Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Fill float tubes with a shop vac?

Fill float tubes with a shop vac?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fill float tubes with a shop vac? Empty Fill float tubes with a shop vac? on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Komori

Komori
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I heard somewhere that you can inflate a FishCat float tube with a shop vac.  Is there attachments so the valve will fit?

2Fill float tubes with a shop vac? Empty Re: Fill float tubes with a shop vac? on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I have not heard this pretty interesting to say the least hope we can find more info.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Fill float tubes with a shop vac? Empty Re: Fill float tubes with a shop vac? on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:27 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I use the shop vac all the time. I just open the valve and put the hose over it. Tube makes a decent enough seal to get it mostly full. Then use the pump to make it firm. Fills in a second that way.

4Fill float tubes with a shop vac? Empty Re: Fill float tubes with a shop vac? on Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:28 pm

Komori

Komori
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Floatingbassturd.. (I don't even like typing your "name".  You can't be that bad.  I hope!  Anyway thank you for the reply.  I usually use my air compressor, which is awesome to fill float tubes quickly, but it's not working until I can fix it, so I thought I'd try the shop vac method.

5Fill float tubes with a shop vac? Empty Re: Fill float tubes with a shop vac? on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:16 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
I look forward to reading your review after having experienced the two methods of inflation Komori.

One of the priorities to me is that whether it’s an efficient hand or a foot bellow pump or shop vac, I also need it to be extremely silent because I’m out there next to people’s homes and or bedroom windows at 5:00 - 5:30 AM, sometimes inflating a float tube can get rather noisy, I know that you can appreciate my concern to be  stealth and polite yet still have a great session.

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

6Fill float tubes with a shop vac? Empty Re: Fill float tubes with a shop vac? on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Floatingbassturd.. (I don't even like typing your "name".  You can't be that bad.  I hope!  Anyway thank you for the reply.  I usually use my air compressor, which is awesome to fill float tubes quickly, but it's not working until I can fix it, so I thought I'd try the shop vac method.

I'll be honest, my friends tend to say I'm the nicest a**hole around. I have a way of being brutally honest while keeping it humorous.

7Fill float tubes with a shop vac? Empty Re: Fill float tubes with a shop vac? on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:49 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan
So true Dave! Very Happy Ha ha ha!

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

8Fill float tubes with a shop vac? Empty Re: Fill float tubes with a shop vac? on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
I use a shop vac to fill the kiddie pool in the summer. I have not used it on the tube but am sure it would wok. Like Komori I use my air compressor to fill my float tubes when I let all the air out.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum