FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tube n00b

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Float Tube n00b Empty Float Tube n00b Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:30 am

cavedog619

cavedog619
FTFF Gathering Officer

Hello everybody, I'm in San Diego and a long time angler. After years of shore pounding the bays and lakes I got myself a kayak last year and have been out at least twice a month ever since. I'd like to get out more often so I decide to give float tubing a try. I was doing some research for my first FT and that's how I came across this forum.

2Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:04 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome cavedog619 so glad you are looking into Float Tube fishing, the fact is compared to a Kayak it is much easier to get to and from the water. I am sure you will find it to be a great way to fish. Do you know what you are looking for?
Ask questions the guys here will dial you in and answer any questions you might have. Once again welcome to the dark side and good luck in your quest for more time on the water.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hi ya cavedog619,

I’m glad to have ya aboard the FTFF site Sir!

I had a Hobie Outback (white 2014 Hobie when they first attached the transponder to the bottom of the hull) and it was completely set-up for fishing but it was too heavy and too much work each time I wanted to plan a session.

I didn’t have a trailer nor a pickup truck, so I ended up having to put it on top of my Toyota 4-Runner’s roof-rack, it was way too much work.

So I had also; like yourself, found FTFF just over 3 1/2 years ago and have been float tube fishing with an OCFD passion ever sense.  Cool lol

I have to openly admit cavedog619, that I have been looking for a white 9-foot Hobie Sport Kayak- with the Mirage-Drive that would fit inside of my Toyota 4-runner.

I look forward to reading a few of your fish reports in the near future sir! Thumbs Up

PS ... I have fished Mission Bay about six times and luv it down there! Thumbs Up

SP Dan      <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome aboard cavedog619!!!

Searching for a tube was how I found this forum as well. Let your budget tell you what you like. The Cumberland is affordable ($160), tough, and light. Do some searches on the brands you are interested in and you will see all kinds of reports on float tubes and pontoons.

I hope you enjoy the site.

5Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:41 pm

cavedog619

cavedog619
FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the welcome. I haven’t decided on a specific brand yet. I agree that I can get more time on the water without having to load up a kayak and gear, btw, ’07 Hobie Outback v1 mirage drive. I’ll probably need room for my crate and fish finder (and 12v lithium power box). I was looking at the specs for the Outcast Fat Cat 4 and it looks like it’ll serve my needs. I’ve been trolling OfferUp and Craigslist for a used one. There’s a whole lot of information on here and it’s like drinking from a fire hose.

6Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:12 am

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

If you have the budget I have a 7 bass explorer and absolutely love it. It fits everything with room to spare and I recently put a trolling motor on it which was an absolute game changer. I can go much further without worry of wind making it difficult to get back to where I started. With a weight capacity of 450 pounds or so it is plenty for my fat ass and all my stuff.

7Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:38 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Floatingbassturd wrote:If you have the budget I have a 7 bass explorer and absolutely love it. It fits everything with room to spare and I recently put a trolling motor on it which was an absolute game changer. I can go much further without worry of wind making it difficult to get back to where I started. With a weight capacity of 450 pounds or so it is plenty for my fat ass and all my stuff.

Floatingbassturd is not kidding,

When we were all at lake Perris; for the Toy Drive, the wind started to pick up around 10 AM and the majority of us started kicking-our-way-back toward the boat launch ... but not Floatingbassturd, he motor’d all the way across the lake against the Santa Ana winds, he fished for a while over there and then it motor’d his fat ass with all of his stuff all the way back across the lake, right back to the boat ramp and got there when we all did! lol
He really does have a pretty impressive motorized float tube!

You should check his ride out!  Thumbs Up  

SP Dan      <“))><

8Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:27 pm

cavedog619

cavedog619
FTFF Gathering Officer

SP Dan wrote:
Floatingbassturd wrote:If you have the budget I have a 7 bass explorer and absolutely love it. It fits everything with room to spare and I recently put a trolling motor on it which was an absolute game changer. I can go much further without worry of wind making it difficult to get back to where I started. With a weight capacity of 450 pounds or so it is plenty for my fat ass and all my stuff.

When we were all at lake Perris; for the Toy Drive, the wind started to pick up around 10 AM and the majority of us started kicking-our-way-back toward the boat launch ... but not Floatingbassturd, he motor’d all the way across the lake against the Santa Ana winds, he fished for a while over there and then it motor’d his fat ass with all of his stuff all the way back across the lake, right back to the boat ramp and got there when we all did! lol

SP Dan      <“))><

I’ll check it out. I did come across the 7 Bass Explorer. Buy once cry once. I’ll do some more research before I make a decision. I’m in no hurry. Looks like spring before I’ll be able to do anything.

9Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:27 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

cavedog619 wrote:
SP Dan wrote:

SP Dan      <“))><

I’ll check it out. I did come across the 7 Bass Explorer. Buy once cry once. I’ll do some more research before I make a decision. I’m in no hurry. Looks like spring before I’ll be able to do anything.
I have a used Cumberland for sale

SP Dan      <"))><

10Float Tube n00b Empty Re: Float Tube n00b Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:59 pm

cavedog619

cavedog619
FTFF Gathering Officer

SP Dan wrote:I have a used Cumberland for sale

SP Dan      <"))><

Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum