FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vibrating Jig

+5
waxon67
sonarbp
Leakytube
MASSfisher
IN2DEEP
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vibrating Jig Empty Vibrating Jig Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:48 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I hear that Scrounger heads work great in the bays
This is very interesting

2Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:29 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I hear the "new" scrounger heads are good but are not the same as the "original" ones. Supposedly a different company took over and changed things up....that's what ive heard at least...not sure if its true.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

A woman goes into Bass Pro Shop to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday.She doesn't know which one to get so she just grabs one and goes over to the counter. A Bass Pro Shop associate is standing there wearing dark shades. She says, ''Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?'' He says, ''Ma'am, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tel...l you everything from the sound it makes.'' She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway. He says, ''That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-LB. test line. It's a good all around combination and it's on sale this week for only $20.00." She says, ''It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!'' As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.''Oh, that sounds like a Master Card,'' he says. She bends down to pick it up and accidentally farts. At first she is really embarrassed, but then realizes there is no way the blind clerk could tell it was she who tooted. Being blind, he wouldn't know that she was the only person around.The man rings up the sale and says, ''That'll be $34.50 please.''The woman is totally confused by this and asks, ''Didn't you tell me the rod and reel were on sale for $20.00? How did you get $34.50?'' He replies, ''Yes, Ma'am. The rod and reel is $20.00, but the Duck Call is $11.00 and the Bear Repellent is $3.50"

http://www.wmcinc.com

4Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok i just watched the video again and im curious.....the setup in the video is a bit different than an actual scrounger jig right? If so is the regular scrounger as weedless as the one in the movie??

5Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:Ok i just watched the video again and im curious.....the setup in the video is a bit different than an actual scrounger jig right? If so is the regular scrounger as weedless as the one in the movie??
Right that a scrounger is different than this vibrating jighead
The scrounger is an open hook design with the bill adding the "wiggle" and sort of acting as a weedguard.
The scrounger is not as weedless
The original ones came rigged with a spade tail plastic bait (silver being the hot color)
Vibrating Jig AaronMartensScrounger

The vibrating lure uses a EWG type worm hook and you thread the plastic on weedless style
Not sure if this is designed to fish deep or not
Just found it interesting since I'm starting to fish weedless baits using a EWG type hook.
Vibrating Jig PBNJ-1
Vibrating Jig PBNJ-2

6Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:27 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very cool....might look into it for my freshwater applications. Hell, this seems like it would work in the bays too, like you said....perfect for the eel grass.

7Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:17 am

thats a cool bait, may just have to look into one of those

8Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The scrounger head is a prooven bait. It has been around for over 15+ years.

They come in several bill sizes. The shorter the bill the higher in the water column it swims.

I use them in both fresh and saltwater fishing with great results...the only drawback is the cost. Not the cheapest rig on the market!!

9Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very easy to make.

10Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:19 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool looking bait!

11Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:10 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hey guys,
Hee, Hee,.. everything old is new again! This product is an idea that I first saw 10-15 years ago that was made for the fly fishing crowd and a design that my friends and I experimented with a bit. The fly fishing design is a cupped piece of plastic (sans the tungsten weight) that you affix in front of your streamer and it adds lots of wiggle to the fly. It is a beast to cast so it was/is not very popular. The design we presently employ for bass fishing resembles a clear plastic fender washer with which we use bobber stops to hold it in place about an inch from the hook and lure. Wiggles like crazy! I make them out of 1/16" polycarbonate. Cool idea but after much testing did not significantly change our game so we kind of left it behind. This new idea takes it to the next level by incorporating the weight and using a softer plastic. I like It! Especially for the Delta which is the weediest place I have ever fished!! Looks like a perfect eel grass bait system!

As far as the Scrounger,.. Here is a bait that I first started fishing in the 70s. Back then they were used for squid strips and plastic worms. (paddle tail plastic bodies were a new idea, we were still using double tail Scampi's and Mister Twisters! until the advent of the Worm King.) They are a great rig and are presently enjoying a resurgence in the Pro Bass circuit in the west as a finesse swim bait rig.

bodfish

12Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

interresting setup might look into getting one or making one

13Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:53 pm

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I've used the old type of scrounger head in the bays. I've only used it a few times but I didn't seem to get any more bites than a normal lead head.

14Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:33 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

How about this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Vibrating Jig Empty Re: Vibrating Jig Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:26 am

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

That might work well if the fish are in an aggressive mood. However, I don't see much usefulness the way I typically fish in the harbors. Most of my baits are slow rolled along the bottom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum