FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

DPH-one bad week erased by one good fish

+3
Aquaholic38
BASSGEEK
MASSfisher
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DPH-one bad week erased by one good fish Empty DPH-one bad week erased by one good fish Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well ive been having a pretty hectic week and today wasnt much better...considering it was my day off and i had to work anyways. Theres only one cure for a bad day: catch fish!

Original plan was to get a few hours in from the shore.....do a little experimenting while the tide was low and scout out some new spots. I stop by Hogan's bait and tackle for some stuff and say screw it....i have a bait net i paid $20 for that i havent used yet...so im gona take the tube out and live line some bait and just relax.

Well that plan would have worked except i was in such a rush to launch my tube that i forgot my net.....switched to plan B and threw the softies instead. Water was really calm and the tide was low.....but the weather was beautiful. Got a cool pic right after i launched that came out awesome cause my GF left my camera on "pinhole". Seriously a really cool picture.

Tons of bait flipping around and made some casts past the boils for nothing except a few taps....im thinking macs. Worked the end of the wall near the bait barge and scored two sculpin...both on the drop. Sculpin really love to not fight...at all lol. But i wasnt going home with a stripe so i knew my day could only get better. Missed a few fish because i was just relaxin and enjoying being on the water away from all the BS. It starts getting dark so i decide to work some pilings. Turn my headlamp on and start kicking in a bit and as i look down i see THOUSANDS of baitfish rushing by me. I real my line in and make a cast but they are gone.....and something was chasing them cause they were swimming for their lives.

Well i finally make it over to the pilings and fish for a long time without a single tap. As im heading in i make a long cast along a dock.....the baits hits bottom. Crank crank pause........wham! Fight the fish and he makes a run for the piling...crank the drag a bit because hes tearing line and i finally work him in and land a nice sized grump. Really nice to land this guh on 6lb line. Check my line after a few pics and it is frayed really bad...im suprised i landed him....but the fish.gods decided to give me a break. Next cast and i catch his little brother. I felt bad cause he swallowed some other guys bait and was gut hooked. Had a bunch of line coming out of his mouth...must have been 20lb+ line....damn bait fisherman! Worked the same dock for a while and it died down so i called it a night.

Not the best night but its amazing how you could get shot, mugged, and step in dog crap but forget all of it after an hour on the water.

Ill post pics later....i dont have internet now because i just moved to a new place...but stay tuned for them.

Brian

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That was a badass visual bro! I can totally picture that in my mind. Cool

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I gotta say, I first glanced to the whole post and got lazy to reed it; (cellphone, little screen...) But once I stared reeding couldnt stop! Awesome!

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

" Not the best night but its amazing how you could get shot, mugged, and step in dog crap but forget all of it after an hour on the water."
What?!

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Aquaholic38 wrote:I gotta say, I first glanced to the whole post and got lazy to reed it; (cellphone, little screen...) But once I stared reeding couldnt stop! Awesome!
I second that

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i hope you just had a bad day and need to relax hope none of those things happen bro and if they did sorry for that bad luck but the fish god sure was watching you and you are still 6 feet above ground thank god and it was a great post too good job and hang in there
Ed

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are the pics...a real pain to upload onto my computeroover to my ohone on to facebook and over her lol....but worth it

And none of those things happened just a bunch of other annoying atuff....nothing too bad though. Tonight made up for it though....and that spotty isnt the biggeat but for dana point its pretty big.

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cant forget about this guy!

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The one night i forget my gopro is the night baitfish are flying all around me....no biggie though ill remember it next time. Sorry for so many after posts im doin this from my droid so its annoying to edit stuff.

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'll be there with you soon mabey next week cant wait. hows the water temp and will sweats work under my waders or is it really cold ? , nice report bradda

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well I am glad none of that stuff happen that would really suck but I am glad fishing made you relax and forget about stuff for awhile and great pictures oh and it is hard to do this from my Droid to but I did learn how to load pictures and then after my update it would not do it any more

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dude i just wear my jeans....because im lazy and wear jeans all the time anyways. Sweats woldnt be bad....last time i wore them during the day i actually got to hot and was sweating....but that was a few months ago. Im gonna start wearing them at night under my waiders though...just in
case.

Kona just let me know man....i dont live to far away so im down to rip some lips with you almost anytime!

Ed your phone wont send them online anymore? Did you try to restart your phone...sometimes they act up and you gotta shut.em off for a minute to get them working again.

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'm working on the bluff over looking DPH! it's a real nice and flat morning.

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Right now....hmm im gonna head there in a lil bit i think

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good to hear that didn't happen.

Fisher