» 2019 Toy Drive
by jeffcpr Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 pm

» Another Maxxon XPW 240 Raffle
by jeffcpr Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:43 pm

» LAH Sat 10-12-19
by SP Dan Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:18 pm

» First Golden Trout
by Troutbum Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 am

» The 2nd Annual Hookup Bait Tournament Happened!!!
by SP Dan Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:33 am

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Non-Fishing Related Discussions » Fishermen helping fishermen » Float Tubing and Dehydration

Float Tubing and Dehydration

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Float Tubing and Dehydration Empty Float Tubing and Dehydration on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:38 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Even though we are in water all day while we fish we do have to think about dehydration.  This is something I have wanted to discuss with everyone for a while now.  I am sure you all understand the need to be hydrated well but are you aware of the signs that tell you are becoming or are dehydrated.

Mild Dehydration Signs and Symptoms:
Thirst
Dry or sticky mouth
Not peeing very much
Dark yellow pee
Dry, cool skin
Headache
Muscle cramps

If you are experiencing these signs and symptoms you will need to get yourself hydrated as quick as you can.  So how do you hydrate properly?  You need to daily drink eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember.

I also found this and it may not be something you want to hear but here it is.  The average beer nowadays is 4 or 5 percent. So the answer to the question “Does it hydrate or dehydrate you?” is that it actually dehydrates you. It's actually thought that if you drink 200 ml of beer, that you don't just urinate 200 ml of water. You actually urinate 320 ml of water, which is a 120 ml of dehydration.  

If that was not bad enough here is Food and dehydration as well.  1) Foods high in sugar and processed foods. Examples include donuts, muffins, candy bars, ice cream and even whole grains like bread, pasta, and rice are all dehydrating. This is because to break down sugar, the body uses a lot of water.

Here is one last thing that can help you daily to identify where you are in your daily hydration.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am not sure if you think much about this but it is something we should all be thinking of. Hydration is a good thing, better energy, longer time on the water and maybe fewer cramps in the long run. Again just watching out for everyone, don't forget to drink even though you are in the water dehydration sucks.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Float Tubing and Dehydration Empty Re: Float Tubing and Dehydration on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:49 am

great call! Thank you for posting this. I fall guilty of this too often. Let's just say I did not do to good on this scale my last time out, lol. I will be better about bringing the water Smile

3Float Tubing and Dehydration Empty Re: Float Tubing and Dehydration on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Good info Jeff,

I try to take a drink whenever my my gets dry and I eat PowerBars for energy. They don't seem to make me very thirsty and I can fish for 5 or 6 hours with out hitting the "bright" colors.
Wink

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4Float Tubing and Dehydration Empty Re: Float Tubing and Dehydration on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:16 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
During the winter months, (waders) I drink the night before. Day of fishing I don't drink my morning coffee or take water in the tube. Why, I pee to much. When they decide to put in floating toilets, maybe I'll think about it. As soon as I get out of the water, I drink a bottle of water. Works for me........GT

5Float Tubing and Dehydration Empty Re: Float Tubing and Dehydration on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I am the same I hydrate before and after not during unless it is a very hot day.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Float Tubing and Dehydration Empty Re: Float Tubing and Dehydration on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
GT me too. No coffee in the morning the day I go.
Yep, that helps ALOT.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum