FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

pics added...SD 12-5...the night I saw a skunk & laughed

+6
Tubinferbass
TheAsianGuy
Konacrush
ed5000x
BASSGEEK
MASSfisher
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well gents.....you are getting this report minutes after I left the water. That means two things: 1) no pictures until later (again) 2) Todays events are still fresh in my head so you get a good report.

Original plan was to fish NPH...that got cancelled because I had to come down to SD so my gf could do my laundry for me.....ok thats a lie but im meeting her in a few minutes so I figures id get some fishing in before hand.

Fished a new "secret spot" today. At first i was a bit skeptical but it was low tide and the wind was picking up so i just kept at it. About 30 minutes in I start picking away at some spotties. All small fish at this spot but it didn't matter to me....small fish are better than no fish. I noticed the fish were all caught in 2 specific spots....i think there was a drop off that was holding them where they were but without a depth finder it was hard to tell. Well i keep pickin away missing a bunch of fish (i blame it on the slack in my line caused by the wind lol) and eventually get a solid hit after a few minutes of nothing. Immediately i knew it was a decent sized halibut...the head shakes were a dead give away. Well the fish comes to color and it isnt a hali its a big sand bass...oh wait....wrong again. Its a white sea bass! I was so pumped to land it especiallyafter he tore some line from me, making two runs and at one point rubbing me againt a piling so hard i felt it in the rod. I am glad i investedin a net lol. Take some pictures and release him to grow to be the next world record. After that i caught another small spotty and headed in because i was hungry, cold, and the wind was blowing me around like a sail boat.

Flash forward a few hours.

I hit up my usual spot in CV and my timing is perfect....3 hours or so before the high tide with the sun going down= spotties waiting to kill. I work my usual set of docks for no love. Move over to a different area and get a handful of smaller sized spotties. Drop another piling and get bit but lose the fish. Drop the same piling and lose him again. I checked my hook which i had sharpend 5 fish before and its really dull. I sharpen up and drop the same piling again and land this fatty (pretend i inserted a picture of a decent spotty here).

After him its starting to get late so i start to kick in. I pass the breakwall and see a skunk on the rocks looking at me. Skunks cant talk but i know what he was thinkin: "Good job Massfisher...you have beat me again". As i get to the dock near the ramp i see that there is a baitfish massacregoing on! Thousands of baitfish swimming around and getting pummeled on the surface. 4th or 5th cast near the dock i get hit on the drop. Set and land a sub legal freckle faced monster. After that it pretty much died down although i landed (for a split second) a fish that i cant name. It appearedto be all silver with a high dorsal fin (almost like a sailfish) and a forked tail like your typical mac.

Well without pics this isnt that cool but hope you liked reading it anyways.

And ill post pics later along with an underwater wsb release video.

Brian

And i forgot to mention: all fish caught on T&C swimgrubs. 3/8oz led head was good when it was windy but tonight there was no wind and the water was like glass so 1/4oz did the trick. Today was one of those days when uaing hot sauce actually made a difference in the amount of fish landed.

Im not gonna post all of the sub standard sbb pics but heres the WSB.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The average spotty for the day/night....not many caught that were bigger by an inch or two

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And a short little video for your viewing pleasure:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by MASSfisher on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added pics)

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Badass!!!

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great report bro and what a way to go on that mission

Awsome,cant wait to see the pictures.

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hell ya bra great report as always

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice! Looks like the dating life still good in balancing out fishing time heh? LOL

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome report!!!! Lookin forward to those pics

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice report glad u got some fish in diff places

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great report, haven't fished salt in almost a month hopefully I can squeeze in a night trip after work sometime this week.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome!

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sometimes its hard to fish and not piss my gf off....but she is starting to enjoy fishing and even wants to go trout fishing at Corona lakes this friday cause her friend caught a nice trout there the other day. I hit that spot up again for some small spotties and a legal...ill post a report soon.

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waitin for pics of that monster u got

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah my GF got a little peeved that I went fishing this Sunday, but I gave her every opportunity to come with. She sort of enjoys the bait/wait fishing since most of the "quality" time we spend fishing she has an opportunity to talk about shopping and her girl shows. She knows I'm forced to sit and listen for hours on end so she actually ends up getting the better of our fishing time.

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LGHT wrote:Yeah my GF got a little peeved that I went fishing this Sunday, but I gave her every opportunity to come with. She sort of enjoys the bait/wait fishing since most of the "quality" time we spend fishing she has an opportunity to talk about shopping and her girl shows. She knows I'm forced to sit and listen for hours on end so she actually ends up getting the better of our fishing time.

lol! You got the full onslaught package! Just to let you know that it will get a lot hairier when you two decide to take the vow of "til death due you part". In your case, it may be the "til deaf do you smile". Okay..okay..a bit mean there.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Young WSB are very fragile. Must handle with care...always with care. Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for posting up!

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea i netted him and held him behind the gill plate for a few pics...he was back in the water with a minute.

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wow great pics and video. Man I need to get a waterproof bag for my camera!

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No need for a bag...get a waterproof camera! Ask santa for one. I have a gopro and the camera i took that video on was my olympic stlus tough 8010...not the greatest camera but its waterproof to 36 feet (or somewhere around that). Its crush proof and canbe used in extremely hot/cold temps.

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I thought about that, but since I've already invested a LOT of money on my current camera and several lenses I want to try and use that instead of spending money on something else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum