by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:14 am

» Float Tubing waters with gators
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:42 am

» Big News Maxxon Pricing has changed.
by jeffcpr Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 pm

» Another Mod To My Cumberland
by Jerdon Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 pm

by SP Dan Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:00 pm

» FOCL Float Tube Derby Bass Tournament: Castaic Lake :)
by ronniek524 Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:32 pm

» My Braided Line Epic Failure
by OldMan Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

» Beginning of a budget tube
by 87tpita Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:22 pm

» LAB Sunday 9-15-2019
by SP Dan Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:12 pm

» Preferred Species
by OldMan Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 am

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Anchors who uses them????

Anchors who uses them????

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anchors who uses them???? Empty Anchors who uses them???? on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:11 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Just a quick question who uses anchors on their tube if so what do you use and what works for you.  Just wondering out loud I have been thinking about getting one for the harbor could be helpful from time to time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Anchors who uses them???? Empty Re: Anchors who uses them???? on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:04 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I use one now and then, like the one you have in the first picture. Bought it at BPS, rope at ACE. On days when the outgoing tide is really strong, I will use the anchor or if I get caught in the wind. I believe it weighs 7 pounds.
I have the anchor tethered to a chain, 3 ft., chain to rope........GT

3Anchors who uses them???? Empty Re: Anchors who uses them???? on Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:30 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I had one that I made at work with some roundbar. Resembled a grappling hook of sorts. It worked pretty well but idk where I put the damn thing last. Lol.

4Anchors who uses them???? Empty Re: Anchors who uses them???? on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:43 pm

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
I have used one very similar to the first in pix. Only take it when it may be a strong current like at newport. It really saves yur legs!

Sent from Topic'it App

5Anchors who uses them???? Empty Re: Anchors who uses them???? on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:06 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
I’ve never used an anchor but I do use a retractable dog leash attached to my FT; for a 30 pound dog, that I will tether to any buoy or any bridge abutment, for example: underneath the Los Patos Highway Bridge or the 2nd St Bridge(s) in LAB.
It’s lightweight, it’s retractable and it works perfectly for all of my position holding needs.
No extra pounds to carry around and no lengths of rope and or chains tangling up everything.

I highly recommend it.

SP Dan     <“))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

6Anchors who uses them???? Empty Re: Anchors who uses them???? on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I’ve never used an anchor but I do use a retractable dog leash attached to my FT; for a 30 pound dog, that I will tether to any buoy or any bridge abutment bank, for example: underneath the Los Patos Highway Bridge or the 2nd St Bridge(s) in LAB.
It’s lightweight, it’s retractable and it works perfectly for all of my position holding needs.
No extra pounds to carry around and no lengths of rope and or chains tangling up everything.

I highly recommend it.

SP Dan     <“))><

Great point made right there.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7Anchors who uses them???? Empty Re: Anchors who uses them???? on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
For me at Perris the only times I have needed to anchor up it is because of the wind. It turns out when the wind is blowing that hard I can only cast with the wind at my back. Once I get anchored line management becomes the problem. If I can't kick against the wind I let it blow me back to where I started or I drop a spinner bait  and kick for home.

I hope this helps

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

8Anchors who uses them???? Empty Re: Anchors who uses them???? on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:41 pm

MarkG

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
I have one but haven’t used it—-yet. To be honest, I’m lazy so I like to travel as light as possible. I’ll try it when I go to LAH....

9Anchors who uses them???? Empty Re: Anchors who uses them???? on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:57 am

TobyB

TobyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I have an anchor similar to the first picture but never used it. I think out of all the times fishing LAB i wish I woiuld have brought it maybe twice.

10Anchors who uses them???? Empty I use first one on Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:52 am

Redfloat

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I got a 3 lb anchor and put it on a 100' 1/4 inch rope. I have Cumberland float tube and float in Silverwood Lake where breeze is typically 3 mph to (yesterday) 10 mph. Try to let out 2 to 3 times as much rope as you are deep. For example, if you're in 30' of water - float 30' past your desired location...drop anchor...and drift back to your target spot. My nephew has one for his kayak and 3 lb anchor worked for him yesterday too in 3 mph - 7 mph breeze. same kind as your first picture

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum