FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by jeffcpr Today at 11:05 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lake Perris rock climers cove

+9
harptube
Tubinferbass
jeffcpr
Fisher
HEADCASE881
LGHT
Kelster
n2deepfsw
Konacrush
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:33 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Woke up and the wife said she was doing some errns and asked if I would like to join her I declined and went fishing. Lately the day before the storm and after one moved has moved out the weather has been perfect but the fish seem to lazy. I kicked to the corner of the water tower along the weed line. I never fished that so I gave it a swing and casted my crawdad pastic texas rig in a patch of nice green tules and a couple hops on the bottom and I feel her strike hook set and horse her in ( for got to loosen the drag) least it wasn't too loose I've had that happen too but I landed a 1 1/2- 2 lber nothing to bragg about but just wanted to post a perris post to all my buddies I love you water temp is 62 lots of fish just being picky also shout out to Jon who I met hes a fellow tuber and I told him to hit this site up were heading to DVL to kill stripers tuesday Ill post my first DVL report cause I've never been there well be fishing off the rental boats wish us luck

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

2Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:25 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the report konacrush and good luck Tuesday.

3Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:28 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Mahalo N2deep will do

4Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:55 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Good luck out there at DVL.

5Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:48 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

How do you setup your crawdads?? I tried to fish with a few small ones and the thing swims in circles and after 3-4 cast my line is twist to #$%#$% I thought about a leader, but still couldn't figure out why the thing does barrel rolls all the way in!

6Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:54 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Right on kona at least some one is hittting the water.......ill be fishing somewhere on thur let me no if u wanna join

7Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:13 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice at least u got one better then nothin lght u might have the hook off the the side of the bait get it straight with the bait and it shouldnt twist kona if u want some company let me no ill go out with u on tues

8Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:17 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great report thanks and good luck out in DVL should do well I am sure. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

9Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I;ll hit you up on the telly

10Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey lght I texas rig my plastic crawdads 1/4oz bullet weight but for live crawdads i havent got a clue never tried but I am sure willing to some lady got a 12lmb at the launch ramp LP using live craws nice let me know if you find out

11Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey kona you try that trout swim bait at perris yet ive been meanin to try mine

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

12Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:30 pm

harptube

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

For live dads I fold the tail like its swiming and run the hook Thru bottom side up and use a very slow retrive and a lot of times you can barely feel the strike but any small bump set it cat burgler

13Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya not sure about hookin live dads only used them one time and i just hooked it in the tail and trow it out didnt have to worry about reeling it in everytime i trow one out i had a fish on

14Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:15 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

LGHT wrote:How do you setup your crawdads?? I tried to fish with a few small ones and the thing swims in circles and after 3-4 cast my line is twist to #$%#$% I thought about a leader, but still couldn't figure out why the thing does barrel rolls all the way in!

Live Crawdads tail or nose hook flyline work on bottom real slow stiching the line. when the crawdad starts move or swim faster get ready to set the hook because the crawdad is trying to get away from something.

http://bassinthehood.com

15Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:35 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Konacrush wrote:Hey lght I texas rig my plastic crawdads 1/4oz bullet weight but for live crawdads i havent got a clue never tried but I am sure willing to some lady got a 12lmb at the launch ramp LP using live craws nice let me know if you find out
they have craw dads at the bait shop at perris sometimes just gotta keep an eye out for them

16Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:03 pm

harptube

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

You talking about the liquor store on perris & ramona exp wy

17Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

na the bait shop by the marina on the sail cove side
a buddy of mine was getting them durring the summer

18Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:16 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

n2deepfsw wrote:Thanks for the report konacrush and good luck Tuesday.

X2

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

19Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Tubinferbass wrote:Hey kona you try that trout swim bait at perris yet ive been meanin to try mine
ya I've thrown the spro but I'm gonna throw it more tomorrow videos and pictures to comw if we Hanapa'a But I love that swim bait it looks so real

20Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:42 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

thanks for all the tips on the crawdads. I caught one at laguna lake after about 30 min and a few guys swore I would get a huge bass, but I think I was rushing it and just not allowing it to sink on the bottom then something took it because I had a split and probably missed the bite.

21Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good luck tomorrow kona. I know theres a good striper bite by the east dam. Try a lil shad baits n cut anchoviesl. Lookin forward to ur post.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

22Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:54 pm

socalEMT

socalEMT
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

good luck kona. the spro sb is awesome. i was usin the 8inch last year and its flat out amazing looking. had a couple of followers but only got a 2 pounder to hit it. try messin with it on a straight retrieve and a flick of the rod, almost like walkin a spook, will get it to do a nice 180. its pretty killer on followers, its like the bait is challenging them

23Lake Perris rock climers cove Empty Re: Lake Perris rock climers cove Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice try on the fishing at the south side Jason. The fishes are getting a bit finicky. Let us know how you do are DVL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum