Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Non-Fishing Related Discussions » Fishermen helping fishermen » What waders do you use?

What waders do you use?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What waders do you use? Empty What waders do you use? on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:00 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
OK next question what type of waders do you use and why do you like them or not?
I use Frogg Togg Hellbender Stockingfoot Guide Pant I like them as I don't need chest-high waders anymore. My Maxxon keeps me high and dry so the Pants waders will do just fine. I have noticed that when I get a fish splashing in the water in front of me you can get pretty wet. So a downside is with no chest protection on a cold day would be pretty rough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2What waders do you use? Empty Re: What waders do you use? on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I have froggtogg canyon I believe. They recently sprung a leak in the foot somewhere at only 3-4 months old. Second pair I've had so not too happy with the frogg togg right now personally.

3What waders do you use? Empty Re: What waders do you use? on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:10 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
When I do wear waders ... I’ve settled on Simm’s after going thru too many waders over the years.
Yes, they are more expensive, but If I were to add up all the $ that I had spent on the waders, I could have bought the G4 waders a few times over and they come with a lifetime warranty from Simm’s.
They are quality built and are much more comfortable to wear than all the other brands that I have ever worn.
I am a firm believer in ... you get what you pay for.

But lately I’ve been wearing the custom fit neoprene Waders Skin Leggins because when I’m setting on my float tube I only get wet from below my knees to my ankles and they are super comfortable to wear.
I have worn the Leggings at big Bear Lake while it was snowing, the water was 54° and the air was 36°.
I was still comfortable.

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4What waders do you use? Empty Re: What waders do you use? on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
I have a pair of Hodgeman breathable chest high waders that are 4 years old. They just started a small leak somewhere in the bootie I can't seem to find. So I just purchased a pair of Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Guide Pants. I can't say anything about the Frogg Toggs yet as I have used them once. The Hodgemans were around $100 bucks so I figure $25 a year is a good deal, and I still may chase down that leak.

I hope this helps.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

5What waders do you use? Empty Re: What waders do you use? on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:39 pm

Hunt

Hunt
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
I was at BassPro last week and in the fly shop there were a couple of waist high breathables marked down to $39.00. One was a small size but since waders usually run large I tried them on and found a perfect fit. They are a bit heavier construction that my regular L.L.Beans but should work out fine.

http://www.integrity-traders.com

6What waders do you use? Empty Re: What waders do you use? on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:35 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
Congrat’s on getting a great price on your new waist high waders! I hope that you get many good years of use out of them!

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7What waders do you use? Empty Re: What waders do you use? on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:38 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I was at BassPro last week and in the fly shop there were a couple of waist high breathables marked down to $39.00. One was a small size but since waders usually run large I tried them on and found a perfect fit. They are a bit heavier construction that my regular L.L.Beans but should work out fine.
Dude that is a great price good score buddy.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8What waders do you use? Empty Re: What waders do you use? on Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:50 am

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:OK next question what type of waders do you use and why do you like them or not?
I use Frogg Togg Hellbender Stockingfoot Guide Pant I like them as I don't need chest-high waders anymore.  My Maxxon keeps me high and dry so the Pants waders will do just fine.  I have noticed that when I get a fish splashing in the water in front of me you can get pretty wet.  So a downside is with no chest protection on a cold day would be pretty rough.

That's what I use! Love them.

9What waders do you use? Empty Re: What waders do you use? on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:11 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I have Dryft waist high waders, second season. So far so good........GT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum