FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Umbrella rig
by jmytuna Today at 9:49 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Today at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Storage options behind seats

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Storage options behind seats Empty Storage options behind seats Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:41 pm

87tpita

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

So I got the new seven bass one Float Tube. Quite a bit different from the two previous Caddis float tubes I've used. Only four D rings on the entire tube so I'm going to have to take advantage of the mesh floor area behind the seat. Trying to figure out a designs or other options to do back there, other than just a 5 gallon bucket or a dry bag. Wondering if anybody here as done some crazy rod holders or possibly movable shelf storage? If you got pics I'd love to see them.thanks

2Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:42 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Behind the seat rod holder on my SG 170
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:04 am

87tpita

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Very nice

4Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I usually keep a small ice chest behind my seat. Either for cold beverages and snacks or to keep tackle or extra clothes dry as I shed them

5Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:54 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I am with floatingbassturd I sometimes carry a small cooler for extra tackle storage or the battery for my Garmin Striker4.

6Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:45 pm

87tpita

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Are you guys dealing with a mesh bow also? I've seen the ones that actually have PVC material or at least partial PVC or vinyl Maybe. Id be worried about tearing the mesh with the weight of a cooler. Maybe im over thinking this though due to its buoyancy. We'll just have to be careful while loading and the unloading into the water.

7Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:14 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

87tpita wrote:Are you guys dealing with a mesh bow also? I've seen the ones that actually have PVC material or at least partial PVC or vinyl Maybe. Id be worried about tearing the mesh with the weight of a cooler. Maybe im over thinking this though due to its buoyancy. We'll just have to be careful while loading and the unloading into the water.

I have a Cumberland with the mesh net behind the seat, or in the bow, as some call it. Five years of use so far with no visible damage at all, and I put a 5 gallon bucket in there almost every trip.

8Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am

87tpita

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Good deal, if you had to guess the weight once your packed what are you thinking. 5,10,15 lbs? Thanks for all the input guys

9Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:13 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My Cumberland has the mesh.

Sent from Topic'it App

10Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

87tpita wrote:Good deal, if you had to guess the weight once your packed what are you thinking. 5,10,15 lbs? Thanks for all the input guys

When I head down to the lake with my gear in the bucket it weighs 7 or 8 pounds.

Once I attach my landing net, stripping apron, and fish finder to the tube the bucket looks like this

Add a jacket or whatever

And it still only weighs 4 pounds.

I hope this helps

11Storage options behind seats Empty Re: Storage options behind seats Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:49 pm

87tpita

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

It definitely does thank you very much

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum