FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to the forum and to the tube

+6
ed5000x
jeffcpr
n2deepfsw
Tubinferbass
MASSfisher
TheHegemon
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to the forum and to the tube Empty New to the forum and to the tube Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:42 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey there!

I just got a tube this past weekend and plan to be using it as often as I can. I was referred here by another member from another forum. Thanks btw LGHT!

From what I've looked through so far, everyone seems really nice and helpful. Hope to see some of you guys on the water soon.

BTW, I'm planning my first outing this Saturday at Lake Perris in the AM. Never been to Perris or float tubin before (I know, I'm a brave man green happy ), anyone got any tips?

2New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:04 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey man welcome aboard.

Float tubing is addicting.

And i cant help you with thay location but im sure some people will chime in really soon.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome welcome to this great site! Fisher and I will probly be out there saturday, im sure hes up to go. So we can lend a hand if needed. If you have any questions about tubin these are the guys to ask. Great bunch of tubers on this site. Fer bass try anythin shad crank bait, rattle traps..... Nothin bigger then 4" plastic worms like robo worms n greenieweenie, purple fx, n mornin dawn 6" works really well. Drop shot n carolina worhed fer me.

Last edited by Tubinferbass on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

4New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:32 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum thehedgemon. I never fished perris but Plenty of guys do, I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

5New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome to the site I am sure your first outing you will have a great time. I am also sure there will be 2 or 3 or 6 guys out at perris to help you out.
I am sure after that trip you will have a smile from ear to ear that will be there till the next trip.
Very happy you found us, have a great time on your first trip be safe tight lines.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard

7New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:16 am

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Wow it seems like I came to the right place.

Thanks everyone for the welcoming!

Tubinferbass, I'm gonna be out there probably around 7. Thanks a lot for the info, any idea where I should launching from?

8New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome aboard. I fish Perris during the warmer months and tubinferbass and a few others have done pretty good with the fishing out there so far this Autumn. Good group of guys over here.

9New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:03 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Were gunna fish from the launch ramp side cant rember lot # ill let you know. Jus go threw main entrance n go to last dock next to sheriffs boats. Gunna be my first time floatin this side allways floated bernisconi rd.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

10New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Glad you found the spot hedge although I'm not much of a fisherman I just enjoy getting out on the tube. I don't mind shore fishing, but I feel so much more involved when on a tube.

11New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:21 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to this awesome forum u will find alot of help here i fish perris all the time so i can help u out there what u fish for

12New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:28 am

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:welcome to this awesome forum u will find alot of help here i fish perris all the time so i can help u out there what u fish for

Yeah everyone seems really helpful here!

Well mainly I have been going for Trout/Panfish in the past but would love to catch my first bass. I've been stocking up on a bunch of lures that everyone has suggested.

13New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:34 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice if u want a bass ill get u on one or more ya i might have to go out on sat to get u on one

14New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:01 am

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:nice if u want a bass ill get u on one or more ya i might have to go out on sat to get u on one

Oh man that would be awesome! If you're down, hit me up via PM so that we can plan the place/time.

I still need to figure out how to get in the water since I haven't even got into my tube yet green happy

15New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

will do and u will prob need some waders if u dont have any yet i would get some water temp has been in low 60s

16New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:19 am

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:will do and u will prob need some waders if u dont have any yet i would get some water temp has been in low 60s

Yeah, I got all the needed items when I bought the tube. Hopefully the breathable waders are good enough for that weather.

Waders, fins, PFD, rod holders, and I think that's all I needed according to all the places I read.

17New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:34 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

You sound like you are ready to go just add water Very Happy

18New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

haha yep u just need to get in the water now me and tubin goin out thurs if u can make it we will be there also on sunday i dont no what pfd is tho

19New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Personal floataion device ha ha ha we don't even have those what time u going on thurs I got that day off

20New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:55 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

HEADCASE881 wrote:Personal floataion device ha ha ha we don't even have those what time u going on thurs I got that day off

Haha yeah well I read most places require a PFD so I thought I should get one just in case.

Ahh unfortunately weekends are my only days off so most likely will be the only days I can make it out.

21New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:00 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

You are correct most places require them so it is good to have one. It should be on you or at least close enough to put on if something goes wrong.

22New to the forum and to the tube Empty Re: New to the forum and to the tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

o ic never been asked about a pfd so never got one but right on ill see u sat then

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum