» 2019 Toy Drive
by jeffcpr Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 pm

» Another Maxxon XPW 240 Raffle
by jeffcpr Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:43 pm

» LAH Sat 10-12-19
by SP Dan Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:18 pm

» First Golden Trout
by Troutbum Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 am

» The 2nd Annual Hookup Bait Tournament Happened!!!
by SP Dan Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:33 am

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's

Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:19 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
So a buddy and I were tubing MDR yesterday. LA County Sheriff's pulled up beside us on their boat and said tubing is not allowed in there. Something about tubes being swim assist or something like that. They could not even provide me with the number to look it up myself. Has anyone ever had this happen at MDR? They weren't rude or anything but I have a feeling it's all BS. They even said that tubing is dangerous because we move slow and all kinds of other junk. Meanwhile you have the stand up paddle boards sprinkled throughout the entire marina and even crossing in front of sail boats giving them minimal room to maneuver. and tubes are the dangerous ones............

2Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:46 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
It sounds to me like they just didn’t want LOLLY “the fish slayer” landing all their fish before they could! LOL

The same thing is occurring yet Isle Grissom.

I wonder if they would change their tune if you were to put electric trolling motor on your float tube?! Very Happy Ha ha ha ha ha ha

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Jerdon

Jerdon
Bummer Lolly.

Do we know if this happens to kayakers as well?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
That is a bummer. I have heard the same happening in LAB. I have never had this happen, but the buddy I tube with said he used to get kicked oiut. This was more towards Davys Launch Ramp.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Jerdon,
Kayakers are in the clear. It only applies to tubers. A buddy of mine looked it up yesterday. He said it is kind of vague but does kind of sort of say that tubing is not allowed. This applies to LA County. Not sure about Orange County.

If you put a trolling motor on it then you would have to register it with the DMV and at that point you would be good. Good luck getting the DMV to register it though.

Bummer...

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Dude this blows I am planning on hitting the LAB on Saturday I will be near the Yacht Club Maybe I will practice standing on my boat, make it look more like a SUP than a tube LOL.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

SP Dan

SP Dan
Careful Jeff ... we both know how that ends up! 🤕 lol

8Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:22 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Still go. I haven't had any trouble the last year

Sent from Topic'it App

9Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:41 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Careful Jeff ... we both know how that ends up! 🤕 lol

LOL so true

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Still go. I haven't had any trouble the last year

I planning to go still going to get some more water time.

Sent from Topic'it App

10Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:31 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
I meant standing up on your float!!! 🤣 Ha ha ha!

11Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:44 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I meant standing up on your float!!! 🤣 Ha ha ha!

Ya I won't ever forget that Dan one of the reasons I have not stood up yet. lol! lol!

12Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:32 pm

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
I have waved and stared directly at the coast guard and have never had an issue. Even fished where the big boats are at next to the gas station in the LAB.

13Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:33 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Never had an issue at LAB either. But it does suck to get kicked out from MDR.

14Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:29 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
I’ve been stopped twice in 3-years and had my fishing license inspected at LAB and one time I was booted out of the Los Alamitos yacht club Marina, but have never been chased off the water like at Isle Grissom.

15Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:15 pm

kin

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I believe a float tube is not recognized as a swim assist device. It is recognized as a vessel by the uscg as stated in a previous discussion of Grissom. Best thing to do is to get clarification from harbor patrol at mdr. It would be news to me that it is banned.

Here is the uscg reference link

Sent from Topic'it App

16Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's  Empty Re: Kicked out of MDR by LA County Sheriff's on Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I believe a float tube is not recognized as a swim assist device. It is recognized as a vessel by the uscg as stated in a previous discussion of Grissom. Best thing to do is to get clarification from harbor patrol at mdr. It would be news to me that it is banned.

Here is the uscg reference link

Sent from Topic'it App

Great post! I would print that letter and go ask Harbor Patrol about it to make sure you cannot Tube MDR.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum