FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Today at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Today at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Today at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New future float tuber

+5
dayhut
Alakai
SP Dan
Jerdon
Flyfisherman88
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New future float tuber Empty New future float tuber Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

Howdy! Just joined up. Looking forward to learning all I can. My first float tube should be here next Thursday and I'm very excited about it and the opportunities it will open up.

I am primarily a fly fisherman but enjoy many forms of fishing. A member here pointed me in your direction for info and helped me choose my first tube. I went with the classic accessories Cumberland to start. I don't have the ability to haul a boat or kayak currently so the tube should work nicely to be easier to take along but get me into more places than jist bank fishing.

Thanks a bunch for adding me. Looking forward to learning more about float tubing.

Mark

2New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum Flyfisherman88!!

The Cumberland is a great choice. You need to spend quite a bit more to get something better. With fly gear in the pockets and 2 fly rods it will weigh nothing to carry. I hope to see some fly caught pics in the near future.

3New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:53 pm

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

Jerdon wrote:Welcome to the forum Flyfisherman88!!

The Cumberland is a great  choice. You need to spend quite a bit more to get something better. With fly gear in the pockets and 2 fly rods it will weigh nothing to carry. I hope to see some fly caught pics in the near future.

Thanks a bunch! Hoping to get it out and try it as soon as I can. Already been scoping out spots to try it out haha. So many more doors have been opened. Up to this point I have mostly stuck to rivers that I could wade in. Bank access in some places isn't horrible but the fish always seem to hang out right outside my range from the bank haha. I'm super excited to get out and use it.

The one I ordered came with fins but I am told they aren't very good and a set of diving type fins are more efficient. Grabbed a dual action pump for it today as well. This is going to be fun! Very Happy

4New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:42 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome aboard Flyfisherman88!!

The Cumberland is my choice of float tubes as well!
Lot's of information being shared here on FTFF.

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

5New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:11 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Here are some vids for you to start out with if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

6New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:59 am

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

SP Dan wrote:Welcome aboard Flyfisherman88!!

The Cumberland is my choice of float tubes as well!
Lot's of information being shared here on FTFF.

SP Dan     <"))><

Alakai wrote:Here are some vids for you to start out with if you are interested.

Thanks a bunch! Already watched two of those videos recently haha.

7New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:22 am

Welcome to the group. It's awesome to read your excitement. It's so much fun when you kick out each time and enjoy some tube fishing. Good pickup in the cumberland, I use the same one. Looking forward to some reports!

Sent from Topic'it App

8New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:55 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome Mark!
Glad you made it here. For those tuning in, I’m the one that told Mark about this page.
All the bad advice he has gotten is mine. LOL

This is probably the most active floatbtube group going. If you can’t see it or learn it here.... well, it may not be anything you need to know!

An honorable mention should be made to Jeff (jeffcpr), he who has done an outstanding job with this forum in the last few years.
I tip my hat to him - without him, this wouldn’t happen.

You’re fishing life is about to change, brother.

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

9New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:28 am

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks a bunch! I appreciate all the advice David. Starting from nothing haha. Before chatting with ya I had never looked into float tubes as an option. Never knew anything about them although I had heard of them a little. This will probably be the biggest help to my fishing than I've had in years lol.

10New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:51 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

When you're ready for a rod rack something you may want to consider is a horizontal type like the one I made for my tube. I don't fly fish but I do cast overhead so sending a rod into the water during a cast would be a matter of time with a vertical rod holder . Anyhow here's a pic and if you want the parts list let me know .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sent from Topic'it App

11New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

Floatingbassturd wrote:When you're ready for a rod rack something you may want to consider is a horizontal type like the one I made for my tube. I don't fly fish but I do cast overhead so sending a rod into the water during a cast would be a matter of time with a vertical rod holder . Anyhow here's a pic and if you want the parts list let me know .

Sent from Topic'it App

Thanks a bunch! Good looking rod rack. Not sure how I'm going to do everything just yet really. Going to wing it I guess haha. I don't think I'm going to be toting to many rods just yet. I don't get to take too much along wading and bank fishing. I'm looking forward to it though. A new experience for me. I have very little experience fishing from a boat so far.

12New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

You're gonna love it. It makes it alot more enjoyable being in the environment rather than on the bank looking at the environment. Plus once you get your tube all set up how you like it, it's nice to have everything in arms reach easily accessible rather than in a backpack 20-30 yards away setting on the shore where you started at but wandered away from.

Sent from Topic'it App

13New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:55 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Floatingbassturd wrote:When you're ready for a rod rack something you may want to consider is a horizontal type like the one I made for my tube. I don't fly fish but I do cast overhead so sending a rod into the water during a cast would be a matter of time with a vertical rod holder . Anyhow here's a pic and if you want the parts list let me know .

Sent from Topic'it App
I’ve always liked this sort because I also fly fish.
I first saw them among French tubers, and they seem to be popular over there.
I’d appreciate an itemized list and some close views of what you have done.
Thank you

14New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

Yayyyy!

15New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Good tube! Havent seen one so crisp in a while! Tightlines!🎣

Sent from Topic'it App

16New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:24 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thumbs Up

17New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:25 am

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

What fly setup do you have?

18New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:09 am

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

562fly wrote:What fly setup do you have?

I'm a bit of a fly addict... I have a little bit of everything from 1wt to 8wt. Multiples of some. I believe nearing 30ish. Very Happy

19New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:37 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Flyfisherman88 wrote:

I'm a bit of a fly addict... I have a little bit of everything from 1wt to 8wt. Multiples of some. I believe nearing 30ish. Very Happy
“Something of a fly addict....” now there is an understatement if ever there was.

Mark singlehandedly keeps the fly tackle manufacturers in business!
And now he is in a tube....

20New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 am

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

dayhut wrote:
Flyfisherman88 wrote:

“Something of a fly addict....” now there is an understatement if ever there was.

Mark singlehandedly keeps the fly tackle manufacturers in business!
And now he is in a tube....

Hahaha just doing my part Red Smile

21New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:21 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Red Smile

22New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:14 pm

Socalhalislayer

Socalhalislayer
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Flyfisherman88 wrote:Howdy! Just joined up. Looking forward to learning all I can. My first float tube should be here next Thursday and I'm very excited about it and the opportunities it will open up.

Thanks a bunch for adding me. Looking forward to learning more about float tubing.

Mark
welcome flyfisherman you fell into the right place anglers here are very friendly and knowledgeable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCItSobIQx6g5WXRcIxQy2Cw

23New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:13 am

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

Socalhalislayer wrote:
Flyfisherman88 wrote:Howdy! Just joined up. Looking forward to learning all I can. My first float tube should be here next Thursday and I'm very excited about it and the opportunities it will open up.

Mark
welcome flyfisherman you fell into the right place anglers here are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to get out and break this thing in.

24New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:22 pm

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I just go a Bad Ass Glass 8 wt that im looking forward to use in the harbors. I have a 7wt that i use for the surf and my 5wt for trout and sun fish. I recently got my hands on a 3 wt river glass rod that im itching to use for bluegill and other sunfish.

25New future float tuber Empty Re: New future float tuber Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:41 am

Flyfisherman88

Flyfisherman88
FTFF Gathering Officer

562fly wrote:I just go a Bad Ass Glass 8 wt that im looking forward to use in the harbors.  I have a 7wt that i use for the surf and my 5wt for trout and sun fish. I recently got my hands on a 3 wt river glass rod that im itching to use  for bluegill and other sunfish.

Awesome! I'm a biiig glass fan. They are a blast! Lately I've added a 6 and 7wt graphite to use with some larger streamers. My project this year has been to target bass and hopefully find some larger bass than I normally do. To tie and use some larger flies for them. Going to see if I can add a couple new species to my "caught" list as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum