FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Today at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Today at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Today at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help to build up a good set of fly's and ji's

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So im new to fishing for bass and casting and retrieving. I have always only used a piece of fish on a hook and tost it in. Today i went out for the fist time on my tube in L.A.B. and i'm very happy to say that The U.S.S ULY haves past it's maiden voyage. The Lizard fish had all the beach area on lock, they where chasing the small bait fish and i had to deploy the casting net for some live bait. This was the only reason i even had a real chances of getting onto the bigger fish. So in total 2 Hali one was about 10" on a live bait with tail trim off. The other was a smaller 7" that i got using a strip of squid on a jig with a green head and green rubber and a silver belly with glitter. I also was able to get about 8-10 Lizard fish ranging from 5"-12". I also got a small bass about 6".So after having a lot of fun and trying to figure out how to control the U.S.S.Uly. Making turn, trying to get from A to B making up for the current and not freaking out when the fish finder go's off showing larger fish under my tube. I have a Hummingbird 160 and it work??? Need some recommendations for more jigs and lures???

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

thats a great report i wish i could have made it out there with you sound like fun and you will get better on the controlling of the tube i had a hard time controlling my first one and when i got the hang of it i got a new one and it was totally different i was scare i was going to flip over but any way sound like you are all set up and ready to fish any where on different lures i use a lot og gulp muleets and shads on a t rig and it works for me but you got to find what works for you a lot of guys use jig heads and i cant get a single bit on them but i seen guys out fish me a lot with the jig heads and some time i see them switch over to the t rig and the dont get a bit . i was told it in the attude and the style of fishing and confidence in your self and your lure but like i said its what works for you
Ed

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Mendozauly Ed speaks the truth, it is what you are confortable with. But if you are looking for some ideas the gulp baits work well for starters. You can also pick up some big hammer swim baits there link is on our board. Great swim bait there are alot of different types out there but the are what most people fish.
Me I like curly tail grubs white is my got color but that is just me. There are many different types there as well. If you like in the FTFF store there is a list of lures we are selling here on the forum check it out any question just ask.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ah yes i do use a lot of gurbs also to me they are called mullets. curly tail are great caught a huge hali on a gurb - mullet and white is gooooood color and my goto color is rootbeer w/gold flakes and i am sure jeff will hook you up with some so yes the forum store with set you up nicely wow

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great thanks for the info, I'm looking for something for bluegill/sunfish (fresh water), hali's and any other fish i could trick into biting. Also this was a problem I had yesterday when i was fishing at L.A.B. They would only bite on the end of the tail. Any Idea's to solve this ??? Im new to jeck bait's or jibs so ill rater cach and release than to never know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum