FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your go to lure?

+9
73Camaro
flyfishingfool
jeffcpr
LGHT
Tubinferbass
waxon67
TheAsianGuy
n2deepfsw
MASSfisher
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What is your go to lure? Empty What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Everyone has their own go to bait, their confidence bait. It's something you can throw out their when the bite is hot or the bite is off. You can throw it year round, regardless of water temperature, clarity, depth etc. and know that it CAN catch fish.

For the bays mine is a ghost shrimp T&C swimgrub. On this bait I've caught legal hali's, white sea bass, big spotties, croaker, jacksmelt,macs, lizards and probably a few more species.

For freshwater (which I rarely do, and i suck at) it's a texas rigged roboworm.

So what is your go to bait?

Im sure some of ya'll have a few baits that you won't share with everyone...which is fine. I'm looking to do more fresh water fishing this year and plan on stocking up on some good baits that I can have confidence in...after all confidence is a huge factor when it comes to catching fish vs. getting skunked.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

2What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

And color doesn't have to be included....i just mentioned mine for the heck of it even though i have confidence in just about every T&C I throw as long as it's rigged correctly.

Again, don't share your secret bait...but what lure has produced the most fish for you in different locations? This could get interesting.

3What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:08 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Mine would be the O.T.S. Custom baits curly and the slick...

4What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:16 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

* Salt: Cutbait of squids, octopus, whole small sardine, whole shrimp, whole small anchovy, and mackerel

* Freshwater: meal worms, wax worms, maggots, crickets, mini marshmallows, marinated chunks of mackerel in ground shrimp-anchovy-Velvetta cheese-garlic powder-salt juice, and crawdads. If I forgot my live/cut baits, go for the Mr. Gary Senkoswim (watermelon), pink trout worm, or swirly grubs. Only have 1 or two of each per arsenal.

Don't like to use plastics. Live/cut baits work more efficiently, and rewarded the fishes as I released them (mainly bass). They worked hard to hammer your bait, so, reward them with a bit of treat before they head off. But panfish (5" to 7"), catfish, and carp. Give them a nice last meal before you make a meal out of them.

5What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 pm

right now mine is warbaits and big hammer.

6What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:04 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

^ The warhammer is always a good combo.

What do you guys think about using a swimbait for freshwater? Im not talking about giant trout imitation lures....but typical 3-5" models used year round?

7What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:* Salt: Cutbait of squids, octopus, whole small sardine, whole shrimp, whole small anchovy, and mackerel

* Freshwater: meal worms, wax worms, maggots, crickets, mini marshmallows, marinated chunks of mackerel in ground shrimp-anchovy-Velvetta cheese-garlic powder-salt juice, and crawdads. If I forgot my live/cut baits, go for the Mr. Gary Senkoswim (watermelon), pink trout worm, or swirly grubs. Only have 1 or two of each per arsenal.

Don't like to use plastics. Live/cut baits work more efficiently, and rewarded the fishes as I released them (mainly bass). They worked hard to hammer your bait, so, reward them with a bit of treat before they head off. But panfish (5" to 7"), catfish, and carp. Give them a nice last meal before you make a meal out of them.

Do you float tube harbors and estuaries and target spotted and sand bass?

8What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:^ The warhammer is always a good combo.

What do you guys think about using a swimbait for freshwater? Im not talking about giant trout imitation lures....but typical 3-5" models used year round?

They work very well sir.

9What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:09 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Swimbaits are a good tool to keep as part of your arsenal. I tried to use oak wood blocks to carve out segmented shiners, around 1" to 4". Perfect thing to have if you can get a few and keep it in your arsenal. Awesome for landing basses and larger games. Not so much for smaller. Got a few of the 2" to 5" variety from Rapala too. Worked wonder on greenies and stripers. Landed my 1st halibut on the 5" shiner as well.

10What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:12 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:Do you float tube harbors and estuaries and target spotted and sand bass?

This was before my float tubing time. Used to be on friend's boats, in the harbors and estuaries. Aimed for anything that bite. Also stood on the bridge and casted into the estuaries late in the days. Use do do a lot of pier fishing at Newport and Santa Monica as well. Got old fast when you have to fish with tons of people, elbows to elbows.

11What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well fer fresh water id have to say my new found ikas!!! It seems that everythin eats crawfish year round.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

12What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:56 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

been trout fishing a lot lately and even when nothing else seems to be working a trusted old super duper seems to get em every time

13What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:48 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Super Dupers are dare i say it "Super Duper" I also go to the Kastmaster or Roostertail.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

14What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:28 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

I'm not big on carrying a tackle shop around so I usually stick to the basics. I've been fishing with robos for a great deal of time, and they been good to me.

Hammers work well.

Taking a few up with me in May. Hope they can handle the cold. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

15What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:44 pm

73Camaro

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Too many variants in freshwater but for saltwater:

Inshore bays: 4" and 5" Single Tail Curly Grubs, colors: Red Moonstone (it's the same color as a live razor clam), Clear w/Red Flake, Lime Green, Rootbeer w/Silver or Gold Flake, Chartreuse w/Silver Flake, Motor Oil w/Silver or Gold Flake and White.

Trolling: Deep Diving Bomber Model 6A in colors: G-Fleck Bengal Firetiger, Silver Flash or Metachrome Black Back

Long Beach Breakwater:

Daylight: 4" Split Tail Trailers in colors: Chartreuse w/Silver Flake w/Chartreuse Skirts and tipped with a squid strip (3/4 oz. jigheads), but for the keeper Halibut and Large Sand Bass: the Hopkins® Shorty® 75 (3/4 oz.) Stainless Steel (Chrome), Hammered Spoon with a single hook and a 5" Chartreuse or Red Single Tail Curly Grub attached.

Nightime: Same Split Tail Trailers or 4" and 5" Scampis but in Hot Pink w/Pink Skirts, also tipped w/a squid strip (3/4 oz. jigheads).

16What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

In that case a baby bass or shad swimbait in 3.5 inc Tru tungsten

17What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 pm

73Camaro

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Freshwater Swimbaits: I have a friend in Alabama that fishes the Southern Bass Circuit and he swears by (and I've seen photos of his Largemouth Bass (1 trip, 8 bass all over 5 lbs.)) a 5" Swimbait in Bass Glitter Color w/Anise Flavor (Jeff can get them for you).

18What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:15 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Yes I can I can get them for you thanks 73Camaro

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

19What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:18 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Bootlace and a paperclip.

20What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:45 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:Bootlace and a paperclip.
In what colors?

21What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

73Camaro wrote:Freshwater Swimbaits: I have a friend in Alabama that fishes the Southern Bass Circuit and he swears by (and I've seen photos of his Largemouth Bass (1 trip, 8 bass all over 5 lbs.)) a 5" Swimbait in Bass Glitter Color w/Anise Flavor (Jeff can get them for you).

Ive been wantin to try a 5" bass.... Theres all kinds of companies that make that size to many choices.

22What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:Bootlace and a paperclip.

I seen this before n the guy used a bubble gum bobber it was great!

23What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 am

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The Senko is hard to beat 3"-5" I have a modified 3 inch version that I use it works great.

http://bassinthehood.com

24What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:45 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys
Saltwater,.... chrome spoon
Fresh,.... chrome spoon

bodfish

25What is your go to lure? Empty Re: What is your go to lure? Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:13 am

jayman

jayman
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I mostly fish for trout... so as far as lures..
Streams --> Panther Martins
Lakes --> Panther Martins, Thomas Bouyants, kastmasters

But, I mostly use plastics.. mainly power worms or Gulp worms. Colors widely vary, depending on conditions and the unexplained reason why one fish likes a white worm and the one next to it likes the red one

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum