» Dave Scadden Rampage Pontoon Boat to sell
by SP Dan Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 am

» Spotties at Huntington Harbor 8.18.19
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 pm

» LAH Wed After Work 8-21-2019
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm

» Anouncement for the 2nd Annual HUB Tournament in Oct
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 pm

» How many Women Float Tubers do we have here?
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

» FS: SevenBass Design Element Float Tube Package Deal!
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins?

Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:24 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Doing some research on gear that I need to pick up and looking at some fins.

Does anyone use or have tried the scuba pro twin jet max fins? I found a deal for half off on the close foot ones and thinking about pulling the trigger, but thought I would get some feedback first if possible.

http://www.socalmeatup.com

2Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:07 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Never heard of them what is the cost, I my self just like the simple dive fins, with heal clip strap. I will look them up later if I get a chance would like to see what they look like. cyclops

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:30 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Open heel is the way to go, just in case your going to wear booties or just the neoprene sock. I do a lot of scuba diving and I go from dry suit to wet suit each has a different booty. I have around 5 different Sets of fins if you want to try some out before you buy?

4Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:29 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Never heard of them what is the cost, I my self just like the simple dive fins, with heal clip strap. I will look them up later if I get a chance would like to see what they look like. cyclops

Here is a pic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:49 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Open heel is the way to go, just in case your going to wear booties or just the neoprene sock. I do a lot of scuba diving and I go from dry suit to wet suit each has a different booty. I have around 5 different Sets of fins if you want to try some out before you buy?

When I got my free diving certification so I can learn to spear fish back on 06 the trainers told me open heel is fine for scuba when you need to wear a boot or dry suit, but because of the loose fit you lose about 5-10% of thrust per stroak. However because of the really tight and snug fit of a full foot fin you don't have that problem. They actually have their mono fins molded to fit their foot exactly when they compete or go for records.

I have tried open heel fins and really don't like the fit at all. Just too much play in the shoe / fin for me. Most people say open heel to keep yoru feet warm, but since I use either 5 or 7mm neoprene my feet never get cold. I wear 7mm full foot sock with my sub garas free diving fins and even after lobster diving aliso rocks in dec for 3-4 hours straight my feet never got cold so not sure why guys say you get cold in full foot fins.

6Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:05 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
There you go, get those fins. The price sounds good. Scubapro makes great gear.

7Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Those are good looking fins, looks like a great set to get.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Look good to me, all I can say is take your waders to the store and try them on before you buy. Sometimes close out means no returns and no exchange after purchase =(.

9Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:43 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Look good to me, all I can say is take your waders to the store and try them on before you buy. Sometimes close out means no returns and no exchange after purchase =(.

Yep.

10Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? Empty Re: Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins? on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Unfortunately waders are yet another thing on my list of items to get. I think i'm going to get the waders first and then order the fins online since the sale is 50% off as a close out item.

Hopefully I can find waders that don't have a foot so I can just use my own neoprene sock instead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum