Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » U.S. West Region Introductions and Discussions » Fishing Reports Western Region » LAH Sun 9-8-19 Morning Session + My 4th Legal Hali This Season

LAH Sun 9-8-19 Morning Session + My 4th Legal Hali This Season

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SP Dan

SP Dan
I had a plan of attack in my mind and after two hours of fishing per my plan I only two fish landed .... so I flipped to my plan B .... the half mile kick to my honey hole.
Well, the kick paid off in fish but I was 3/4 mile away from my launch at 10:40 AM and I had to kick against an out going tide. DANG! Smile  Oh well! At least I had the wind blowing me back in toward my launch.

Duration: 06:00 hrs until 12:00 hrs (6 hrs)
Sun Rise: 06:31 hrs
Gray Light: 05:55 hrs
Sun Set: 19:09 hrs
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous
Tidal Conditions: 06:00 hrs 3.5 ft,
07:00 hrs 4 ft, 07:52 hrs HT 4.1 ft, 09:00 hrs 3.9 ft, 10:00 hrs 3.5 ft, 11:00 hrs 3.2 ft, 12:41 hrs LT 2.9 ft  ... etc.
Air temperatures during session: temps ranging from 64 deg to 76
deg.
Water temperatures: 69-70 deg
Water Depths fished: 8 ft to 39 ft
Wind: 06:00 hrs 1-2 mph ESE, 12:00 hrs 5-6 mph ESE.
Water clarity: translucent green.
Water Visibility: 6-7 ft
Tidal Coefficient: (CE) 44 in the morning, this is low and considered a stable rate.
iSolunar Prediction: Major Period: 06:26 hrs until 09:26 hrs.   
(2 out of 4 possible) <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Sea Dogs: (1) one to report
Dolphin: (0) none to report
Pelagic Bird Activity: minimal diving birds to report
Bait Presence: very good signs of bait, schools of shiners surrounding me,  predator fish chasing them and making them jump out of the water during the chase!
Distance kicked: 1.85 miles
Calories Burnt: 678 calories, if walking.

SP Dan's fish count for this morning: 29-fish, 6-species, 2 legals and the Bass Trifecta.
(11) w/ 1 legal Spotty: best 14 1/2"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(10) short Sandy's: best 13 1/4" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(2) short Calico: best 11 1/2[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[b](2) short Kelp Bass: 11 1/2"[b][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[/b][/b]
(3) w/ 1 legal Halibut: best 22 3/8"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(1) Lizard Fish 8 1/4"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That’s all folk’s!
SP Dan        <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Jerdon

Jerdon
After a 6 hour session it is preferable to have the wind blow you back home. 29 fish and a legal hali is great time on the water. Maybe start with plan B some time. Mad

Thanks for sharing

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Yeah buddy. The legal Halibut is a nice treat.

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Typical Jarhead.............hell he probably had plan C and D to bounce Nice hali there Homie..........GT

SP Dan

SP Dan
[quote="Jerdon"]After a 6 hour session it is preferable to have the wind blow you back home. 29 fish and a legal hali is great time on the water. Maybe start with plan B some time.  Mad

Thanks for sharing[/quote

Hi ya Jerdon,
I wanted to try a different direction rather than constantly repeating the same direction and it just didn’t pan out this time but I still had plenty of time to go to my normal spots, I just need to kick a little further and get-in a little bit more exercise.
I was happy to land my fourth legal Hali of the season for sure

SP Dan

SP Dan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yeah buddy. The legal Halibut is a nice treat.

Hey TobyB,
Legal Hali’s are always welcomed on my lap-tray indeed!! Thumbs Up

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
👍

Sent from Topic'it App

SP Dan

SP Dan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Typical Jarhead.............hell he probably had plan C and D to bounce Nice hali there Homie..........GT

A good scout will always have a well planned escape route ready to be implemented when needed.
Plan B was my only go to.
At first I thought it was just a heavy clump of seaweed  because it wasn’t really putting up much a fight and then I thought it was a large calico bass once it did begin to fight and boy was I ever surprised and delighted when I saw it’s belly flash it’s white side at me on the way up to be a Halibut.  Cool YAHOO!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] legal Hali of this season !!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Dam sorry I missed this report nice legal Hali.  But I like the Lizard fish as well LOL.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

SP Dan

SP Dan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Dam sorry I missed this report nice legal Hali.  But I like the Lizard fish as well LOL.

Hi ya Jeff,
That’s kind of funny because I can’t stand hooking lizard fish nor Barracuda neither! They both unnecessarily tear-up my baits and I get super slimed taking them off my hooks. 🤣  

I’ll strike you a deal Jeff ... I’ll land the Hali’s and you can land the Lizards!  Very Happy  lol

SP Dan     <“))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum