishing strong.

FYI
It cost about $175 back then and was a good deal.

3One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Jerdon wrote:I agree the Cumberland is a great tube, but it was an upgrade for me.

Here is a review I started in 2014, that is 5 years ago, and it is still fishing strong.

FYI
It cost about $175 back then and was a good deal.

Sooo cool to see a post from "Baby" Jerdon back in the day!

4One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:38 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

It’s my favorite tube of choice as well!

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

5One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:03 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I love what I fish now but the Cumberland is top of my list as well just a great all around boat.

6One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:38 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It looks like a killer tube and from what everyone says its a fishing machine. I am a caddis man myself. I have had no issues with any of the caddis tubes I have had. If I get the chance in the future i will definitely give this tube a try.

7One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use the Cumberland and feel it's a great fishing workhorse that is comfortable and has everything I need float tube fishing so far. It's also very durable and a great bargain Thumbs Up

8One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Fish Stalker

Fish Stalker
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I love my cumberland! Been using it for a year and half with no issues just a whole heck of alot of fun. Sound like I made a good choice as this is my first float tube.

9One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:52 pm

haitech

FTFF Gathering Officer

I just bought one in preparation for my trip to the Eastern Sierra next week, also just joined the forum to get some modifications tip.

10One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:08 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is so cool haitech you are going to love it and welcome to the forum.

11One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:34 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome to the forum haitech! Thumbs Up

SP Dan <“))><

12One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Fish Stalker

Fish Stalker
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I was fortunate that I bought the Cumberland as my first tube, I bet I have fished out of it at least 100 times in 2 years without a problem. I love mine!!!!

13One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:24 pm

haitech

FTFF Gathering Officer

That is good to hear!

14One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:05 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard Hai..........I have owned 4 tubes in the last 7 and a half years. My second tube was a Cumbie from Classic Accessories. It is by far a great tube for the money. I sold it to another member and as far as I know he is still using it. I'm old and have no cushion on my butt so the foam was a little ruff. I now own a Savage Gear 170, inflatable seat and removable storage pockets, which I have come to really love. Tight lines............GT

15One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:23 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I’m still using the Cumberland that once belonged to gt. I have three other tubes but greatly prefer it over the others due to weight (both gross and payload),having a crossbar to reinforce the lap tray and portability. Once the life of my current tube finally catches up, I will be ordering another. But by the looks of how well it’s holding up, it may be a while.

16One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:22 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Glad to hear she's still afloat Kin...........GT

17One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:15 pm

haitech

FTFF Gathering Officer

Nice to hear all of these positive feedbacks guys, appreciate it!

18One of the best tubes out there Empty Re: One of the best tubes out there Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:39 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I am presently fishing from my 2nd Cumberland float tube and I presently have two more Cumberland float tubes (NIB) on the shelf in my garage waiting to be hatched for their maiden voyage’s.

I named my 2nd (current) Cumberland float tube the “SS MOJO”.

My 1st Cumberland float tube; that I named the “SS stitch”, which I sold to TobyB and I understand that she is still afloat to this day. Thumbs Up

So these float tubes will last you quite a long time if you treat them well and keep them clean.

SP Dan      <“))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum