Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » First Spinner Bait Bass

First Spinner Bait Bass

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First Spinner Bait Bass Empty First Spinner Bait Bass on Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Who remembers their first Spinner Bait Bass?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember watching Hank Parking throwing his spinner bait with that little pistol grip rod under trees and such. From the shore the spinner bait is tough to position, but from the tube it was perfect.

I caught my first bass while trolling the spinner bait really. I was kicking from one spot to get a better angle on some trees and just dragging  the spinner bait along the bottom. All of a sudden bam, my rod just bent and I had a bass on. I was in 13 feet of water or so and was caught completely off guard.

At any rate does anyone else care to share?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

2First Spinner Bait Bass Empty Re: First Spinner Bait Bass on Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:50 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
You know I have never caught on a spinner bait.  Hope I can still be on the board LOL.  Now its not for lack of trying because I also remember watch Hank and Bill work them like gold.  
All my hard earned money went into a very nice collection of Spinner Baits.  They all saw water time for many years but no love for me.  Its a wonder I still fish after those tough years LOL.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3First Spinner Bait Bass Empty Re: First Spinner Bait Bass on Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
You brought up spinnerbaits I my trip down the river I got a 13 inch trout on 1of my old spinnerbait the water temperature was 48 it made me laugh gentlemen have a great day. :[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4First Spinner Bait Bass Empty Re: First Spinner Bait Bass on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I have never caught a spinnerbait fish from the tube. I remember it was 1998 and it was the day after I got back from our washington dc trip in the 8th grade. My dad kept me home from school and he tokk me and my sister to Newport Bay for hte day and we rented the a skiff from Davys Locker. I used a chartruese spinner bait and caught a 12 inch sandbass from under a dock. It was the only fish I caught that day but it was a memorable one.

5First Spinner Bait Bass Empty Re: First Spinner Bait Bass on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:23 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
That is a cool way to remember your Spinner Bait story.   Great job and great memories TobyB

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6First Spinner Bait Bass Empty Re: First Spinner Bait Bass on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You brought up spinnerbaits I my trip down the river I got a 13 inch trout on 1of my old spinnerbait the water temperature was 48 it made me laugh gentlemen have a great day. :[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Was it an inline spinner bait? I have caught plenty of trout on the inline spinners, but never with the double blade or clothespin style.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

7First Spinner Bait Bass Empty Re: First Spinner Bait Bass on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 pm

kin

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Spinner bait are one of my favorite baits to use year round for green bass. I usually have one tied on at all times whenever I’m beating the bank or on a boat. My first time seeing how effective they were was when I started to fish again. Not knowing what I was doing, I used a crappie spinner combined with a 5” grub to see what it actually does. Upon my third cast and retrieve, I had two bass chase down the spinner but didn’t commit. From that point on I had a lot of confidence in them.
My first bass wasn’t anything short of disappointing either. I was throwing a fire tiger 3/8oz blade with a chrt/pepper trailer in February. I got lot of feed back from folks telling me I won’t get anything since it was cold out and the water was far from clear. I was working some riprap with some fallen trees around. The take wasn’t anything mind blowing, just felt my rod loading up before I saw it surface. A healthy 6lb bass inhaled it. This told me I can catch fish year round as long as I’m fishing in the right areas.
my best day, I couldn’t keep the bass off the thing. Bent three lures and didn’t have any extra. My favorite color is now chrt shad with double willow blades. I prefer to fish them shallow around ambush points/drop offs.
The funny thing is, i don’t like to throw spinnerbaits in the salt that much. I could never find the right conditions to fish them in, or I have other things I have more confidence in to find fish. My first salt water bass was on a reebs spinner bait I got from a raffle at one of our get togethers. I was throwing them next to dock pilings around eel grass beds at Newport. It was a 17” sand bass that gave a terrific fight, but I haven’t caught anything since. Maybe this year I’ll throw them more often to work areas faster? But if you haven’t thrown one, I suggest you do so. Sometimes they are really hard to beat.

8First Spinner Bait Bass Empty Re: First Spinner Bait Bass on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I caught on spinner bait when the fish were hiding out lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum