Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Non-Fishing Related Discussions » Fishermen helping fishermen » Been away for a while

Been away for a while

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Been away for a while Empty Been away for a while on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:33 am

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Hey all been gone for a long time, possibly 4-5 years although I do see Jeff's posts on facebook.

Just wanted to say hi, I may come on once in a while.  
An update, my son Justin has the unfortunate medical issue that is from his moms side of the family called Gnathodiaphyseal Dysplasia (yeah I can't pronounce it either but the doctor taking care of him can) we have been informed that we are 1 of 5 documented families in the world that has this, in the males their legs break easy, in the females my wife and daughters jaw bone grew which had to be surgically removed and made new.  

He's broken his left tib/fib 5 times, most recently last October where it wasn't healing and they had to put a rod in it.  A year to the date earlier he jumped off a wall and broke his left femur, so yeah you all can call him Wolverine, terminator, iron man to name a few since he has titanium rods in his left leg.

He's 17 now, been involved in Boy Scouts, currently ranked a Life Scout, all he needs to do is his project and board of review and he'll be an Eagle Scout.
Some of you may remember him from the picture Jeff used in the first magazine, I don't remember which picture that was, but here's one of us at Manzanar on the way back from the opener.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Been away for a while Empty Re: Been away for a while on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:53 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Welcome back Devil Dog glad you found your way back to the forum. Sorry to hear about your son. My wife and I understand my 2 kids have a genetic disorder and it is rare my kids are only 6 in the world known of as well. Stay strong and maybe we should get together sometime us and the wives we could share sone war stories of insurance issues and peoples miss guided help.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Been away for a while Empty Re: Been away for a while on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:06 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Good to see you back.

I wish you well with the health issues of your family. The rarer the issue the tougher it is to find a Dr. that can help. Glad you found capable help.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4Been away for a while Empty Re: Been away for a while on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
Oh Rah!
Welcome back to the form.

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum