FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Empty Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:13 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So, I live pretty close to this lake. Im always by it and wonder if I can float tube this lake? Or is it even safe to do so. I understand it was or is a dirty lake. Where can I launch? Is it decent fishing? Anyone tube here? Any info would be appreciated

SP Dan and Pablosparky like this post

2Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Empty Re: Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:30 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I fish it in and off but never from a tube. It’s doable especially around the area with timber close by. However, it is also the only lake without a speed limit. There are A LOT of speed boaters out there and it can prove difficult/sketchy to fish further out on the lake. If you need a place to launch, I would choose a r/v park or a marina to launch from. They usually are nestled between some tree lines.

I fished there two weeks ago at the lake elsinor r/v camp ground/marina off the west side. I was targeting carp and didn’t get much besides the odd catfish. A few weeks prior i knocked them dead.

There are bass, bluegill, crappie, catfish and even wipers in the lake. William owns the bait shop off launch pointe and has done a lot to reinvigorate the fishing by planting more game fish. There are also shad spawns in there too. The water isn’t the best but they have been adding whenever they can to improve the lake conditions. A few years ago they had a die off in the summer due to poor water quality nearshore. Best of luck out there!

Test Tackles, SP Dan and Pablosparky like this post

3Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Empty Re: Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:30 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

kin wrote:I fish it in and off but never from a tube. It’s doable especially around the area with timber close by. However, it is also the only lake without a speed limit. There are A LOT of speed boaters out there and it can prove difficult/sketchy to fish further out on the lake. If you need a place to launch, I would choose a r/v park or a marina to launch from. They usually are nestled between some tree lines.

I fished there two weeks ago at the lake elsinor r/v camp ground/marina off the west side. I was targeting carp and didn’t get much besides the odd catfish. A few weeks prior i knocked them dead.

There are bass, bluegill, crappie, catfish and even wipers in the lake. William owns the bait shop off launch pointe and has done a lot to reinvigorate the fishing by planting more game fish. There are also shad spawns in there too.  The water isn’t the best but they have been adding whenever they can to improve the lake conditions. A few years ago they had a die off in the summer due to poor water quality nearshore. Best of luck out there!

Great information being shared as usual Kin!  Thumbs Up  
Thank you.
You are the MAN!

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

kin likes this post

4Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Empty Re: Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:25 am

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

kin wrote:I fish it in and off but never from a tube. It’s doable especially around the area with timber close by. However, it is also the only lake without a speed limit. There are A LOT of speed boaters out there and it can prove difficult/sketchy to fish further out on the lake. If you need a place to launch, I would choose a r/v park or a marina to launch from. They usually are nestled between some tree lines.

There are bass, bluegill, crappie, catfish and even wipers in the lake. William owns the bait shop off launch pointe and has done a lot to reinvigorate the fishing by planting more game fish. There are also shad spawns in there too.  The water isn’t the best but they have been adding whenever they can to improve the lake conditions. A few years ago they had a die off in the summer due to poor water quality nearshore. Best of luck out there!

Thanks.Dan, any idea where the fallen timber is? I cant find it on a map and the waters seems sludgy, too dark on satellite image to see timber lol. I figured that would be my best bet to avoid speed boaters as well as probably fishing on a weekday lol. Is William a member here?

5Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Empty Re: Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:12 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

William is not a member here unfortunately but he is relatively active on Facebook under “Williams bait and tackle”. Look up launch point on the map, there are trees growing in the water on the north side of the beach. It’s fenced off from walking but you can tube past the fence to fish in the trees. Hard part is walking your tube from the lot to where you launch. They no longer allow you to drive all the way up to the shoreline like they did years prior.

Over at “lake Elsinor marina&RV resort” there are trees growing out of the water too on both sides.

Depth is the hard part about this lake, but the fish don’t seem to mind. Satellite view of this lake can show you where there are areas with Trees growing in the water.

If you are looking for submerged timber, I suggest going more towards the east end but I’ve never been over there to check it out myself. Good luck out there

Test Tackles likes this post

6Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Empty Re: Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

kin wrote:William is not a member here unfortunately but he is relatively active on Facebook under “Williams bait and tackle”. Look up launch point on the map, there are trees growing in the water on the north side of the beach. It’s fenced off from walking but you can tube past the fence to fish in the trees. Hard part is walking your tube from the lot to where you launch. They no longer allow you to drive all the way up to the shoreline like they did years prior.

Over at “lake Elsinor marina&RV resort” there are trees growing out of the water too on both sides. Also thanks for this info

Depth is the hard part about this lakeg, but the fish don’t seem to mind. Satellite view of this lake can show you whe4re there are areas with Trees growing in the water.

If you are looking for submerged timber, I suggest going more towards the east end but I’ve never been over there to check it out myself. Good luck out there

Do you float tube it? If so maybe we can link up? Ive always been iffy about Elsinore due to my wife's stories cuz she grew up by it. And i never really see fishing reports about bass in there

7Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Empty Re: Anyone ever fish Lake Elsinore? Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:05 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Unfortunately, I do not tube it. That's one of those lakes where I'm much happier sitting on shore under some shade and watch a bobber. The heat is brutal during the summer/fall. Also doesn't help that I'm an hour away from the lake hah.

So there are some good bass in there. I've seen fish up to about 8lbs come up during the spring. They are either keyed in the shad spawn or the crappie. It's a difficult lake to fish bass because of such poor water clarity. Of the bass i've seen come up, most were on reaction baits such as cranks, underspins and the universal mini jig in bright coloration. I'd personally would throw reaction baits all day just to cover the water (cranks and spinner baits probably). It's so shallow that I'd rather not waste my time throwing plastics unless I find an area holding a decent amount of fish. Then again, I don't normally fish bass in this lake so take it with a huge grain of salt. But definitely reach out to william for the low down on lake conditions and fish patterns!

Test Tackles likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum