FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» CAPERLAN - FLTB FI+
by jeffcpr Today at 5:35 pm

» The 11th Annual FTFF Toy Drive
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Huntington Harbor 10/24 Semi live report
by jeffcpr Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:02 pm

» The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review
by FloatTubeIQ Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:45 pm

» Float Plus 1
by FloatTubeIQ Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:34 pm

» Oct 18th MPA zoom meeting
by jeffcpr Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:25 pm

» Hit up Perris today
by SP Dan Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:17 pm

» It does not get easier
by SP Dan Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:05 pm

» New FLTB FI+
by jeffcpr Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:36 pm

» 'Flip fins' and other fins suited for walking?
by jeffcpr Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:54 pm

» E_Zine Volume 6: Issue 3:
by jeffcpr Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:40 pm

» Just love this advertising video
by Jerdon Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:56 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Done did it again

Done did it again

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Done did it again Empty Done did it again Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:41 am

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Hello again guys, since Bucks bags never got back to me about when they will have new tubes like the Mustang and Bullet HC available. I came across this like new Bucks bags Bullet Hc and talked the guy down from $300 ti $190 on ebay. Tonight after I get off work i will nflate it, leave it overnight and see if I made a sound choice lol. Wow my tube actually ised to look like his? Hahahaha. I have a lot of trust In bucks bags as I've had mine a good 7 years and have been using it the whole time with Nary a leak, tear, or issue. But my tube is very faded lol . pictured here are both tubes. Wish me luck gents[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Litefoot and Pablosparky like this post

2Done did it again Empty Re: Done did it again Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:49 am

Only Dinkss

Only Dinkss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hello again guys, since Bucks bags never got back to me about when they will have new tubes like the Mustang and Bullet HC available. I came across this like new Bucks bags Bullet Hc and talked the guy down from $300 ti $190 on ebay. Tonight after I get off work i will nflate it, leave it overnight and see if I made a sound choice lol. Wow my tube actually ised to look like his? Hahahaha. I have a lot of trust In bucks bags as I've had mine a good 7 years and have been using it the whole time with Nary a leak, tear, or issue. But my tube is very faded lol . pictured here are both tubes. Wish me luck gents[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Congrats!!! That is the definition of old faithful right there.
Have you had any other brand tubes to compare to? It looks really comfortable.

3Done did it again Empty Re: Done did it again Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:39 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hello again guys, since Bucks bags never got back to me about when they will have new tubes like the Mustang and Bullet HC available. I came across this like new Bucks bags Bullet Hc and talked the guy down from $300 ti $190 on ebay. Tonight after I get off work i will nflate it, leave it overnight and see if I made a sound choice lol. Wow my tube actually ised to look like his? Hahahaha. I have a lot of trust In bucks bags as I've had mine a good 7 years and have been using it the whole time with Nary a leak, tear, or issue. But my tube is very faded lol . pictured here are both tubes. Wish me luck gents[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes I had a buddy let me borrow the old Cumberlamd. Tbh it was more spacious and comfortable to me. But being that it is consistently over 100 degrees out this way i opted to compromise just a little of comfort for being cooler and sitting lower in the water. I also have trouble carrying over 45 pounds for the trek i have to make at perris to launch.  This tube is also easier for me to paddle in as i can use my whole leg muscles instead of just  knees down. I don't know why but I also feel like I personally move faster in this tube. I only measured by watching how fast the shoreline moved as I went. The Cumberland also was heavier and unwieldy for me to carry stemming from military injuries and jumping out of airplanes. So all in all I made some compromises for portability, comfort, and for me ease of use aka paddling, weight, etc. Etc. Etc. It also would work better for me when I take trips out to the Sierra Nevada's or back home to New Mexico where one of those kayak Dollys would suck to take lol. Maybe one day I'll get a cumberland, who knows man but as I understand it they're an excellent tube but have issues with the bladders leaking from time to time. Or maybe ill purchase whats pictured here one day. This newer one was a just in case my old one goes out or my son or misses wants to go with me tube. My son os 13 now and ia curious to see if he'll like float tube fishing. He recently caught his first bass where he picked his own lure, picked his own spot and caught his very own first 3 pound bass so he may have caught the bug lol[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Done did it again Empty Re: Done did it again Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:21 pm

Only Dinkss

Only Dinkss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yes I had a buddy let me borrow the old Cumberlamd. Tbh it was more spacious and comfortable to me. But being that it is consistently over 100 degrees out this way i opted to compromise just a little of comfort for being cooler and sitting lower in the water. I also have trouble carrying over 45 pounds for the trek i have to make at perris to launch.  This tube is also easier for me to paddle in as i can use my whole leg muscles instead of just  knees down. I don't know why but I also feel like I personally move faster in this tube. I only measured by watching how fast the shoreline moved as I went. The Cumberland also was heavier and unwieldy for me to carry stemming from military injuries and jumping out of airplanes. So all in all I made some compromises for portability, comfort, and for me ease of use aka paddling, weight, etc. Etc. Etc. It also would work better for me when I take trips out to the Sierra Nevada's or back home to New Mexico where one of those kayak Dollys would suck to take lol. Maybe one day I'll get a cumberland, who knows man but as I understand it they're an excellent tube but have issues with the bladders leaking from time to time. Or maybe ill purchase whats pictured here one day. This newer one was a just in case my old one goes out or my son or misses wants to go with me tube. My son os 13 now and ia curious to see if he'll like float tube fishing. He recently caught his first bass where he picked his own lure, picked his own spot and caught his very own first 3 pound bass so he may have caught the bug lol[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for posting this!!! Im gonna look into getting something like that for the summer time!! My friend has the Cumberland but i like my fishcat more! The fishcat is alot more stable, the cumberland flexes alot. I also sit up a little higer and the fishcat handles the waves alot better. Overall the Cumberland is a good tube for the price!! Thats awesome that he got his first bass like that!!! Yeah he is definitely gonna be glued to fishing now!!!

5Done did it again Empty Re: Done did it again Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:44 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Dude you can see how much use you got out of your old Buck's Bags. The New tube looks great I sure it will hold air and you got a good deal bro. The Cumberland is a great tube, but as you make your case I can see that you got what works best for you. The tube makes no difference once you are on the fish right. Thanks for sharing and great find.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men

Test Tackles, Litefoot and Pablosparky like this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Done did it again Empty Re: Done did it again Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:47 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Congrats on the new to you tube.

I hope you enjoy the journey.

Thanks for sharing